Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux Optional Packages
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Linux Optional Packages Post 302899774 by svolbruck on Thursday 1st of May 2014 01:22:36 PM
Old 05-01-2014
Question Linux Optional Packages

Please forgive but I am new to Linux and still learning. When installing Linux (any flavor) over PXE, it asks if you want to customize which packages to install. Most engineers ask us to install all packages but this entails A LOT of clicking. Is there a way to "select all" packages by using a keystroke?

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux user access to packages...

Hi, I'm now playing with my RH Linux 7.3 installation on my laptop. I've installed the StarOffice suite from root login. Now my problem: I created a user account "vishnu".. but I cannot see the StarOffice in the menu listing of this user. How can I give "vishnu" the access to StarOffice... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Installing Linux packages

hi, I wants to customize the Linux packages after installting the Linux OS... I am not able to install the packages packages in GUI mode System-> Administration->add/remove software.i want to install some desktop and dabase related packages how do i install those packages... I use RHEL6.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahulne25
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Finding installed packages on Linux machine

Hi, i am trying to grab all the installed packages on linux machine,and only want to grab "Name" "Version" "Release" "Vendor" information i am using below command to do so : rpm -qa --info | grep -e 'Name' -e 'Version' -e 'Release' -e 'Vendor' the output contains lot other info... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
3 Replies
DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)

NAME
dh_installemacsen - register an Emacs add on package SYNOPSIS
dh_installemacsen [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--priority=n] [--flavor=foo] DESCRIPTION
dh_installemacsen is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by the Debian emacsen-common package into package build directories. It also automatically generates the preinst postinst and prerm commands needed to register a package as an Emacs add on package. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how this works. FILES
debian/package.emacsen-compat Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/compat/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-install Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-remove Installed into usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/remove/package in the package build directory. debian/package.emacsen-startup Installed into etc/emacs/site-start.d/50package.el in the package build directory. Use --priority to use a different priority than 50. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postinst/prerm scripts. --priority=n Sets the priority number of a site-start.d file. Default is 50. --flavor=foo Sets the flavor a site-start.d file will be installed in. Default is emacs, alternatives include xemacs and emacs20. NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command. Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) "usr/share/doc/emacsen-common/debian-emacs-policy.gz" This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLEMACSEN(1)