Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX scripting for finding duplicates and null records in pk columns Post 302901035 by praveenraj.1991 on Sunday 11th of May 2014 01:27:28 AM
Old 05-11-2014
Nooo... its requirement in my project..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates with perl

I have a huge file (over 30mb) that I am processing through with perl. I am pulling out a list of filenames and placing it in an array called @reports. I am fine up till here. What I then want to do is go through the array and find any duplicates. If there is a duplicate, output it to the screen.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding null records in data file

I am having a "|" delimited flat file and I have to pick up all the records with the 2nd field having null value. Please suggest. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates in columns and removing lines

I am trying to figure out how to scan a file like so: 1 ralphs office","555-555-5555","ralph@mail.com","www.ralph.com 2 margies office","555-555-5555","ralph@mail.com","www.ralph.com 3 kims office","555-555-5555","kims@mail.com","www.ralph.com 4 tims... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: totus
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding duplicates from positioned substring across lines

I have million's of records each containing exactly 50 characters and have to check the uniqueness of 4 character substring of 50 character (postion known prior) and report if any duplicates are found. Eg. data... AAAA00000000000000XXXX0000 0000000000... upto50 chars... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gapprasath
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exclude records with null fields

Hi, can I do something like this to add a condition of checking if the 4th field is number or space or blank also: awk -F, '$4 /^*||*/' MYFILE >> OTHERFILE I also want the other part i.e. I need to exclude all lines whose 4th field is space or blank or number: MYFILE a,b,c,d,e a,b,c,2,r... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenK_Dudala
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to Count Records with not null

Hi, I have a pipe seperated file I want to write a code to display count of lines that have 20th field not null. nawk -F"|" '{if ($20!="") print NR,$20}' xyz..txt This displays records with 20th field also null. I would like output as: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix sort for fixed length columns and records

I was trying to use the AIX 6.1 sort command to sort fixed-length data records, sorting by specific columns only. It took some time to figure out how to get it to work, so I wanted to share the solution. The sort man page wasn't much help, because it talks about field delimeters (default space... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CheeseHead1
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help finding non duplicates

I am currently creating a script to find filenames that are listed once in an input file (find non duplicates). I then want to report those single files in another file. Here is the function that I have so far: function dups_filenames { file2="" file1="" file="" dn="" ch="" pn="" ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipblah84
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates in csv based on key columns

Hi team, I have 20 columns csv files. i want to find the duplicates in that file based on the column1 column10 column4 column6 coulnn8 coulunm2 . if those columns have same values . then it should be a duplicate record. can one help me on finding the duplicates, Thanks in advance. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskivs
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding duplicates then copying, almost there, maybe?

Hi everyone. I'm trying to help my wife with a project, she has exported 200 images from many different folders, unfortunately there was a problem with the export and I need to find the master versions so that she doesn't have to go through and select them again. I need to: For each image in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhinoskin
2 Replies
projdel(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       projdel(1M)

NAME
projdel - delete a project from the system SYNOPSIS
projdel [-f filename] project DESCRIPTION
The projdel utility deletes a project from the system and makes the appropriate changes to the system file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -f filename Specify the project file to modify. If no filename is specified, the system project file, /etc/project, is modified. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: project The name of the project to be deleted. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 2 The command syntax was invalid. A usage message for projdel is displayed. 3 An invalid argument was provided to an option. 4 The projid given with the -p option is already in use. 5 The project files contain an error. See project(4). 6 The project to be modified, group, user, or resource does not exist. 9 The project is already in use. 10 Cannot update the /etc/project file. FILES
/etc/project System project file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stabilty | See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Invocation is evolving. Human readable output is unstable. SEE ALSO
projects(1), groupadd(1M), groupdel(1M), groupmod(1M), grpck(1M), logins(1M), projadd(1M), projmod(1M), useradd(1M), userdel(1M), user- mod(1M), project(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
In case of an error, projdel prints an error message and exits with a non-zero status. NOTES
projdel deletes a project definition only on the local system. If a network name service such as NIS or LDAP is being used to supplement the local /etc/project file with additional entries, projdel cannot change information supplied by the network name service. SunOS 5.10 4 May 2004 projdel(1M)