Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Downloading jpgs from a gallery type website Post 302899539 by Corona688 on Tuesday 29th of April 2014 05:50:00 PM
Old 04-29-2014
1) From man curl:

Code:
       -o/--output <file>
              Write output to <file> instead of stdout. If you are using {} or
              []  to  fetch  multiple documents, you can use '#' followed by a
              number in the <file> specifier. That variable will  be  replaced
              with the current string for the URL being fetched. ...

So it replaces #1 with the number of the page in question.

2) Because it's a regex, not a glob. In a regex, * means "zero or more of the previous character", and . means "any character". So .*jpg means "any string ending in jpg".

3) Yes, it sorts them to download in-order. Possibly not very well since it's just a random pile of URL's but order doesn't matter too much here anyway.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Recommendations for good shell utility to resize JPGs?

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this. If not, let me know where it fits. I am running RedHat Linux 8.0. I've recently acquired a Sony Mavica digital camera. In short, this thing is awesome (uses cd-rw!). I have been taking high quality images, but I now have the need to try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lynx - Downloading - extension handling - changing mime type?

Using Lynx, when I try to download a .rar, it confirms I want to download and its got it as an appication/rar file. However, split archives that end in .r## (.r00, .r01 ...) are not recognized as an appication/rar file and it reads the file like a .txt or .html. How can I fix this? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yitzle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

4. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading info from website to database

Hi guys! I created a database using mysql in bash now i would like to download weather info from the data.(temp, date and time)...and just store this in the database to display after every 3 hours or so... i have tried to get the website using wget and now dont exactly now how to go from here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadharah
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Management: How do I move all JPGS in a folder structure to a single folder?

This is the file structure: DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder1qweqwasdfsd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder2asdasdasd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder3asdadfhgasdf/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder4qwetwdfsdfg/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
4 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Downloading a file from Website to a Windows Folder

Hi, Is it possible to download a file using Wget or some other command from a Windows machine? Say I want to download something from https server to C:\ABC\abc.xls Any ideas, Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dohko
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget error while downloading from https website

Hi, I would like to download a file from a https website. I don't have the file name as it changes every day. I am using the following command: wget --no-check-certificate -r -np --user=ABC --password=DEF -O temp.txt https://<website/directory> I am getting followin error in my... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
9 Replies
pfsinhdrgen(1)						      General Commands Manual						    pfsinhdrgen(1)

NAME
pfsinhdrgen - Create a pfs stream with different exposures defined by hdrgen script. SYNOPSIS
pfsinhdrgen <sample.hdrgen> DESCRIPTION
This program reads files defined in given hdrgen script and outputs them in a PFS stream. Each frame has a tag BV with corresponding brightness value (APEX standard). Larger BV corresponds to less exposure (darker image), necessary to capture a bright scene. The generated PFS stream is to be used with photo-metric calibration software and with generators of HDR images. HDRGEN script file is a plain text file in which each line contains: <path_to_an_image> <inverse_of_exposure_time_in_seconds> <aper- ture_size> <iso_speed> 0 In most cases it is convenient to use the jpeg2hdrgen program to create such a file automatically. In case it could not parse the exif information from jpeg files, it is necessary to create this file by hand. Below are the sample contents of such file: <--- cut here: sample.hdrgen /var/tmp/images/img08.jpg 4 2.8 100 0 /var/tmp/images/img09.jpg 58.8235 2.8 100 0 /var/tmp/images/img10.jpg 76.9231 2.8 100 0 /var/tmp/images/img11.jpg 322.581 2.8 100 0 /var/tmp/images/img12.jpg 400 2.8 100 0 <--- cut here: sample.hdrgen EXAMPLES
pfsinhdrgen sample.hdrgen | pfsview View exposures defined in sample.hdrgen script. SEE ALSO
jpeg2hdrgen(1) pfshdrcalibrate(1) BUGS
Please report bugs and comments on implementation to Grzegorz Krawczyk <gkrawczyk@users.sourceforge.net>. pfsinhdrgen(1)