Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems setting password.
Operating Systems Solaris Problems setting password. Post 302900818 by kittigolf on Friday 9th of May 2014 12:04:38 AM
Old 05-09-2014
Sun Problems setting password.

Hi All,

I have a problem setting the password when I have to create a user and password as detailed below.
Code:
username : gaacj01  password : oshopp01 
username : gaacj02  password : oshopp02 
username : gaacj03  password : oshopp03 
username : gaacj04  password : oshopp04 
username : gaacj05  password : oshopp05 
username : gaacj06  password : oshopp06

When users have login to the system. He can use the password "oshopp" or "oshoppXX" login to the system. I can not find the problem with the system.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 05-16-2014 at 02:19 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in setting up password without Interaction.

Can anybody tell me how can I create an account without having to enter the password after editing the vipw file. I mean the system should automatically take care of the password encryption in the shadow file and I don't to enter the password again and the Account should be ready to go. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syedifti
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help, color setting problems

I am one of the newbies. I am trying to install RedHat Enterprise AS on my notebook (i know it is not a good start to go with it, but it is the only dvd i have) on Windows XP by using the Virtual PC 2007. The installation processes were very fine. However, i have problem when it boot up to its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting password for user using useradd?

hi all i am writing a script to create user and group from the input given to script for eg. script needs to values 1. mode - 1 or 2 2. id - if mode is 1 then id should be 2 char like x1 / v1 / v2 if mode is 2 then id should be 1 char like x / v / e from these to values group is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Password Setting

Hi: Could I set the: - Login Time-out Interval - Password History Count - Lockout Duration - Lockout Threshold for user account in Sun Solaris 5.8. Thanks for your help (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlsun
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

setting password in ldap

Hi, I have installed open ldap according to the order from this video: YouTube - bowendenning's Channel sudo apt-get install slapd sudo apt-get install ldap-utils sudo apt-get install phpldapadmin The installaion was good. However it did NOT ask from me any password. After I enter to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

6. AIX

Setting up Password Security in AIX 5.3

In AIX 5.3 tech level 11: I want to setup a default password policy to have at least one of each of the following: alpha character, numeric character, and "special" character ("!", "&", etc). The smitty Security and Users --> Passwords --> System Password Policy screen only offers "MIN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kikwit_phil
2 Replies

7. Solaris

default password setting

Can anyone kindly explain to me the meaning of the default values of the code below please? Thank you very much #MINDIFF=3 #MINALPHA=2 #MINNONALPHA=1 #MINUPPER=0 #MINLOWER=0 #MAXREPEATS=0 #MINSPECIAL=0 #MINDIGIT=0 #WHITESPACE=YES (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

8. AIX

Problems setting up multipathing

What is the following output telling me? fget_config -Av ---dar0--- User array name = 'BSNorth-DS4300' dac3 ACTIVE dacNONE ACTIVE Disk DAC LUN Logical Drive hdisk4 dac3 0 TestDiskForAll ---dar1--- User array name = 'BSNorth-DS4300' dac2 ACTIVE dacNONE ACTIVE Disk DAC ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
0 Replies

9. SuSE

Setting password complexity

Hi, I am setting password complexity in SLES 11. I am able to do most of things pam-config -d --pwcheck pam-config -a --cracklib pam-config -a --cracklib-minlen=8 pam-config -a --cracklib-dcredit=-1 pam-config -a --cracklib-ocredit=-1 pam-config -a --pwhistory pam-config -a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Password compliance setting

I need to set password compliance for some servers in my company. However, the requirements are that we need to set different password policies for 3 different user groups within the company. These are : System Users: i.e root, etc Batch/Application Users: oracle, bscs, etc Standard User:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies
lpasswd(8)						      System Manager's Manual							lpasswd(8)

NAME
lpasswd - Change group or user password SYNOPSIS
lpasswd [OPTION]... [name] DESCRIPTION
Changes password of user or group name. If the name argument is not provided, username of the invoking user is used; the name argument is ignored if lpasswd is run set-uid to a different user. Entering an empty password (by pressing Enter) aborts the password setting operation. OPTIONS
-F, --plainpassword-fd=fd Read password from file descriptor fd, terminated by end of file, ' ' or ' '. -f, --password-fd=fd Read password hash from file descriptor fd, terminated by end of file, ' ' or ' '. -g, --group Change password of group name. By default the password of user name is changed. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -P, --plainpassword=password Set the password to password. Note that the password can be viewed while running lpasswd using tools such as ps(1). -p, --password=encrypted Set the password to the password represented by the hash encrypted. Note that the hash can be viewed while running lpasswd using tools such as ps(1). EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. libuser Jan 12 2005 lpasswd(8)