Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parameter not found.. pass in a uppercase Post 302899889 by vbe on Friday 2nd of May 2014 08:11:11 AM
Old 05-02-2014
Code:
DB_SID=TEST
n12:/rdm/users/vbe $  DB_SID_SM=/opt/$(echo $DB_SID | tr '[:upper:]' '[:lower:]')/TEST/somepath
n12:/rdm/users/vbe $  echo $DB_SID_SM                                                          
/opt/test/TEST/somepath

What shell are you using? This was with ksh...

Last edited by vbe; 05-02-2014 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: shell used
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required to pass the parameter

i am calling a pl/sql procedure through a shell script, there is one IN and 2 OUT parameter required to pass to the procedure to execute.. My procedure is XX_CITIDIRECT_EXP_PKG.main_proc and In parameter is p_period which I wanto to pass 'MAY-06'. Can anyone figure out, whats is wrong here ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a parameter

Hi all, How to pass a parameter from a oracle pl/sql procedure parameter to shell environment and use it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter to function

HI all I have a code like ############################################## minyear() { curryear=$1 echo $curryear } ##Main Program ## minyear exit ####### when i execute "sh scriptname 2005" output should be like 2005 but the output is blank. I guess i need to pass parameter to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass the parameter value to a... ?

Hello I have a simple code like this one: #!/bin/ksh VER=$1 cat /usr/text | while read line do echo $line done Let's say $1=1.0.0 and the contents of text is: abcd.cfg asdf I would like the output to be like this abcd1.0.0.cfg asdf1.0.0 I am thinking of passing the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khestoi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass value from file to parameter

Hi Guys, I have a file in the format Parmater=value. I want to read the value and pass it to corresponding Variable. The Parameter file is as follows Number=23 Text1=mango Text2=yup 'Number' value needs to be read and passed to ID variable. Also, 'Text1' value needs to be passed to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter to SED

My script(ksh) works fine for --------------------------------------------------- sed -n '28,31p' ${l_name} >> ${LOG_DIR}/Email.txt --------------------------------------------------- But I wand to pass parrmeter to this syntax I did the following things ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass parameter

Hi, I have following for loop , please let me know how to get ${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} parameter with 1DAY and 7DAY values. for i in 1DAY 7DAY do ${NZSQL_DIR}/nzsql -h ${HOST} -time -v ON_ERROR_STOP=1 -f ${SQL_DIR}/${TXP_EXT_TABLE_${i}_SQL} > ${TMP_LOG_FILE} 2>&1 done ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass parameter to bteq?

I am using below code to connect terdata and getting the query result in a file.Now i want to use same code for different tables,plz tell me how to pass table name as parameter.i tried using as below code but not working. bteq < /download/viv/dev/ops/Scripts/ter.sh FLTORGTKR_ORG_etc.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to uppercase matching line when string found?

Hello, Could you please help me how to search the string in a file, and when found; change the existing line to uppercase in command line? I tried: ?whichcommand? -A "EXT" fileA | awk '{print tolower($0)}' | tee fileB tr command simply converts entire file to uppercase but this is not what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
4 Replies
TEST(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   TEST(1)

NAME
test - set status according to condition SYNOPSIS
test expr DESCRIPTION
Test evaluates the expression expr. If the value is true the exit status is null; otherwise the exit status is non-null. If there are no arguments the exit status is non-null. The following primitives are used to construct expr. -r file True if the file exists (is accessible) and is readable. -w file True if the file exists and is writable. -x file True if the file exists and has execute permission. -e file True if the file exists. -f file True if the file exists and is a plain file. -d file True if the file exists and is a directory. -s file True if the file exists and has a size greater than zero. -t fildes True if the open file whose file descriptor number is fildes (1 by default) is the same file as /dev/cons. s1 = s2 True if the strings s1 and s2 are identical. s1 != s2 True if the strings s1 and s2 are not identical. s1 True if s1 is not the null string. (Deprecated.) -n s1 True if the length of string s1 is non-zero. -z s1 True if the length of string s1 is zero. n1 -eq n2 True if the integers n1 and n2 are arithmetically equal. Any of the comparisons -ne, -gt, -ge, -lt, or -le may be used in place of -eq. The (nonstandard) construct -l string, meaning the length of string, may be used in place of an integer. These primaries may be combined with the following operators: ! unary negation operator -o binary or operator -a binary and operator; higher precedence than -o ( expr ) parentheses for grouping. The primitives -b, -u, -g, and -s return false; they are recognized for compatibility with POSIX. Notice that all the operators and flags are separate arguments to test. Notice also that parentheses and equal signs are meaningful to rc and must be enclosed in quotes. EXAMPLES
Test is a dubious way to check for specific character strings: it uses a process to do what an rc(1) match or switch statement can do. The first example is not only inefficient but wrong, because test understands the purported string "-c" as an option. if (test $1 '=' "-c") echo OK # wrong! A better way is if (~ $1 -c) echo OK Test whether is in the current directory. test -f abc -o -d abc SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/test.c SEE ALSO
rc(1) TEST(1)