Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX Script required for count the records in table Post 302900779 by victory on Thursday 8th of May 2014 03:37:00 PM
Old 05-08-2014
I have written below script plz check it and correct it if any.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
count=`sqlplus $username/$password@$tnsname << EOF
select count(*) from table;
exit;
EOF`
if [ $count = 0 ]
then 
exit 1
fi
mailx -s " record count " abc@xyz.com < $count
exit 0

Last edited by Don Cragun; 05-08-2014 at 04:51 PM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count No of Records in File without counting Header and Trailer Records

I have a flat file and need to count no of records in the file less the header and the trailer record. I would appreciate any and all asistance Thanks Hadi Lalani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guiguy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix script for update or insert records from a file to a oracle table

Hi, I have delimited file(|). Sample data: 1|name|50009|DS24|0|12 2|name|30009|DS24|0|13 3|name|20409|DS24|0|14 4|name|20009|DS24|0|15 5|name|10009|DS24|0|16 I want to load this data into a oracle table (update and insert) Please help me the commands and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unihp1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time (Go to sleep mode) and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the record count in table (table in oracle)

I have requirement: 1) Check the record count in table (table in oracle) 2) If records exists generate the file for existing records and wait for some time then Go to sleep mode and Again check the record count after 10 min.......... (Loop this process if record count >0). 3) Generate touch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamineni
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

count and compare no of records in bash shell script.

consider this as a csv file. H,0002,0002,20100218,17.25,P,barani D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 D,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11 T,5 N i want to read the csv file and count the number of rows that start with D and... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to count particular type of records

Hi, I have a huge file containing thousands of records which are of following pattern: TYPE1 { originNodeType : "IVR" originHostName : "AAIVR" originTransactionID : "01310559" originTimeStamp : "20110620192440+0530" hostName : "hhhh" voucher : '0'D rProfileID : "ZZZZ" Before {... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhukar1anand
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to count the dataflow in a table in oracle database

I need to write a unix shell script to connect to oracle database and retrieve data from a table, the script should count the total number of rows till date in that table number of rows which are getting filled per hour on current day and the peak hour of the current day number of rows which are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhAnT0M
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Intelligent Script to Insert Records in Database Table

Hello All Members, I am new to this forum and to the shell scripting. I want to write a shell script to do the following: Scenario: I have a pipe delimited .txt file with multiple fields in it. The very first row of the file contains the name of the column which resembles the name of the... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetanojha
18 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Needed: UNIX shell variables to store Oracle table records

Hello Folks, I'm working on a requirement to automate the process of generating report(csv file) using metadata info stored in an Oracle table and E-mail it to respective people. Meta data table: Report_ID,Report_SUB_ID,Report_DB,Report_SQL,Report_to_email_Id 1,1,DEV,'select * From... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_reddy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Script to take file count and insert into DB2 table

Team I have files in different directories . How can i take the count of latest file and insert into Db2 table . I am using awk 'END{print NR+1-ARGC}' (File name) to get the counts. How can i take 1.The count of latest file 2.Insert into Db2 table( File Name and Counts) . cd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies
GETMXRR(3)								 1								GETMXRR(3)

getmxrr - Get MX records corresponding to a given Internet host name

SYNOPSIS
bool getmxrr (string $hostname, array &$mxhosts, [array &$weight]) DESCRIPTION
Searches DNS for MX records corresponding to $hostname. PARAMETERS
o $hostname - The Internet host name. o $mxhosts - A list of the MX records found is placed into the array $mxhosts. o $weight - If the $weight array is given, it will be filled with the weight information gathered. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if any records are found; returns FALSE if no records were found or if an error occurred. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on Windows plat- | | | forms. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ NOTES
Note This function should not be used for the purposes of address verification. Only the mailexchangers found in DNS are returned, how- ever, according to RFC 2821 when no mail exchangers are listed, $hostname itself should be used as the only mail exchanger with a priority of 0. Note For compatibility with Windows before this was implemented, then try the PEAR class Net_DNS. SEE ALSO
checkdnsrr(3), dns_get_record(3), gethostbyname(3), gethostbynamel(3), gethostbyaddr(3), the named(8) manual page. PHP Documentation Group GETMXRR(3)