Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SCO Openserver 6 and Samba
Operating Systems SCO SCO Openserver 6 and Samba Post 302899400 by Jim546 on Monday 28th of April 2014 07:11:53 PM
Old 04-28-2014
SCO Openserver 6 and Samba

We are running an Openserver 6 machine and I am trying to locate a more current compiled version of Samba (> Samba 3.3). We print to Windows PCs that need to be upgraded from XP to 7. Everything works great in XP but I can't seem to get around the known bug in Samba 3.0.3 when accessing shares on a Windows 7 machine. Does anyone have or know where I can obtain a newer compiled Samba version for SCO Openserver 6. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions. Jim

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help For SCO OpenServer

I've just installed Unix SCO OpenServer System v in an Intel PC and Everithing ok, except just one thing, in the begining of the installation the wizard asked me about the mouse , i have a generic 3 buttons mouse and i took a logitech and did not work i need to change the mouse configuration, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sco openserver 5.5

hello! when i try to make my system dual boot with both win98 & sco open server 5.5 it doesn't work at all.neither win98 take start nor sco open server boots.what should i do ? kindly help me thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: buntty
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO 5.0.2 openserver

I am doing some work for a customer that is running SCO 5.0.2 openserver and they have lost their cd. Is there anyplace I can download it? I have a replacement being shipped but it will not be here for two days and they are down. Any ideals? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SCOoT
3 Replies

4. SCO

updating SCO OpenServer 5.0.5

I need to know wath patches I must install for my OS, and from where I must download it. Since it was installed (August 2001), never was updated. The server only runs as printing, data and applications server. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diegoe
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Upgrade SCO openserver

Hi guys i have a unix server SCO 5.0.4 and i'm trying to install and intel pro 100 and for some reason it wont see it , i tried to install a 3 com card and same thing. I know that if i had 5.0.6 it will see any of those cards.my questions is ( if i upgrade to 5.0.6 i have a computone card... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi there guys. I just got this new SCO version and i'm having some problem printing from shell, This is what i'm typing at the # sign : lp -dHP /etc/hosts and it prints no problem but when i use any other user at the $ sign it gives me this error. /dev/fd/7: /usr/lib/lp/sysv/7: not found. ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi guys, I just got this new 6.0 version and i'm trying to setup a remote office to telnet to this server running sco 6.0, in previous version all i have to do is add this file under /etc/rc2.d call S99route and put the gate in that file and that was it, for some reason in 6.0 it does not... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.7

Dear members when i installed dual processor patch in openserver 5.0.7 in hp ML370 G4 server it hangs in sco at G_hd_config. i tried MP4, EFS 5.64,5.70A but not solved the problem.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: M_farooqui
0 Replies

9. SCO

I need SCO Openserver 4.2!!!!

I need SCO Openserver 4.2. Please, give me distributive of that version SCO:eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caine
0 Replies

10. SCO

SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 Problem

I am currently having a problem with my SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 / 3.2v5.0.5 system. Running smoothly for the past 3 years, at random on March 16, 2010 the system crashes. I reboot it. Everything is normal again. 9 hours later it crashes again. This cycle has repeated itself ever since then. System... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesmith
2 Replies
FINDSMB(1)							   User Commands							FINDSMB(1)

NAME
findsmb - list info about machines that respond to SMB name queries on a subnet SYNOPSIS
findsmb [subnet broadcast address] DESCRIPTION
This perl script is part of the samba(7) suite. findsmb is a perl script that prints out several pieces of information about machines on a subnet that respond to SMB name query requests. It uses nmblookup(1) and smbclient(1) to obtain this information. OPTIONS
-r Controls whether findsmb takes bugs in Windows95 into account when trying to find a Netbios name registered of the remote machine. This option is disabled by default because it is specific to Windows 95 and Windows 95 machines only. If set, nmblookup(1) will be called with -B option. subnet broadcast address Without this option, findsmb will probe the subnet of the machine where findsmb(1) is run. This value is passed to nmblookup(1) as part of the -B option. EXAMPLES
The output of findsmb lists the following information for all machines that respond to the initial nmblookup for any name: IP address, NetBIOS name, Workgroup name, operating system, and SMB server version. There will be a '+' in front of the workgroup name for machines that are local master browsers for that workgroup. There will be an '*' in front of the workgroup name for machines that are the domain master browser for that workgroup. Machines that are running Windows for Workgroups, Windows 95 or Windows 98 will not show any information about the operating system or server version. The command with -r option must be run on a system without nmbd(8) running. If nmbd is running on the system, you will only get the IP address and the DNS name of the machine. To get proper responses from Windows 95 and Windows 98 machines, the command must be run as root and with -r option on a machine without nmbd running. For example, running findsmb without -r option set would yield output similar to the following IP ADDR NETBIOS NAME WORKGROUP/OS/VERSION --------------------------------------------------------------------- 192.168.35.10 MINESET-TEST1 [DMVENGR] 192.168.35.55 LINUXBOX *[MYGROUP] [Unix] [Samba 2.0.6] 192.168.35.56 HERBNT2 [HERB-NT] 192.168.35.63 GANDALF [MVENGR] [Unix] [Samba 2.0.5a for IRIX] 192.168.35.65 SAUNA [WORKGROUP] [Unix] [Samba 1.9.18p10] 192.168.35.71 FROGSTAR [ENGR] [Unix] [Samba 2.0.0 for IRIX] 192.168.35.78 HERBDHCP1 +[HERB] 192.168.35.88 SCNT2 +[MVENGR] [Windows NT 4.0] [NT LAN Manager 4.0] 192.168.35.93 FROGSTAR-PC [MVENGR] [Windows 5.0] [Windows 2000 LAN Manager] 192.168.35.97 HERBNT1 *[HERB-NT] [Windows NT 4.0] [NT LAN Manager 4.0] VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
nmbd(8), smbclient(1), and nmblookup(1) AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The original Samba man pages were written by Karl Auer. The man page sources were converted to YODL format (another excellent piece of Open Source software, available at ftp://ftp.icce.rug.nl/pub/unix/) and updated for the Samba 2.0 release by Jeremy Allison. The conversion to DocBook for Samba 2.2 was done by Gerald Carter. The conversion to DocBook XML 4.2 for Samba 3.0 was done by Alexander Bokovoy. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 FINDSMB(1)