Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: If clause query
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting If clause query Post 302899508 by rohit_shinez on Tuesday 29th of April 2014 03:03:33 PM
Old 04-29-2014
is it possible something like this in if clause would work

Code:
if [`ls -ltr $direct/code/$f1|wc -l -eq 0`  \
&& 
ls -ltr $direct/code/$f1|wc -l -eq 0`]
then
echo "no file in dir"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if clause

hi, pls could you help me with one program in KSH ( i have sunOS). I need to create an If clause, that prints an error message and filenames, when in a directory are found some files of null size (find . -type f -size 0 ). thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmer18
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions in If clause

Hi All, I have a set of files in my directory like BED123C.txt, SED134F.txt,DEF567DF.txt. I want to execute separate scripts based on the file names. I am using the following block of the code for this for EachFile in `ls` do if then sh Exe1.sh fi if then sh Exe2.sh fi done ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

having trouble with using if clause in AWK

The goal: I have a list of people in teams. The list looks something like this $1 = Job Position (marketing, IT, PR) $2 = Name $3 = Team Name $4 = Targeted member (somebody in field 2 targets somebody else) $5 = Employment Status (full time/part time/etc) The idea is to search through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaestroRage
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple conditions in 'if clause'

Hi, When i use the below code snippet in my shell script OFC_10.sh: if then echo "Success" exit 2 elif then echo "Failure" exit 6 I get the error message: ./OFC_10.sh: line 41: ' ./OFC_10.sh: line 45: ' Line 41 is the line where If loop starts and line 45 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the where clause of a SQL?

Hi UNIX Gurus, I want to use extract the where clause of a SQL present in a file. Please suggest me how can I do it. Select * from emp where emp_id>10; cat <file_name> | grep -i "where" returns whole SQL. how can I extract only "where emp_id>10;" Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with if clause in bash script

hey guys, I am trying to get some statistics from a DHCP server, like counting the number of DHCP Discovers from a specific MAC address. The script should count the number of DHCP Discovers and output it, otherwise if it cannot find any , it should output the MAC address and "0". The first... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file renaming with if else clause

Hi. I am trying to rename some files with an if else clause. So far I am doing it this way: for file in *; do mv $file `echo $file|sed 's/$/.txt/'`; done This make all my files have a .txt at the end of their name. But since I had some .jpg files in my folder they end up being... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: danieladna
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check a variable value through if clause

Hi guys, I am trying to check the values i have for two variables. if && ; then echo "Success"; fi Now Test1 can have any Alpha Variable and Count is a integer value. Even though we have given 'and' Condition, even one condition is sucess, i am getting the Success message. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If clause in perl

HI friends , I am very new to perl .please dont mind if i ask silly questions. I seee below code in one sript if ( exists $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} and $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR} ) { $tdir = $ENV{FMTWRP_TMP_DIR}; } whats does this mean . I am very confused about the if clauses in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

../ in perl and if clause

Hi can anyone please explain what the below code does? i mean $fide_stopfile = ? when $FIDE_SCR = '/fs/dir1/dir2/common/scr' and also little confused with if clause too. what it check? $fide_stopfile = "$ENV{FIDE_SCR}/../tmp/STOP"; if ( -e $fide_stopfile > 0 ) { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ptappeta
3 Replies
XIBARRIERRELEASEPOIN(3) 												   XIBARRIERRELEASEPOIN(3)

NAME
XIBarrierReleasePointer, XIBarrierReleasePointers - allow pointer movement across a pointer barrier SYNOPSIS
#include <X11/extensions/XInput2.h> int XIBarrierReleasePointer( Display *display, int deviceid, PointerBarrier barrier, BarrierEventID eventid); int XIBarrierReleasePointers( Display *display, XIBarrierReleasePointerInfo *barriers, int num_barriers); display Specifies the connection to the X server. deviceid Specifies the device allowed to move across the barrier. barrier Specifies the barrier. eventid Specifies the unique event ID for this barrier event sequence. barriers List of deviceid, barrier, eventid triplets. num_barriers Number of elements in barriers. DESCRIPTION
If a pointer is constrained by a pointer barrier, release the pointer from the barrier and allow it to cross the barrier with the next motion. If the pointer moves away from the barrier, this request does nothing. This request only releases the pointer for the given barrier event sequence. If the pointer moves away from or through the barrier, a XI_BarrierLeave event is generated. Future pointer movement constrained by this barrier will assign a new eventid and require a new XIBarrierReleasePointer request. If the pointer is not currently blocked by the barrier or the barrier event sequence has ended, this request does nothing. XIBarrierReleasePointer and XIBarrierReleasePointers can generate a BadDevice or BadValue error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadDevice An invalid device was specified. The device does not exist or is not a master pointer device. BadValue A value for a PointerBarrier argument does not name a defined pointer barrier. SEE ALSO
XFixesCreatePointerBarrier(3) 05/30/2013 XIBARRIERRELEASEPOIN(3)