Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions How to automatically set the DISPLAY var? Post 302900704 by rbatte1 on Thursday 8th of May 2014 10:09:18 AM
Old 05-08-2014
I would suggest something like this in your .profile (or whatever):-
Code:
export DISPLAY="${SSH_CLIENT%% *}:$n.$m"

.... where you can set $n and $m to whatever you like.

Does that get you anywhere?

Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set display

Hi All: An elementary Unix Question, How can i set the display number and run a program in that display. If i type the name of the executable the program opens in the console(display number 0), however, i want it to open in another display number. How can i do that. Appreciate the help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetham
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between "set $<var>" and "set -- $<var>"

Hi pros, Could anyone tell me the actual difference between setting the positional parameters from the variable using the following commands? $ var="This is my question" $ set $var $ echo $1 --> 'This' $ echo $2 --> 'is' .... .... and $ var="This is my question" $ set --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set delete Key to erase automatically

We need to su to root in 1000 systems, so it is almost impossible to add "stty erase ^H" to every .profile on these systems. Is there any way to set delete key to erase automatically after running "su -"? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set ACL automatically for new folder/objects

Hi, In our bank production environment - IBM AIX 5.3, we have a particular parent folder inside which an application creates temporary folders & files. These temp folders exist for the lifetime of the user session within the application and then get deleted automatically. Since these temp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepaksinbox
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign var with set=a[5] not working

Hi Experts, I'm having issue in assigning var with special character , please see below for complete details. $ echo $SHELL /bin/csh $ cat bp abd/asd/a $ awk -F "/" '{print $NF}' bp | awk '{print $1}' a $ set a=`awk -F "/" '{print $NF}' bp | awk '{print $1}'` $ echo $a ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
15 Replies

6. Solaris

Set display to text

How do I set up my solaris 10 machine to display in text mode instead of graphics mode, permanently? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script for automatically cleaning up /var/spool/cups directory

Hi Friends, Actually in an linux server , there was printer jobs files occupying more space in /var/spool/cups so i want a script for deleting the files once in two week since i need the latest two weeks files. Thanks in advance..Waiting for the script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh , how to set var value into new var, in short string concatenation

i try to find way to make string concatenation in csh ( sorry this is what i have ) so i found out i can't do : set string_buff = "" foreach line("`cat $source_dir/$f`") $string_buff = string_buff $line end how can i do string concatenation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

9. Solaris

DISPLAY not set

Hi, When i invoke DBCA as oracle user , i get following usircd01:KAM:/opt/oracle10/product/10.2.0/bin>./dbca DISPLAY not set. Set DISPLAY environment variable, then re-run. usircd01:KAM:/opt/oracle10/product/10.2.0/bin>echo $ORACLE_SID CCE ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)