Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sendmail dir permission problems. Post 302900822 by galford on Friday 9th of May 2014 02:00:53 AM
Old 05-09-2014
Sendmail dir permission problems.

I accidently deleted the queue directory and now i'm receiving this error when I try to send email with sendmail.
Code:
:~# mailq
MSP Queue status...
                /var/spool/mqueue-client (1 request)
-----Q-ID----- --Size-- -----Q-Time----- ------------Sender/Recipient-----------
s495xA7J002673        3 Fri May  9 09:59 root
                 (Deferred: 421 4.3.0 collect: Cannot write ./dfs495xAk8002674)
                                         desj1@videotron.ca
                Total requests: 1

Any help?

Last edited by Franklin52; 05-09-2014 at 04:49 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

ksh : permission denied on mounted dir

Hello, I have the following problem. I made a directory /mnt/appserv and mounted it on a windows server. The line in /etc/fstab to do this is the following : winoracle:/environments10g /mnt/appserv cifs defaults 0 0 I have mounted this dir as root-user. The rights on the directory are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdb78451
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Sendmail - Permission denied

Hi, I'm trying to write a simple mail handler perl script for a website I'm working on. I've managed to installed sendmail yesterday, and I'm currently trying to get the script to work. I'm getting an error however. Here's the block of perl code I'm using: open(MAIL, "| $sendmailpath -t")... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LNC
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail problems

Hi, I have some problems w/ the sendmail. I see that messages are queued in the /var/spool/mqueue and they are never sent to the recipients. This problem just suddenly started without any modifications in the current configuration. I already started and stop the sendmail and it did not help.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ktanya
1 Replies

4. Solaris

cant able to change permission in a DIR as root user

Hi my directory not accepting any commands. its simply telling permission denied. i tried ( cp, mv, rm ) as roor i want to set default permissons to this DIR please find the Logs below. dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1 Jun 1 09:04 AP1_ROP ( original dir) root> chmod 777... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayq8
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to change permission for opt dir in Solaris Zones?

Hi All While configuring zone I run add inherit-pkg-dir I thing this command will inherit opt,etc,lib... directories from global zone to non global zone with read permission................ So this makes problem for me I want to edit one file opt dir which is useful for my project but when I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaysachin
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail problems

Hello, This is my first post, so hello! I'm trying to gather a copy all the mail that goes through my sendmail into a named pipees so I can gather statistics and what not. I believe a copy of all mail is stored in var/spool/mail? I tried to replace the mail directory with a named pipe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dadoprso
5 Replies

7. HP-UX

could not able change permission of /home dir

Hi i am new to this admin area . i have created user with name as "ab" and gave home dir as /home/ab . when i tried to create the /home/ab dir , i got he following error. "mkdir: Failed to make directory "/home/ab"; Operation not applicable " Thanks in advance . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: expert
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allow user without dir write permission to execute a script that creates files

In our project we have several unix scripts that trigger different processes. These scripts write logs to a particular folder 'sesslogs', create output data files in a separate directory called 'datafiles' etc. Usually L1 support team re-run these scripts . We donot want L1 support team to have... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: waavman
14 Replies

9. HP-UX

Sendmail problems

I running sendmail as user smmsp I have create user,group with same name Sendmail start ok,but when i try to send email outside of localhost give me this error Jan 3 20:46:59 hpux2 sm-mta: t03JkwJb020892: t03JkxJb020893: DSN: Insufficient permissionI give those permissions chmod 2755 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies

10. AIX

Assign read write permission to the user for specific dir and it's sub dir and files in AIX

I have searched this quite a long time but couldn't find the right method for me to use. I need to assign read write permission to the user for specific directories and it's sub directories and files. I do not want to use ACL. I do not want to assign user the same group of that directories too.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blinkingdan
0 Replies
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)

NAME
Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail - Log messages with sendmail. SYNOPSIS
use Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail; my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', subject => 'your subject', ); $email->log(message => $message); DESCRIPTION
With this output module it's possible to log messages via "sendmail". METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail object. The following options are possible: from The sender address (From). to The receipient address (To). cc Carbon Copy (Cc). bcc Blind Carbon Copy (Bcc) subject The subject of the mail. sender This option is identical with "sendmail -f". header With this options it's possible to set your own header. my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( from => 'bar@foo.example', to => 'foo@bar.example', header => 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => { From => 'bar@foo.example', To => 'foo@bar.example', Subject => 'my subject', 'Content-Type' => text/plain; charset= UTF-8', } ); Or my $email = Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail->new( header => [ 'From: bar@foo.example', 'To: foo@bar.example', 'Subject: my subject', 'Content-Type: text/plain; charset= UTF-8', ] ); sendmail The default is set to "/usr/sbin/sendmail". params Parameters for "sendmail". The default is set to "-t". maxsize Set the maximum size of the buffer in bytes. All messages will be buffered and if "maxsize" is exceeded the buffer is flushed and the messages will be send as email. The default is set to 1048576 bytes. Set 0 if you want no buffering and send a mail for each log message. debug Set 1 if you want to enable debugging. The messages can be fetched with $SIG{__WARN__}. log() Call "log()" if you want to log a message as email. $email->log(message => "this message will be mailed"); If you pass the level then its placed into the subject: $email->log(message => "foo", level => "INFO"); $email->log(message => "bar", level => "ERROR"); $email->log(message => "baz", level => "DEBUG"); The lowest level is used: Subject: ERROR ... You can pass the level with "Log::Handler" by setting message_pattern => '%L' flush() Call "flush()" if you want to flush the buffered messages. validate() Validate a configuration. reload() Reload with a new configuration. errstr() This function returns the last error message. DESTROY
"DESTROY" is defined and called "flush()". PREREQUISITES
Carp Params::Validate EXPORTS
No exports. REPORT BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. If you send me a mail then add Log::Handler into the subject. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-11-21 Log::Handler::Output::Sendmail(3pm)