Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) BuDop's mbp:~ budop$ changes to dhcp-v062-202:~ budop$...not quite why? Post 302899562 by Perderabo on Wednesday 30th of April 2014 04:00:25 AM
Old 04-30-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuDop
Perderabo,

just curious as what this line of code mean "\\033]0;$*\\007\\c".
The "$*" in the middle will expand to the arguments you passed to the function. So if I type "retitle my new name", the $* will be replaced with "my new name". The characters in front and in back of the $* are just the escape sequence that instructs the software to retitle its window. There are escape sequences to lots of other stuff like clear the screen, change colors, move the cursor around, etc.

See this page for a list.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

change user id from 200 to 202

Hi AIX Experts, i need your help in this issue, i want to change user id of xyz user from 200 to 202 note that this xyz user owner for many files and directories so my issue how to change the user id from 200 to 202 and the files still under his ownership this is an urgent work ,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sh_day1
4 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

310-202 question

Hi guys, i need help : The system admin wants to configure user_attr(4)sources in the /etc/nsswitch.conf Which line needs to be configured? a: passwd b: user_attr The answer is A but wait !! I did a man nsswitch.conf and user_attr is a valid database ( at least for soalris 10) ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary0011
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 310-202 Question

Hello All, Below I'm posting a question regarding a possible Solaris 10 310-202 exam question that I think is wrong. I do not agree that the answer is B. The inetadm command does not even have a flag/option of -a. Can anyone provide any assistance? Thanks! You've tried connecting to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VeeDub78
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Get DHCP relay interfaces IP address using DHCP

Hi All , please view the set up below: ------------------------------------------------------------------- | DHCP Server |-----------| ROUTER & |-----------| Clients | | 192.168.99.1 | - -<eth1>| DHCP-RELAY|<eth2>-- | 192.168.88.X | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gdangoor
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Let your iMac/MBP detect a burglar whilst idle...

Hi folks... (Apologies for typos.) I have been working on a very simple MacBook_Pro/iMac centric project. I have called it Spy . If you just want to test for fun you only need ./Spy and this defaults to a 5 second video with Medium sensitivity from the working directory whre Spy is. (Just... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)