Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX Replace CIFS by local FS
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AIX Replace CIFS by local FS Post 302900833 by BEN1978 on Friday 9th of May 2014 04:27:52 AM
Old 05-09-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Not entirely clear on the question -- you want AIX to serve the share to Windows instead of vice versa?
Hello ,

In fact we want replace the CIFS mount point by a local FS

Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 5.2 print to a local printer

HHi guys . I have this problem ,I'm trying to print to a local machine (windows from the aix box , I;m using tiny Term Emulator) I mean i have no idea what should i do to get this going. The printer is connect it to the pc , it does not have an ip address. Thanks a lot Jose (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
0 Replies

2. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX cifs: mount Windows Server 2008 share ?

Hello, I've been using AIX cifs to mount windows XP shares with no problems till now. Now it's Windows Server 2008 R2 - no go: mount -v cifs -n host1/user1/pass1 /share1 /mountpt1 There was an error connecting the share or the server. Make sure the lsdev command shows that device nsmb0 is in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

4. AIX

CIFS Mount Problem in AIX 5.3 TL12 SP-01-1016

Hi all, We are experiencing below mentioned error on mounting windows Share on AIX 5.3 when we migrate our TL from 8 to TL12-SP01, we also checked the allowed password length for mounting CIFS which is fine(10 characters in our case). On IBM fix central site there is a fix IZ63140 for... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
10 Replies

5. AIX

CIFS Mount not mounting on my AIX server

Dear Experts, Im facing a unique situation. We got a windows server folder cifs mounted on my AIX server. Before restarting the win server I tried unmounting the cifs mount. It got hanged and win server was restarted however. Now Im trying to mount the same. It prompts for password... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadeava
3 Replies

6. AIX

AIX cifs mount to Windows Server 2008 R2

Hi i have some problem to mount a Windows Server 2008 R2 share on AIX. I found the artikel 157701-aix-cifs-mount-windows-server-2008-share on the Forum (cant post the Link) witch decribe my situation but there is no solution. I can mount a share to a Windows 2003 SP2 Server but not to 2008 R2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTee
2 Replies

7. AIX

Mount CIFS on AIX

Hello AIX gurus, I am trying to mount a CIFS share on AIX and I could use some help. Here are the environment details: AIX - 6100-05-01-1016 Domain Controller - WIN2K8R2 (authentication takes place here) CIFS share is stored on a NetApp storage array that is joined to the domain I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhall
2 Replies

8. AIX

Mounting cifs on AIX

Hi All, I was trying to setup a file share between AIX and widnows servers. I have installed cifs filesets on my AIX LPAR. but when i was trying to mount the share on AIX , got the below errors. There was an error connecting the share or the server. Make sure the lsdev command shows that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies

9. AIX

AIX 6.1 : Problem with cifs and win2012.

i want to connect a shared folder on a server w2k12 by cifs "mkcifsmnt", but without sucess, i tried to do the same on w2k3, it works, but both on win7 and w2k12 doesn't work, is there any suggestions about this problem, thks in advance. My aix version is 6.1 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aouiti
3 Replies

10. AIX

AIX available cifs mount options

Hi, I can't find any documentation of all available mount options of mount -v cifs Unfortunately you can specify any fantasy options, no complains, and the mount command shows this option In particular I want to know if there is a possibility to completely disable cifs caching in aix,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
3 Replies
CIFSIOSTAT(1)							Linux User's Manual						     CIFSIOSTAT(1)

NAME
cifsiostat - Report CIFS statistics. SYNOPSIS
cifsiostat [ -h ] [ -k | -m ] [ -t ] [ -V ] [ interval [ count ] ] DESCRIPTION
The cifsiostat command displays statistics about read and write operations on CIFS filesystems. The interval parameter specifies the amount of time in seconds between each report. The first report contains statistics for the time since system startup (boot). Each subsequent report contains statistics collected during the interval since the previous report. A report con- sists of a CIFS header row followed by a line of statistics for each CIFS filesystem that is mounted. The count parameter can be specified in conjunction with the interval parameter. If the count parameter is specified, the value of count determines the number of reports gener- ated at interval seconds apart. If the interval parameter is specified without the count parameter, the cifsiostat command generates reports continuously. REPORT
The CIFS report provides statistics for each mounted CIFS filesystem. The report shows the following fields: Filesystem: This columns shows the mount point of the CIFS filesystem. rB/s (rkB/s, rMB/s) Indicate the average number of bytes (kilobytes, megabytes) read per second. wB/s (wkB/s, wMB/s) Indicate the average number of bytes (kilobytes, megabytes) written per second. rop/s Indicate the number of 'read' operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. wop/s Indicate the number of 'write' operations that were issued to the filesystem per second. fo/s Indicate the number of open files per second. fc/s Indicate the number of closed files per second. fd/s Indicate the number of deleted files per second. OPTIONS
-h Make the CIFS report easier to read by a human. -k Display statistics in kilobytes per second. -m Display statistics in megabytes per second. -t Print the time for each report displayed. The timestamp format may depend on the value of the S_TIME_FORMAT environment variable (see below). -V Print version number then exit. ENVIRONMENT
The cifsiostat command takes into account the following environment variables: S_TIME_FORMAT If this variable exists and its value is ISO then the current locale will be ignored when printing the date in the report header. The nfsiostat command will use the ISO 8601 format (YYYY-MM-DD) instead. The timestamp displayed with option -t will also be com- pliant with ISO 8601 format. BUG
/proc filesystem must be mounted for cifsiostat to work. FILE
/proc/fs/cifs/Stats contains CIFS statistics. AUTHORS
Written by Ivana Varekova (varekova <at> redhat.com) Maintained by Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sar(1), pidstat(1), mpstat(1), vmstat(8), iostat(1), nfsiostat(1) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux JANUARY 2011 CIFSIOSTAT(1)