Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Getting error when instrumenting a C program with Purify Post 302899403 by bakunin on Monday 28th of April 2014 07:20:01 PM
Old 04-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteAlma
I look for it on the net and I found out that I have to use 'suma' (Service Updates Management Assistant)
You don't. SUMA will just help you download all the necessary dependencies, but you do not need it to install any software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteAlma
I'm on AIX 5.3
This is going to be a problem because it is out of support for ~2 years now. If you do not have a software repository yourself it might be impossible to download base-level filesets. (I haven't tried any 5.3 fileset for quite a while, not sure if they are still downloadable.)

Have you considered updating to 6.1 or 7.1 ?

I hope this helps.

bakunin
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Purify-SGI Fatal Error

Hi , attempting to purify code on the link line generates a fatal error like this #ERROR: (fatal) Cannot find libtest.so in the search path . command line: ------------- purify -show-directory=yes -always-use-cache-dir -cache-dir=/ppic/users/avadhani/sgi/pure /usr/bin/CC -n32 -mips3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avadhani
2 Replies

2. Programming

Problem with build using Purify

Hi, I am facing problem while doing build on AIX using xlC compiler. We are using purify. Purify fails to instrument the a few libraries. Interestingly these are not developed by us and are 3rd party SW components. Can someone let me know how to proceed with the build? Here is the output... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
0 Replies

3. Programming

probelm with purify

Hi, I am using purify to find memory leak in my process. When I run the instrumented program I get error I donot have this file in the specified directory. Instead I have following files in the directory /usr/lib/nls/loc/locales.2 What should I do in such case? I undersatnd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
1 Replies

4. AIX

Program Error

Hi, my IBM 9117-570 model (mounting SF230_126 firmware version) gives an errpt like the following. The problem is that no SRC code found at IBM information center web site. Some ideas where are those SRC searchable ? O.S. is AIX 5.2- tkx E18E984F 1119200506 P S SRC ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carmen123
0 Replies

5. AIX

Purify and AIX compiling problems.

Hi, i'm trying to work with a trial version of PurifyPlus 7 with fixpack 10 from Rational that needs to run over an AIX 5.3 platform, 64-bit. I had success on compiling and running the hello_world programs and even a hash test program i found over the net, but purify can achieve the same with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrispav
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with program error

#!/bin/csh # # Time of day greeting # # usage: greet # if ($#argv == 0) then set hour = ‘date +%H’ else set hour = $argv endif # if ($hour < 12) then echo "Good Morning\!" else if ($hour < 18) then echo "Good Afternoon\!" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glock1800
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rational® Purify® compatable SW

Hi Rational® Purify® is a dynamic software analysis tool - helps to clean your own C or C++ code from memory leak problems etc. Who knows some compatable (my be freeware) software? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baruchgu
1 Replies

8. Programming

RHEL: Problem while using "purify gcc" for ESQL-C

Hi I am facing a problem while doing Purify Instrumentation of the Informix ESQL-C files. The system is RedHat Linux 5.6 and compiler is gcc. I have set both CC and INFORMIXC variables to "purify gcc" and compiled the source code. All the .c and .ec files were compiled successfully, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
0 Replies

9. AIX

Purify : command not found

I just installed IBM PurifyPlus on IBM AIX 5.3 and they suggested me to run the command through the following one: % purify cc -g hello_world.c but it's giving me the message that : purify command not found I need your help Thanks In Advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SteAlma
10 Replies

10. AIX

Error while instrumenting purify

when i instrument ourify i am getting error like .*** OI_init: Error, cannot connect to X server Purify or PureCoverage slave: Warning: Can't open display "localhost:0", using tty mode. . Got it] I am using AIX1.6 OS i have xwin32 installed in my windows.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies
BGOFFICE-DICT-DOWNLOAD(1)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 BGOFFICE-DICT-DOWNLOAD(1)

NAME
bgoffice-dict-download - download dictionaries for bgoffice SYNOPSIS
# list known dictionaries bgoffice-dict-download --list # download a dictionary bgoffice-dict-download --dict bg-en_dual # explicit output file bgoffice-dict-download --dict bg-en_dual --output=/some/where.tar.bz2 DESCRIPTION
bgoffice-dict-download is a small program to help download bgoffice dictionaries off sourceforge.net. It browses the bgoffice project download area and follows the download links. The dictionary is downloaded in the current directory, unless the "--output" option is used. OPTIONS
--list Prints the list of the known dictionaries. --dict dictionary name Specifies the dictionary to be downloaded. See "--list" for the known dictionaries. This option is mandatory, unless "--list" is given. --output file Saves the downloaded dictionary in the given file, instead of ./<dict>.tar.bz2 COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright: (C) 2010 Damyan Ivanov dmn@debian.org Permission is granted to use this work, with or without modifications, provided that this notice is retained. If we meet some day, and you think this stuff is worth it, you can buy me a beer in return. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-16 BGOFFICE-DICT-DOWNLOAD(1)