Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell operations from C++
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell operations from C++ Post 302900669 by rbatte1 on Thursday 8th of May 2014 05:31:24 AM
Old 05-08-2014
Probably better to have it as an environmental variable then, or passed in as a parameter so you keep your code flexible and don't have to keep editing it. With change comes risk.

Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File operations

Hi I have a tab delimited file with 3 fields. I need to sort this file on the first field and remove all the records where the first field has dulplicates. For eg my file is 133|arrfdfdg|sdfdsg 234|asfsdgfs|aasdfs 133|affbfsde|dgfg When this file gets sorted I need the result to be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: monks
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix file operations(shell script)

Hi, I want to compare two files. Files will look like as follows: file1: ASDFGHJU|1234567890123456 QWERTYUI|3456789098900890 file2: ZXCVBVNM|0987654321234567 POLKIJUYH|1234789060985478 output file should be: ASDFGHJU|1234567890123456 QWERTYUI|3456789098900890 Thnaks in advance (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivas
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file operations in shell scripting

hi All, my query... 1.I Have to search for the files in the root directory. 2.i have to search for a pattern in all the files in the root directory and then replace them with a new pattern. 3.Rename the file Explanation: if ABC is the root folder and has 3 subfolders and there are 15... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamahi
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script (string operations)

Hey everyone. So the background of the problem is that the ps3 does not support the mkv container, but DOES support the avi one. Here is the script to convert one file with the name hardcoded in: #!/bin/sh mencoder -oac... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wua05
2 Replies

5. Programming

shell scripting problems involving operations with remote machine

Hi, i have been developing a shell script to transfer a set of files from one ubuntu system to another. Task: while executing the script the files ( ls, dir, cat) in the source machine should transfer to destination machine(at /home/mac/mac/bin) While the script is executed once again, It... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
0 Replies

6. Programming

shell cursor operations

Hi I need to save the actual cursor position into variable in my script. How can I do it ? thx for help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: presul
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell arithmetic : operations on decimal points

i am having a varialbe a , which is input to my file i want to multiply this input with value .43, and assign it to variable b. i tried it as below: #!/bin/sh a=$1 b=`expr $1\*0.43` echo b=$b error : expr: non-integer argument Please tell me , how to do this. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishifrnds
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To skip operations in UNIX shell

hi i am having a acript for which i need to skip the execution of some lines and to continue with remaining lines for eg script.sh rm text for i in * do . . . . . if then rm i want to skip the execution of the lines and to start with (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Operations

Hi Folks, Below is example of an Input data which is used, based on the last 2, 3 & 4 column, I want my first column data to be collated as shown in the output section. a,ac,tc,ic b,ac,tc,ic c,ac,tc,ic d,ac,tc,ic b,bc,tc,ic d,bc,tc,ic e,bc,tc,ic I want my output to be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
2 Replies
PadWalker(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      PadWalker(3)

NAME
PadWalker - play with other peoples' lexical variables SYNOPSIS
use PadWalker qw(peek_my peek_our peek_sub closed_over); ... DESCRIPTION
PadWalker is a module which allows you to inspect (and even change!) lexical variables in any subroutine which called you. It will only show those variables which are in scope at the point of the call. PadWalker is particularly useful for debugging. It's even used by Perl's built-in debugger. (It can also be used for evil, of course.) I wouldn't recommend using PadWalker directly in production code, but it's your call. Some of the modules that use PadWalker internally are certainly safe for and useful in production. peek_my LEVEL peek_our LEVEL The LEVEL argument is interpreted just like the argument to "caller". So peek_my(0) returns a reference to a hash of all the "my" variables that are currently in scope; peek_my(1) returns a reference to a hash of all the "my" variables that are in scope at the point where the current sub was called, and so on. "peek_our" works in the same way, except that it lists the "our" variables rather than the "my" variables. The hash associates each variable name with a reference to its value. The variable names include the sigil, so the variable $x is represented by the string '$x'. For example: my $x = 12; my $h = peek_my (0); ${$h->{'$x'}}++; print $x; # prints 13 Or a more complex example: sub increment_my_x { my $h = peek_my (1); ${$h->{'$x'}}++; } my $x=5; increment_my_x; print $x; # prints 6 peek_sub SUB The "peek_sub" routine takes a coderef as its argument, and returns a hash of the "my" variables used in that sub. The values will usually be undefined unless the sub is in use (i.e. in the call-chain) at the time. On the other hand: my $x = "Hello!"; my $r = peek_sub(sub {$x})->{'$x'}; print "$$r "; # prints 'Hello!' If the sub defines several "my" variables with the same name, you'll get the last one. I don't know of any use for "peek_sub" that isn't broken as a result of this, and it will probably be deprecated in a future version in favour of some alternative interface. closed_over SUB "closed_over" is similar to "peek_sub", except that it only lists the "my" variables which are used in the subroutine but defined outside: in other words, the variables which it closes over. This does have reasonable uses: see Data::Dump::Streamer, for example (a future version of which may in fact use "closed_over"). set_closed_over SUB, HASH_REF "set_closed_over" reassigns the pad variables that are closed over by the subroutine. The second argument is a hash of references, much like the one returned from "closed_over". var_name LEVEL, VAR_REF var_name SUB, VAR_REF "var_name(sub, var_ref)" returns the name of the variable referred to by "var_ref", provided it is a "my" variable used in the sub. The "sub" parameter can be either a CODE reference or a number. If it's a number, it's treated the same way as the argument to "peek_my". For example, my $foo; print var_name(0, $foo); # prints '$foo' sub my_name { return var_name(1, shift); } print my_name($foo); # ditto AUTHOR
Robin Houston <robin@cpan.org> With contributions from Richard Soberberg, Jesse Luehrs and Yuval Kogman, bug-spotting from Peter Scott, Dave Mitchell and Goro Fuji, and suggestions from demerphq. SEE ALSO
Devel::LexAlias, Devel::Caller, Sub::Parameters COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2000-2009, Robin Houston. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software. It may be used, redistributed and/or modified under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-08-24 PadWalker(3)