Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX No VGA card and I need to know server IP Post 302900750 by techy1 on Thursday 8th of May 2014 01:05:13 PM
Old 05-08-2014
Just out of curiosity do you have a hmc available?

---------- Post updated at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:04 PM ----------

Oh sorry didnt notice bakunin mentioned it above.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X Server on AIX w/o video card

Hi there, I'm a newbie so please be patient. I wanted to know if it was possible to run X server on a box w/o a video card. The reason I want to do this is I'd like to have a CDE session from sun workstation into the AIX box. Please let me know if this is feasible. Thanks for your time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blah00000
5 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Vga Installation

what is the procedure of installing a vga on the unix desktop? i have a dell machine optiplex gx 520 and it doesnt pick the vga i tryed other vga s but graphics are so poor? pls help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linus Aloo
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Ultra1 server. installing solaris without a graphic card?

i just got a sun ultra 1 from a guy. (for free) but it has no graphic card. how do install solaris 8 ? and how do i controll it afterwards ? ssh ? thanks Mads Nielsen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sparcstation 5 graphics card in Ultra 1 server

is it possible to swap the Turbo XGX graphics card in the SS5 to the ULTRA server 1 ? and do they use the same type of RAM ? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How do I find what kind of NIC card the server has?

All, I see that there are 2 nic card available . How can I know all the details about these 2 nic cards. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10 Apr 16 15:00 hostname.bge0 -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 17 Apr 22 08:56 hostname.bge2 please let me know thanks -prasad (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: p4cldba
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

linux server with raid controller card

I am planning on building a fedora box with raid controller (database server). Is anybody done that ? also what kind of software do you need to backup and recover data. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amir07
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

X server on HP-UX without graphics card

Hi Gurus, I'm trying to install Oracle on HP-UX 11.23. The Oracle installer needs an X server running on the box. You then start an X client on your PC, export the DISPLAY on UNIX and the installer displays on your PC. The problem is that my HP boxes do not have graphics cards installed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kskywr
6 Replies

8. Programming

vga assembly question

Im trying to make a vga program for linux Im wondering if anyone knows of a simple document on the subject or if someone could show me some basics. What system calls should I use what parameters should I give them. How do I draw a line of pixels green after in vga mode. I prefer nasm but I can use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
2 Replies

9. Linux

Vga passtrough with only one monitor,is possible?

I have one monitor,two vga cards,one is nvidia(host) the other ati rs450(guest),I use this script for use a vm windows with a native gpu(the ati rs450) I see this video and seems to be possible using only one monitor,but I don't understand how to do The video QEMU VGA passthrough without a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)