Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mount issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Mount issue Post 302900744 by Sunil Koya on Thursday 8th of May 2014 12:38:19 PM
Old 05-08-2014
Mount issue

Hi There,

I have following issue:

Code:
[root@ehlappsc02t01 fd]# df -k
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/hda1             30470144   4200476  24696908  15% /
/dev/hda6            223461396  82243140 129683992  39% /apps
/dev/hda5             10153988    155100   9474772   2% /tmp
/dev/hda3             20315844    937148  18330056   5% /var
tmpfs                  8319284         0   8319284   0% /dev/shm
ehlerpdbt01.ehl.pri:/apps/APPLPTMP
                     191839360  92925568  89011744  52% /oracle/ELTEST/APPLPTMP
[root@ehlappsc02t01 fd]# /bin/mount -t cifs //ammnffp01.ehl.pri/Departments /Q -o rw,user=svc.amgln.fpunix,password='<5&+uVX>+Nm.7j'
mount error: mount point /Q does not exist

++I cannot mount the file system. The above command creates /Q mount point and it's very strange that it says /Q doesn't exist. Please help.

Regards,
Sunil.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

home dir mount issue

Hi all, I have to mount my home directory in one box, by default everyone's home directory will mount in all unix boxes which we have. But we have unmounted these home directories from some boxes to keep the data as safe. So for automation purpose i need my home directory only in those boxes to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu.iv85
2 Replies

2. Solaris

USB Mount issue in Solaris 10

Hi All, :confused: I had an issue with the USB in Solaris 10 Ultra SParc machine. I am able to mount the USB in my machine using the mount command. # mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s0:c /mnt The problem is when i copy a file from my local hard disk to the USB using the " cp -p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spavindla
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

NFS-Mount issue

Hi, While i try to mount the NFS file system on the client linux server i am getting the error message as (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX Mount Issue

Hi, Not entirely sure if this is the right thread. Essentially, fdisk -l shows that /dev/sda is a drive (750 GB), with 1 partition at /dev/sda1 with system type "Linux". I'm pretty nooby at working with drives, but I'm pretty sure that the output of: mount /dev/sda1 /media/int Should not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FreddoT
4 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mount issue

Hi, I was running short of space on /tmp which was mounted on /. Now I tried to move /tmp to another device unfortunately everything in that particular folder got copied in /tmp so I reverted back by mounting it to /. But now it has started pointing to all folders with /. How do I get out of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS mount issue

Hi Friends, My source server is HP and my destination is linux. I have to mount a dir thru nfs from source to destn. almost 8 servers i did the same thing and it is working fine but on the 9th server i can't able to mount. Everything i have did for nfs configuration.Even i can able to ping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount issue

I format a usb key: mkfs -t ext4 /dev/sdf1 mkfs -t ext4 /dev/sdf2 (also tried mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdfx and mke2fs -t ext4 /dev/sdfx) and have the following: # fdisk -l Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sdf1 * 64 6097695 3048816 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arpagon
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/fstab mount issue

I have a virtual machine with Redhat installed . I am trying to link CD/DVD Drive 1 to /media/cdrom1 and CD/DVD Drive 0 to /media/cdrom0 I tried making these changed in /etc/fstab by adding the below line to it /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterthered
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS mount issue

we are facing a weird NFS mount issue on one of the linux host , a NFS volume of 2.4TB is mounted in the linux host , but df only reports 131g , which exactly matches rootfilesytem size nfs mount filer_filer1:/vol/bug_test/q0 131G 116G 8.5G 94% /nas/bug_test root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Mount issue please help

Hi all I have a mount issue, that is as follows: somebody as mount a certain file system /sim5 on /, so when I do df -h /sim5it returns Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 9.6G 7.0G 2.6G 74% /, which is the same as df -h /... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
25 Replies
PIVOT_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						     PIVOT_ROOT(8)

NAME
pivot_root - change the root filesystem SYNOPSIS
pivot_root new_root put_old DESCRIPTION
pivot_root moves the root file system of the current process to the directory put_old and makes new_root the new root file system. Since pivot_root(8) simply calls pivot_root(2), we refer to the man page of the latter for further details. Note that, depending on the implementation of pivot_root, root and cwd of the caller may or may not change. The following is a sequence for invoking pivot_root that works in either case, assuming that pivot_root and chroot are in the current PATH: cd new_root pivot_root . put_old exec chroot . command Note that chroot must be available under the old root and under the new root, because pivot_root may or may not have implicitly changed the root directory of the shell. Note that exec chroot changes the running executable, which is necessary if the old root directory should be unmounted afterwards. Also note that standard input, output, and error may still point to a device on the old root file system, keeping it busy. They can easily be changed when invoking chroot (see below; note the absence of leading slashes to make it work whether pivot_root has changed the shell's root or not). OPTIONS
-V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
Change the root file system to /dev/hda1 from an interactive shell: mount /dev/hda1 /new-root cd /new-root pivot_root . old-root exec chroot . sh <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1 umount /old-root Mount the new root file system over NFS from 10.0.0.1:/my_root and run init: ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up # for portmap # configure Ethernet or such portmap # for lockd (implicitly started by mount) mount -o ro 10.0.0.1:/my_root /mnt killall portmap # portmap keeps old root busy cd /mnt pivot_root . old_root exec chroot . sh -c 'umount /old_root; exec /sbin/init' <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1 SEE ALSO
chroot(1), pivot_root(2), mount(8), switch_root(8), umount(8) AVAILABILITY
The pivot_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux August 2011 PIVOT_ROOT(8)