Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Oracle database recovery
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Oracle database recovery Post 302900339 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 6th of May 2014 09:42:48 AM
Old 05-06-2014
Assuming that all the data files of the database are on the ufsbackup tape, then you should be able to restore on a replacement server. Are you doing this in preference to export/import of the data?

You might need to get the files in exactly the same location on the target server so that the devices that Oracle is expecting all exist as the correct names - apologies if this is stating the obvious. You would also need to consider files that oracle uses that are not the data files, e.g. the parameter file, /etc/oratab, any startup scripts etc.

Personally, I would favour building the new server with an up-to-date oracle install and export/import. If space to export to is a problem, then this can be done across the network and imported at the same time to the target.

Regards,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Can't create database after Oracle Database installation

I installed Oracle 10 software on Solaris 11 Express, everything was fine execpt I can't create database using dbca.rsp file. I populated file with following options. OPERATION_TYPE = "createDatabase" GDBNAME = "solaris_user.domain.com" SID = "solaris_user" TEMPLATENAME = "General... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Connecting to Oracle database

Hi guys, long time no typing :D I have problems when I try to connect to Oracle database from SQL Developer which is located on my Windows box. Server is running Solaris 11/11 and Oracle 11 enterprise. I can log in locally with sys account to database, start it up and shut it down but when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
2 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Identify a specific environment Oracle variable to connect a remote Oracle database ?

Good evening I nned your help pls, In an unix server i want to connect to a remote oracle databse server by sqlplus. I tried to find out the user/passwd and service name by env variable and all Ive got is this: ORACLE_SID_REPCOL=SCL_REPCOL ORACLE_SID=xmeta ORACLE_SID_TOL=SCL_PROTOLCOL... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies
tmserver(1)						      Translate Toolkit 1.3.0						       tmserver(1)

NAME
tmserver - a Translation Memory server, SYNOPSIS
tmserver --bind=HOSTNAME --port=PORT [--tmdb=TMDBFILE] [--import-translation-file=TMFILE [--import-source-lang=SOURCE_LANG] [--import-tar- get-lang=TARGET_LANG]] Where TMDBFILE is the sqlite database file containing tmdb translation memory data, if not specified a new temporary database is created, and TMFILE is a translation file (po, xliff, etc.) that should be imported into the database (mostly useful when no tmdb file is speci- fied). DESCRIPTION
tmserver is a Translation Memory service that can be queried via HTTP using a simple REST like URL/http and data is exchanged between server and client encoded in JSON. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -d TMDBFILE, --tmdb=TMDBFILE translation memory database -f TMFILES, --import-translation-file=TMFILE translation file to import into the database -t TARGET_LANG, --import-target-lang=TARGET_LANG target language of translation files -s SOURCE_LANG, --import-source-lang=SOURCE_LANG source language of translation files -b BIND, --bind=HOSTNAME address to bind server to -p PORT, --port=PORT port to listen on EXAMPLE
The easiest way to run the server for testing is to pass it a large translation file (maybe generated by pocompendium) to create a tmdb database on the fly. tmserver -b localhost -p 8080 -f compendium.po -s en_US -t ar The server can be queried using a webbrowser. The url would be http://HOST:PORT/tmserver/SOURCE_LANG/TARGET_LANG/unit/STRING So to see suggestions for "open file" try the url http://localhost:8080/tmserver/en_US/ar/unit/open+file Translate Toolkit 1.3.0 tmserver(1)