Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Interacitve script for Healthcheckup of nodes Post 302900856 by veronica on Friday 9th of May 2014 05:54:22 AM
Old 05-09-2014
Code:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

# clear the screen
tput clear

# Move cursor to screen location X,Y (top left is 0,0)
tput cup 3 15

# Set a foreground colour using ANSI escape
tput setaf 3
echo "HealthCheckup"
tput sgr0

tput cup 5 17
# Set reverse video mode
tput rev
echo "M A I N - M E N U"
tput sgr0

tput cup 7 15
echo "1. SDP"

tput cup 8 15
echo "2. CCN"

tput cup 9 15
echo "3. AIR"

tput cup 10 15
echo "4. EMM"

# Set bold mode 
tput bold
tput cup 12 15
read -p "Enter your choice [1-4] " choice

tput clear
tput sgr0
tput rc
scp /your/script/path/monitor.sh user@node1-IP-address:/tmp/. ;
ssh user@node1-IP-address -t "sudo sh /tmp/monitor.sh > /tmp/node1.txt" ;
scp user@node1-IP-address:/tmp/node1.txt /path/of/your/local/server/. ;
ssh user@node1-IP-address -t "rm -rf /tmp/monitor.sh"

The problem is that i am in search of a command which could corelate the option 1,2,3 with the script 1,2,3 like as soon as i put option1 it should pick correct script and log on to the destination server with the correct script.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-09-2014 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i-nodes

first off, i am new to unix so please bear with me. i was reading somewhere that if your i-nodes get critical that it can slow your network down. what are i-nodes and when do they become a critical number? this is what mine states: / (/dev/root ): 777058 blocks 569290 i-nodes... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djatwork
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

nodes

how do you list all the nodes in unix :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamisi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Managing nodes???

Does anyone know something about this? I have no idea what it means and how to do it. but if anyone can give me and explanation and also point me to a website, i'd really appreciate it (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to map XML nodes

Hi folks, I'm a bit of a novice at this but here goes. I want to read in nodes from an XML file, and map the path to each. eg the file is structured <node><nodename>.</nodename> <node><nodename>topnode</nodename> <node><nodename>subnode1</nodename></node> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mark14
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for showing only selected nodes

Dear all, I am bit confused lately, I have a xmlfile here: file: book.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <bookstore> <book category="COOKING"> <title lang="en">Everyday Italian</title> <author>Giada De Laurentiis</author> <year>2005</year> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: penyu
2 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Rebooting 3 to 1 Cluster nodes.

hello Gurus, My current set up is 3 to 1 Cluster (SUN Cluster 3.2) running oracle database. Task is to reboot the servers. My query is about the procedure to do the same. My understanding is suspend the databases to avoid switchover. Then execute the command scshutdown to down the cluster... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script on HACMP nodes?

Hello All, Anybody knows how can I run script on the AIX HACMP offline node, without logon a offline node? I would like to run a script on the online node and at same time or after the online node on the offline node. Any IDEA? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalaso
3 Replies

8. High Performance Computing

request more nodes

I am new to cluster commands. But I have tried utilizing: -pe, but I do not know my parallel computing environment. We are running SGE, is there a simpler command to request more nodes? also: qsub -N auto -M name@email.com -m abe auto.sh does not email me at all. Help would be appreciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

One service, two nodes, HA

Hi all. I have two nodes taken different places. They are connected together on a network. So, i have a service, it works on one of nodes and when the node is unavailable the service should will be launched on other node. Solution: rhel cluster, keepalive, hearbeat...may be Carp but what if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Flomaster
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabulate nodes and subnodes of XML file script

Hello to all, I'd like to tabulate the content of the XML file below, I've been trying with AWK putting the Top node (<KIND>) as RS and so far I'm able to print the first and second field of each record, but I don't know how to continue with the following nodes that have more inner nodes. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
4 Replies
clear(1)						      General Commands Manual							  clear(1)

NAME
clear - clear the terminal screen SYNOPSIS
clear [-Ttype] [-V] [-x] DESCRIPTION
clear clears your screen if this is possible, including its scrollback buffer (if the extended "E3" capability is defined). clear looks in the environment for the terminal type given by the environment variable TERM, and then in the terminfo database to determine how to clear the screen. clear writes to the standard output. You can redirect the standard output to a file (which prevents clear from actually clearing the screen), and later cat the file to the screen, clearing it at that point. OPTIONS
-T type indicates the type of terminal. Normally this option is unnecessary, because the default is taken from the environment variable TERM. If -T is specified, then the shell variables LINES and COLUMNS will also be ignored. -V reports the version of ncurses which was used in this program, and exits. The options are as follows: -x do not attempt to clear the terminal's scrollback buffer using the extended "E3" capability. HISTORY
A clear command appeared in 2.79BSD dated February 24, 1979. Later that was provided in Unix 8th edition (1985). AT&T adapted a different BSD program (tset) to make a new command (tput), and used this to replace the clear command with a shell script which calls tput clear, e.g., /usr/bin/tput ${1:+-T$1} clear 2> /dev/null exit In 1989, when Keith Bostic revised the BSD tput command to make it similar to the AT&T tput, he added a shell script for the clear command: exec tput clear The remainder of the script in each case is a copyright notice. The ncurses clear command began in 1995 by adapting the original BSD clear command (with terminfo, of course). The E3 extension came later: o In June 1999, xterm provided an extension to the standard control sequence for clearing the screen. Rather than clearing just the vis- ible part of the screen using printf '33[2J' one could clear the scrollback using printf '33[3J' This is documented in XTerm Control Sequences as a feature originating with xterm. o A few other terminal developers adopted the feature, e.g., PuTTY in 2006. o In April 2011, a Red Hat developer submitted a patch to the Linux kernel, modifying its console driver to do the same thing. The Linux change, part of the 3.0 release, did not mention xterm, although it was cited in the Red Hat bug report (#683733) which led to the change. o Again, a few other terminal developers adopted the feature. But the next relevant step was a change to the clear program in 2013 to incorporate this extension. o In 2013, the E3 extension was overlooked in tput with the "clear" parameter. That was addressed in 2016 by reorganizing tput to share its logic with clear and tset. PORTABILITY
Neither IEEE Std 1003.1/The Open Group Base Specifications Issue 7 (POSIX.1-2008) nor X/Open Curses Issue 7 documents tset or reset. The latter documents tput, which could be used to replace this utility either via a shell script or by an alias (such as a symbolic link) to run tput as clear. SEE ALSO
tput(1), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 6.1 (patch 20180127). clear(1)