Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Downloading jpgs from a gallery type website Post 302899539 by Corona688 on Tuesday 29th of April 2014 05:50:00 PM
Old 04-29-2014
1) From man curl:

Code:
       -o/--output <file>
              Write output to <file> instead of stdout. If you are using {} or
              []  to  fetch  multiple documents, you can use '#' followed by a
              number in the <file> specifier. That variable will  be  replaced
              with the current string for the URL being fetched. ...

So it replaces #1 with the number of the page in question.

2) Because it's a regex, not a glob. In a regex, * means "zero or more of the previous character", and . means "any character". So .*jpg means "any string ending in jpg".

3) Yes, it sorts them to download in-order. Possibly not very well since it's just a random pile of URL's but order doesn't matter too much here anyway.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Recommendations for good shell utility to resize JPGs?

Not sure if this is the right place to be posting this. If not, let me know where it fits. I am running RedHat Linux 8.0. I've recently acquired a Sony Mavica digital camera. In short, this thing is awesome (uses cd-rw!). I have been taking high quality images, but I now have the need to try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lynx - Downloading - extension handling - changing mime type?

Using Lynx, when I try to download a .rar, it confirms I want to download and its got it as an appication/rar file. However, split archives that end in .r## (.r00, .r01 ...) are not recognized as an appication/rar file and it reads the file like a .txt or .html. How can I fix this? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yitzle
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

String type to date type

Can one string type variable changed into the date type variable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rinku
1 Replies

4. Programming

array type has incomplete element type

Dear colleagues, One of my friend have a problem with c code. While compiling a c program it displays a message like "array type has incomplete element type". Any body can provide a solution for it. Jaganadh.G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Downloading info from website to database

Hi guys! I created a database using mysql in bash now i would like to download weather info from the data.(temp, date and time)...and just store this in the database to display after every 3 hours or so... i have tried to get the website using wget and now dont exactly now how to go from here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadharah
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Management: How do I move all JPGS in a folder structure to a single folder?

This is the file structure: DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder1qweqwasdfsd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder2asdasdasd/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder3asdadfhgasdf/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo Folders/Folder4qwetwdfsdfg/*jpg DESKTOP/Root of Photo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
4 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Downloading a file from Website to a Windows Folder

Hi, Is it possible to download a file using Wget or some other command from a Windows machine? Say I want to download something from https server to C:\ABC\abc.xls Any ideas, Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dohko
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget error while downloading from https website

Hi, I would like to download a file from a https website. I don't have the file name as it changes every day. I am using the following command: wget --no-check-certificate -r -np --user=ABC --password=DEF -O temp.txt https://<website/directory> I am getting followin error in my... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
9 Replies
curl_easy_escape(3)						  libcurl Manual					       curl_easy_escape(3)

NAME
curl_easy_escape - URL encodes the given string SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> char *curl_easy_escape( CURL *curl, char *url, int length ); DESCRIPTION
This function converts the given input string to an URL encoded string and returns that as a new allocated string. All input characters that are not a-z, A-Z, 0-9, '-', '.', '_' or '~' are converted to their "URL escaped" version (%NN where NN is a two-digit hexadecimal num- ber). If the length argument is set to 0 (zero), curl_easy_escape(3) uses strlen() on the input url to find out the size. You must curl_free(3) the returned string when you're done with it. AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.15.4 and replaces the old curl_escape(3) function. RETURN VALUE
A pointer to a zero terminated string or NULL if it failed. SEE ALSO
curl_easy_unescape(3), curl_free(3), RFC2396 libcurl 7.15.4 7 April 2006 curl_easy_escape(3)