Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search for a Keyword in file and replace another keyword or add at the end of line Post 302900174 by clx on Monday 5th of May 2014 09:28:13 AM
Old 05-05-2014
shell and awk variable are altogether different. try something like

Code:
awk -v pattern=$key1 '$0 ~ pattern {if($0 ~ /COMPRES/ ..........

Here, pattern is an awk variable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search a keyword within a file using a for loop

hi guys i have a problem here, im trying to stablish a relationship between a text file and an input user for example the script is going to prompt the user for some football team and what the script is going to do is return the colums in which that input is located so far this is what i have ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucho_1
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to search reports with specified keyword in log

Hi, I have a question with sed/awk. When I handle some log files I want to search all reports with specified keyword. For example, in the log below. abcd efg ===start abc e ===end xyz ===start af f ===end nf ga ===start ab ===end (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielnpu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple search keyword in grep

Dear All, I have a file containing info like TID:0903 asdfasldjflsdjf TID:0945 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:1945 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh I need to show only lines containing TID:0903 asdfasldjflsdjf TID:0945 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh TID:2045 hjhjhkhkhkh ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saifurshaon
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace only if the keyword is the first word in every line

How do I replace only if the keyword is at the begining of a line? Code: -- a = “This is a print statement” print a -- What if I want to replace print by #print only in the second line i.e only if the line starts with that keyword. Please help me out. I'm new to SED. -----Post... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexzubin
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for keyword in subsequent lines and delete the second line

I have my data something like this I need to search for the keyword yyyy in the susequent lines and if it is present, delete the second line with keyword. In other words, if a keywords is found in two subsequent lines delete the second line. input data: aaaa bbbbb cccc dddd xxxx... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find keyword from file and search in another file

hi dudes; this is my file.txt:20101228-180436_Down a 1 b 2 ... 20101228-190436_Rollback a 1 40 e 3 20 ... 20101228-180436_Down c 2 f 2 c 1 ... and i have a down.txt:a 1 aa 2 30 bb 1 40 b 2 ab 3 10 c 3 cd 4 50 ac 2 20 c 3 ad 1 0 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i use sed to replace a keyword in an xml file?

Hello Unix gurus! I'm a unix newbie. Can I use sed to replace a keyword in an xml file and convert this keyword with an output of a unix cat command? for example: <test>keyword</test> and temp.txt = hello! I would like to replace "keyword" with the output of "cat temp.txt". I think... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Keyword search input from a file

Hi, I have a file which got only one column and got some keywords. I have another file where the keywords used in the first file are repeated in the second file. Now I would like to know how many times each keyword from the first file is repeated in the second file. Request your help on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pointers
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keyword search/replace for two text files?

What is the best way (bash/awk/sed?) to read in two text files and do a keyword search/replace? file1.txt: San Francisco Los Angeles Seattle Dallas file2.txt: I love Los Angeles. Coming to Dallas was the right choice. San Francisco is fun. Go to Seattle in the summer. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to count start and end keyword in a line

Hello fellow awkers and seders: need to figure out a way to ensure a software deployment has completed by checking its trace file in which I can store the deployment results as follows: echo $testvar ===== Summary - Deploy Result - Start ===== ===== Summary - Deploy Result - End =====... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ux4me
1 Replies
replacekey(1)						      General Commands Manual						     replacekey(1)

NAME
replacekey - replace keywords in a FITS header SYNOPSIS
replacekey [options] <in> DESCRIPTION
replacekey is aimed at replacing keywords in a FITS file's header by new keywords provided by the user on the command-line. ALGORITHM
The user can provide a new_keyword, an old_keyword, a value and a comment. first searchs for old_keyword if provided. If it finds it, it replaces the associated card by the new one (new_keyword=value/comment). If old_keyword is either not found or not provided, associated card by the new one (new_keyword=value/comment). new_keyword has to be provided. Examples: You want to change the value of VALUE from 32 to 16 in myfile.fits: % replacekey -k "VALUE" -v "16" myfile.fits If you want to replace the card with the keyword OLD by "NEW = 3.14 / This is a usefull key" in myfile.fits: % replacekey -k "NEW" -v "3.14" -c "This is a usefull key" -K "OLD" myfile.fits If your do not care about the HISTORY cards you have in the header, and want to replace the first one by VALUE=32, you would do: % replacekey -k "VALUE" -v "32" -K "HISTORY" myfile.fits OPTIONS
-k or --key key To provide the new keyword. -K or --old key To provide the old keyword. -v or --val val To provide the new value. -c or --com com To provide the new comment. SEE ALSO
hierarch28 to convert HIERARCH ESO keywords to regular 8-char keywords. FILES
Files shall all comply with FITS format BUGS
Modifications are so far only possible in the main header, not in the extensions. 28 Oct 1999 replacekey(1)