Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IBM rs/6000 7026-c2
Operating Systems AIX IBM rs/6000 7026-c2 Post 302899905 by AIX5.2 on Friday 2nd of May 2014 10:00:48 AM
Old 05-02-2014
Yes, it has two 9.1gb scsi drives internally. I might take the whole thing apart and check it there is a loose cable anywhere.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Ibm Risc/6000 Os

:o Unix Sirs, :eek:RE: IBM RISC/6000 1990 Used on Application: Image buffer: 3D "Catia" (3D "Autocad" sim.) engineering C.A.D. Written by Deso. Cash prior to main frame dump:cool: * :oCan I purchase the oem operating system from you unix people? :cool: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penguins
1 Replies

2. AIX

PCI Ethernet Cards for IBM RISC 6000 - B50's

I am trying to find PCI Ethernet cards that are compatible with the IBM RISC 6000 - B50 Power PC. None of the regular NIC's seem to have AIX drivers. Does anyone know of AIX drivers for standard PCI Ethernet NIC's or a non IBM NIC that works with the Model B50 at 10/100 MB ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahe
0 Replies

3. AIX

Hard time with an IBM RS/6000 J40 + AIX 5.2L

Hello all! I'm having a hard time with an IBM RS/6000 J40 machine. I'm trying to install AIX 5.2L on it but, up to now, I can't make it boot from the CDROM. I can go to the configuration menu, but, I don't know hot to point to my SCSI CDROM in order to boot from it. Do any of you have an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MCM
2 Replies

4. AIX

Does IBM Model No. 7026-6H1 supports AIX 5.3

Hi, I have a IBM box (RS/6000) Model No.7026-6H1, currently running AIX 4.3 and now I want to upgrade in AIX 5.3 version. Please advice Is this model supports the AIX 5.3 version and what precautions we need to take before migration Best Regds Bhupal Singh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhupals
3 Replies

5. AIX

Re-Installation of AIX 5.2 in RS6000 7026

Hi There!! I need to reinstall the operating system AIX 5.2 in a RS6000 7026/6H1 that has AIX 4.3 but I need a firmware upgrade that I dón´t know where can I obtain. - Platform firmware version 3 or later. Someone can help me please, I will be very grateful !! Thank´s. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terron79
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need older version of System Firmware for 7026-H80

Hi all, I have an H80 that I'm migrating to 5.3 and prior to doing so it needed the firmware upgraded. I don't have copies of the old firmware that was on it since I was not the one who installed it and there were no copies to be found on the server itself. I installed the latest version and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: howardle
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ibm 7026-h80

HAI GUYS Man have i had the worst time with this thing. Its 400kg and doesnt respond very well to my commands. I want to install linux or unix, dont really care, onto my IBM server. My problem is how? I more want to install the ubunut OS on to it, but have tried every iso installer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: benzies
1 Replies

8. AIX

aix5.3 migration locked on 7026 with 0c46 LED-screen code

Hello, does anybody know if this is a final step or if any other code should appear ? After having waiting 2 hours, should I restart the server and restore old system ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
2 Replies

9. AIX

Issue with RS/6000 H50 from IBM

G'day all I have purchased 2 big IBM H50 RS/6000 enterprise servers. I am led to believe they are running AIX 4.3.3. Now problem is getting into remote console and turning off remote console and enabling my graphics card which i have installed. Now i was told to remove it, and try again. But i... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ADS2459
17 Replies
TAPEINFO(1)						      General Commands Manual						       TAPEINFO(1)

NAME
tapeinfo - report SCSI tape device info SYNOPSIS
tapeinfo -f <scsi-generic-device> DESCRIPTION
The tapeinfo command reads various information from SCSI tape drives that is not generally available via most vendors' tape drivers. It issues raw commands directly to the tape drive, using either the operating system's SCSI generic device ( e.g. /dev/sg0 on Linux, /dev/pass0 on FreeBSD) or the raw SCSI I/O ioctl on a tape device on some operating systems. One good time to use 'tapeinfo' is immediately after a tape i/o operation has failed. On tape drives that support HP's 'tapealert' API, 'tapeinfo' will report a more exact description of what went wrong. Do be aware that 'tapeinfo' is not a substitute for your operating system's own 'mt' or similar tape driver control program. It is intended to supplement, not replace, programs like 'mt' that access your operating system's tape driver in order to report or set information. OPTIONS
The first argument, given following -f , is the SCSI generic device corresponding to your tape drive. Consult your operating system's doc- umentation for more information (for example, under Linux these are generally start at /dev/sg0 under FreeBSD these start at /dev/pass0). Under FreeBSD, 'camcontrol devlist' will tell you what SCSI devices you have, along with which 'pass' device controls them. Under Linux, "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" will tell you what SCSI devices you have. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
This program has only been tested on Linux with a limited number of tape drives (HP DDS4, Seagate AIT). AVAILABILITY
tapeinfo is currently being maintained by Eric Lee Green <eric@badtux.org> formerly of Enhanced Software Technologies Inc. The 'mtx' home page is http://mtx.sourceforge.net and the actual code is currently available there and via CVS from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mtx/ . SEE ALSO
mt(1),mtx(1),scsitape(1) TAPEINFO1.0 TAPEINFO(1)