Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sending attachment using sendmail command Post 302900632 by Alok K Yadav on Thursday 8th of May 2014 01:35:37 AM
Old 05-08-2014
Sending attachment using sendmail command

Code:
Send_Mail()
{
C_Date=`date +"%m/%d/%Y"` 
#Subject="MMDB Load Job Status"
for i in `cat $Metafile`
do
  if [ `echo $i | cut -d":" -f1` == 'Email' ]
  then 
    email_address=`echo $i | cut -d":" -f2`
    /usr/lib/sendmail "$email_address" < $Email_File
  fi
done
}

this is the send mail command i am using .please let me know how to attach a excel sheet using the sendmail command .
As i am unavble to do it and had tried all the possible options that i can get by googling

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks

Last edited by Franklin52; 05-08-2014 at 02:59 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with mailx command when sending attachment.

Hi, I have tried to sent a mail with body and attachment. But the shell script got hanging while executing that command. The command is "(cat body;uuencode att1.csv)|mailx -s "Production Monitoring Report(Unix Side)" milton.yesusundaram@patni.com" where body is a file having a single line.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: miltony
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attaching file and sending text in body using sendmail command!!

Hello, I need to send with text in the body and 2 files as attachments using sendmail command. i can send only one at a time either attachment or text in body of email. Can any one please help me how to get that? I will be great for any help. Thanks, Sparan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparan_peddu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending an attachment through email

As a part of requirement I need to send out mails with attachment from UNIX. I have to take query the Oracle DB and send the result of the query in an attachment through mail. I use the following script for the same. #!/bin/csh #!/bin/bash #!/bin/ksh ATTFILE=/folder1/test.xls cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sgiri1
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Email with Attachment

Hi, I want to send an email with multiple attachment using uuencode and mail command. I am able to send with one attachment Ex:uuencode abc.txt abc.txt | mail test@test.com -s "Test3" Can anyone reply with syntax. Regards BS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail with attachment command line ?

hi.. Could somebody guide me how to send mail with attachment using sendmail command in unix ? Thank you, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sending inline html with an attachment using sendmail

MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary=border --border Content-Type: text/html Content-Disposition: inline <html><body><h2>This text should be displayed with html formatting</h2></body></html> --border Content-Type: text/plain Content-Disposition: attachment This text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send attachment using "sendmail" command or without uuencode command

Hi Guys, I dont have uuencode, mutt, base64 command available on my aix machine there is any alternative way to send file as attachement in mail. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ns64110
3 Replies

8. AIX

How to send attachment using "sendmail" command or without uuencode command

Hi Guys, I dont have uuencode, mutt, base64 command available on my aix machine there is any alternative way to send file as attachement in mail. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ns64110
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail in UNIX with body and attachment(.txt) using sendmail command

Hi All, In my .ksh script, I am sending an email with body and attachment (.txt) using sendmail command. I am able to receive the attachement along with the body of the mail. But I am getting special characters along with the content in the .txt. Also the alignment is incorrect. Can you please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KRR
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail with attachment(image) using sendmail in Linux(ksh)

Hi guys, I am trying to send a mail with below command which is working fine. $FilePath_mail have To,From and other information along with mail body which is in HTML format. I want to have image(logo) in the body. So just wanted to send it as an an attachment. /usr/sbin/sendmail -t <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balakrishnaps
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)