Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell scripting for file manupilations Post 302900684 by RudiC on Thursday 8th of May 2014 06:57:24 AM
Old 05-08-2014
This will work - to a certain degree - for exactly the input file you have given, and it will need adaption/correction were it to be applied to other files or structures:
Code:
awk     '/location/     {$2="Bangalore"}
         /travelID/     {TID=$2; sub(";", "", TID)}
         /^[0-9]+/      {H1=TID"_coord ";H2=TID"_ID "}
         /^\) *$/       {L=0; $0=$0 ";";FS=" "}
                        {print H1(L?$1")":$0) >"file1"
                         print H2(L?$2:$0) >"file2"   
                         H1=H2=""}
         /^\( *$/       {L=1; FS="\) "}
        ' OFS="\t" file

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file activity (open/closed) file descriptor info using KORN shell scripting

I am trying to find a way to check the current status of a file. Such as some cron job processes are dependent on the completion of others. if a file is currently being accessed / modified or simply open state I will wait until it is done being processed before attempting the next process on that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Dunn
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting.

please give the difference between AIX shell scripting and Unix shell scripting. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haroonec
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

.def file in HP-UX Shell scripting

Hi Pals, I need some information related .def file in HP-Ux shell scripting. What actaully a .def file contains. It is having all definitions of some functions. But what is the relationship between a .def file and shell script. Can anyone give some examples. Thanks in Advance. Best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manu.vmr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file permissions using shell scripting

Hi I am trying to use shell script to display file permissions, and I can do it fine for the current user logged in, but now I want to view all file permissions for the Owner of the file, Group users and everyone, so it will look something like this: -----------------READ WRITE EXECUTE OWNER... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: barbus
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create file from shell scripting

Hi, I want to create a file from a shell script. the data for the file will come from variables. that is the file format is like, var1-value var2_value ... that is, var1_value should be placed in first 10 spaces and var2_value should be placed in next 8 columns like that. is there... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file operations in shell scripting

hi All, my query... 1.I Have to search for the files in the root directory. 2.i have to search for a pattern in all the files in the root directory and then replace them with a new pattern. 3.Rename the file Explanation: if ABC is the root folder and has 3 subfolders and there are 15... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamahi
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting - need to arrange the columns from multiple file into a single file

Hi friends please help me on below, i have 5 files like below file1 is x 10 y 20 z 15 file2 is x 100 z 245 file3 is y 78 z 23 file4 is x 100 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the First and Last name from a file using shell scripting

I am new to shell scripting and doing a similar thing @ work Stan:Smith:Detroit:MI Jim:Jones:Farmington Hills:MI Jack:Frost:Denver:CO Sue:Apple:New York:NY Cindy:Thompson:Battle Creek:MI John:Smith:Denver:CO George:Jones:New York:NY Need to create a shell script This script will display... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jakemathew
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to read lines in a text file and filter user data Shell Programming and Scripting

sxsaaas (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: VikrantD
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies
NOTIFY(3PVM)							  PVM Version 3.4						      NOTIFY(3PVM)

NAME
pvm_notify - Request notification of PVM event such as host failure. SYNOPSIS
C int info = pvm_notify( int what, int msgtag, int cnt, int *tids ) Fortran call pvmfnotify( what, msgtag, cnt, tids, info ) PARAMETERS
what Type of event to trigger the notification. Presently one of: Value Meaning PvmTaskExit Task exits or is killed PvmHostDelete Host is deleted or crashes PvmHostAdd New host is added msgtag Message tag to be used in notification. cnt For PvmTaskExit and PvmHostDelete, specifies the length of the tids array. For PvmHostAdd, specifies the number of times to notify. tids For PvmTaskExit and PvmHostDelete, an array of length cnt of task or pvmd TIDs to be notified about. The array is not used with the PvmHostAdd option. info Integer status code returned by the routine. Values less than zero indicate an error. DESCRIPTION
The routine pvm_notify requests PVM to notify the caller on detecting certain events. One or more notify messages (see below) are sent by PVM back to the calling task. The messages have tag msgtag supplied to notify. The notification messages have the following format: PvmTaskExit One notify message for each TID requested. The message body contains a single TID of exited task. PvmHostDelete One notify message for each TID requested. The message body contains a single pvmd-TID of exited pvmd. PvmHostAdd cnt notify messages are sent, one each time the local pvmd's host table is updated. The message body contains an integer length followed by a list of pvmd-TIDs of new pvmds. The counter of PvmHostAdd messages yet to be sent is replaced by successive calls to pvm_notify. Specifying a cnt of -1 turns on PvmHostAdd messages until a future notify; a count of zero disables them. TIDs in the notify messages are packed as integers. The calling task is responsible for receiving messages with the specified tag and taking appropriate action. Future versions of PVM may expand the list of available notification events. EXAMPLES
C: info = pvm_notify( PvmTaskExit, 9999, ntask, tids ); Fortran: CALL PVMFNOTIFY( PVMHOSTDELETE, 1111, NUMHOSTS, DTIDS, INFO ) To "cancel" a notify request in PVM, the pvm_notify routine can be re-invoked with an additional PvmNotifyCancel flag in the what argument. The remaining arguments to this cancelling invocation must match the original invocation exactly, aside from the additional PvmNotifyCancel which can be added(+) or OR-ed(|) to the what argument: pvm_notify( PvmTaskExit, 9999, ntask, tids ); . . . pvm_notify( PvmTaskExit | PvmNotifyCancel, 9999, ntask, tids ); Note that when a notify is cancelled, the notify message is delivered, as if the given event (i.e. task exit, host add or delete) had occurred. ERRORS
PvmSysErr pvmd not responding. PvmBadParam giving an invalid argument value. SEE ALSO
pvm_tasks(3PVM), pvm_config(3PVM) 31 January, 1994 NOTIFY(3PVM)