Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find all files other than last two dates per month and year? Post 302899431 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 29th of April 2014 04:37:54 AM
Old 04-29-2014
You have asked several similar questions and been given code that solved those problems. Based on what you learned from those previous examples, what have you tried?

We are happy to help you learn how to use the tools that are available on UNIX and Linux systems, but we are not here to act as your unpaid programming staff.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files with a perticular year of access

Hello all, Might be a silly question, on my AIX machine the year had changed to 2022 and some files were accessed on this date hence the time stamp on these files is with year 2022, there are many such files. i want to list all these file from the root dir and subdir with 2022 year... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to get the last month and year in UNIX

how to get the last month and year in UNIx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vijay06
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Files In A Year/Month/Day File Structure

Hi Im trying to concatenate a specific file from each day in a year/month/day folder structure using Bash or equivalent. The file structure ends up like this: 2009/01/01/products 2009/01/02/products .... 2009/12/31/products The file I need is in products everyday and I need the script to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix man command to find out month of the year?

how can i display month of the year i was born with using man command? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: janetroop95
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian day to dates in YEAR-MONTH-DAY

hello, I have many files called day001, day002, day003 and I want to rename them by day20070101, day20070102, etc. I need to do it for several years and leap years as well. What is the best way to do it ? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ggg
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files that are not first two files date & last file date for every month-year?

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month

Hi All, I need to find all files other than first two files dates & last file date for month and month/year wise list. lets say there are following files in directory Mar 19 2012 c.txt Mar 19 2012 cc.txt Mar 21 2012 d.txt Mar 22 2012 f.txt Mar 24 2012 h.txt Mar 25 2012 w.txt Feb 12... (16 Replies)
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files for same month and year?

Hi All, I find all files for same month and year lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 c.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 21 2012 d.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 22 2012 f.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files other than first two dates & last date per month and year?

how to find all files other than first two dates & last date per month and year Hi All, lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 a.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 b.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg ... (6 Replies)
6 Replies
doctools_lang_faq(n)						Documentation tools					      doctools_lang_faq(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
doctools_lang_faq - doctools language faq DESCRIPTION
OVERVIEW
WHAT IS THIS DOCUMENT? This document is currently mainly a placeholder, to be filled with commonly asked questions about the doctools markup language and compan- ions, and their answers. Please report any questions (and, if possible, answers) we should consider for this document in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. EXAMPLES
WHERE DO I FIND DOCTOOLS EXAMPLES? The most examples of doctools markup currently known can be found in the Tcllib and Tklib package bundles where basically the documentation of all packages is written in it. In Tcllib you will also find the sources for the doctools documentation themselves, which makes use of nearly all of the available markup commands. You need one of [1] A CVS snapshot of Tcllib. How to retrieve such a snapshot and the tools required for this are described at http://source- forge.net/cvs/?group_id=12883 [2] A Tcllib release archive. They are available at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12883 BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report any such in the category doctools of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either the package and/or the documentation. SEE ALSO
doctools_lang_cmdref, doctools_lang_intro, doctools_lang_syntax KEYWORDS
doctools commands, doctools language, doctools markup, doctools syntax, examples, faq, markup, semantic markup COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> doctools 1.0 doctools_lang_faq(n)