Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Interacitve script for Healthcheckup of nodes Post 302900930 by veronica on Friday 9th of May 2014 01:05:51 PM
Old 05-09-2014
Hi

What i want to do is that when i select option1, it picks up script1 accordingly from another path and then scp to destination server?

In between selecting the correct script and moving to other server, it will prompt for IP address.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-nodes

first off, i am new to unix so please bear with me. i was reading somewhere that if your i-nodes get critical that it can slow your network down. what are i-nodes and when do they become a critical number? this is what mine states: / (/dev/root ): 777058 blocks 569290 i-nodes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djatwork
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nodes

how do you list all the nodes in unix :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamisi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to map XML nodes

Hi folks, I'm a bit of a novice at this but here goes. I want to read in nodes from an XML file, and map the path to each. eg the file is structured <node><nodename>.</nodename> <node><nodename>topnode</nodename> <node><nodename>subnode1</nodename></node> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mark14
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for showing only selected nodes

Dear all, I am bit confused lately, I have a xmlfile here: file: book.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <bookstore> <book category="COOKING"> <title lang="en">Everyday Italian</title> <author>Giada De Laurentiis</author> <year>2005</year> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penyu
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Rebooting 3 to 1 Cluster nodes.

hello Gurus, My current set up is 3 to 1 Cluster (SUN Cluster 3.2) running oracle database. Task is to reboot the servers. My query is about the procedure to do the same. My understanding is suspend the databases to avoid switchover. Then execute the command scshutdown to down the cluster... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on HACMP nodes?

Hello All, Anybody knows how can I run script on the AIX HACMP offline node, without logon a offline node? I would like to run a script on the online node and at same time or after the online node on the offline node. Any IDEA? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalaso
3 Replies

8. High Performance Computing

request more nodes

I am new to cluster commands. But I have tried utilizing: -pe, but I do not know my parallel computing environment. We are running SGE, is there a simpler command to request more nodes? also: qsub -N auto -M name@email.com -m abe auto.sh does not email me at all. Help would be appreciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One service, two nodes, HA

Hi all. I have two nodes taken different places. They are connected together on a network. So, i have a service, it works on one of nodes and when the node is unavailable the service should will be launched on other node. Solution: rhel cluster, keepalive, hearbeat...may be Carp but what if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flomaster
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabulate nodes and subnodes of XML file script

Hello to all, I'd like to tabulate the content of the XML file below, I've been trying with AWK putting the Top node (<KIND>) as RS and so far I'm able to print the first and second field of each record, but I don't know how to continue with the following nodes that have more inner nodes. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
4 Replies
pbs_resources_sp2(7B)							PBS						     pbs_resources_sp2(7B)

NAME
pbs_resources_sp2 - pbs resources on IBM SP-2 DESCRIPTION
This page summarizes the resources supported by PBS for the IBM SP-2. These resources are specified by including them in the -l option argument on the qsub or qalter command or in the PBS job script. RESOURCES
nice The nice value under which the job is to be run. Units: unitary. walltime Maximum amount of real time during which the job can be in the running state. Units: time. arch Specifies the administrator defined system architecture requried. This defaults to whatever the PBS_MACH string is set to in "local.mk". Units: string. host Name of host on which job should be run. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. nodes Number and/or type of nodes to be reserved for exclusive use by the job. The value is one or more node_specs joined with the '+' character, "node_spec[+node_spec...]. Each node_spec is an number of nodes required of the type declared in the node_spec and a name or one or more properity or properities desired for the nodes. The number, the name, and each properity in the node_spec are separated by a colon ':'. If no number is specified, one(1) is assumed. Units: string. The name of a node is its hostname. The properities of nodes are: . ppn=# specifying the number of processors per node requested. Defaults to 1. . arbitrary string assigned by the system administrator, please check with your administrator as to the node names and properities available to you. Examples: . To ask for 12 nodes of any type: -l nodes=12 . To ask for 2 "server" nodes and 14 other nodes (a total of 16): -l nodes=2:server+14 The above consist of two node_specs "2:server" and "14". . To ask for (a) 1 node that is a "server" and has a "hippi" interface, (b) 10 nodes that are not servers, and (c) 3 nodes that have a large amount of memory an have hippi: -l nodes=server:hippi+10:noserver+3:bigmem:hippi . To ask for three nodes by name: -l nodes=b2005+b1803+b1813 . To ask for 2 processors on each of four nodes: -l nodes=4:ppn=2 . To ask for 4 processors on one node: -l nodes=1:ppn=4 . To ask for 2 processors on each of two blue nodes and three processors on one red node: -l nodes=2:blue:ppn=2+red:ppn=3 host Allows a user to specify the desired execution location. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. other Allows a user to specify site specific information. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allow- able values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. software Allows a user to specify software required by the job. This is useful if certain software packages are only available on certain systems in the site. This resource is provided for use by the site's scheduling policy. The allowable values and effect on job placement is site dependent. Units: string. EXAMPLES
qsub -l nodes=15,walltime=2:00:00 script or in a qsub script as a directive: #PBS -l nodes=15,walltime=2:00:00 RESOURCE UNITS
The resource values take the following units: time specifies a maximum time period the resource can be used. Time is expressed in seconds as an integer, or in the form: [[hours:]minutes:]seconds[.milliseconds] unitary The maximum amount of a resource which is expressed as a simple integer. SEE ALSO
the PBS ERS, qsub(1B), qalter(1B), pbs_submit(3B), pbs_alterjob(3B), pbs_statjob(3b) pbs_resources_aix4(7B), pbs_resources_irix5(7B) pbs_resources_sunos4(7B), pbs_resources_unicos8(7B) Local pbs_resources_sp2(7B)