Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using BASH =~ regex to match multiple strings Post 302899333 by radoulov on Monday 28th of April 2014 02:09:18 PM
Old 04-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInGermany
Omit the quotes
Code:
[[ $STRING =~ one|two|three ]] && do-something

While I currently have no clue if it is advisable to quote "$STRING".
You don't need to do so because neither word splitting nor pathname expansion(globbing) are performed in this context.
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regex in if-then-else statement to match strings

hello I want to do a pattern match for string in the if statement, but I am not sure how to use regex inside the if statement. I am looking for something like this: if {2,3} ]; then ..... .... ... fi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex to match basename

Hi Can somebody please help me know how do i match the basename using a regular expression using posix standard in shell script suppose i want to match /u01/Sybase/data/master.dbf the result should be master.dbf as i want to match everything after the last / regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regex to match IP address

What do you think of this regex to match IP address? I have been reading up on regex and have seen some really long ones for IP. Would this fail in any scenarios? (+\.){3}* (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: extracting values from multiple lines after a match

Hi there, I have the following output, # raidctl -l RAID Volume RAID RAID Disk Volume Type Status Disk Status ------------------------------------------------------ c0t1d0 IM OK c0t1d0 OK ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to match multiple regex and create separate output files

Howdy Folks, I have a list that looks like this: (file2.txt) AAA BBB CCC DDD and there are 24 of these short words. I am matching these patterns to another file with 755795 lines (file1.txt). I have this code for matching: awk -v f2=file2.txt ' BEGIN { while(... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heecha
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Only Regex pattern match help

Hi We have a tool to monitor logs in our environment. The tool accepts log pattern match only using regex and I accept I am a n00b in that:confused:. I had been banging my head to make it work without much success and at last had to turn on to my last option to post it here. I had got great... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radioactive9
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nawk match regex of bash variable

Using a bash for loop to pass variables into a nawk loop to capture a string in an sftp log. Tried several different syntax methods to have the variable treated as a regex so the loop will capture the string. for i in `cat /tmp/dar3.out.2` do nawk -vst=$i '$5 ~ /$st/ && /closed/ && /user/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smenago
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail K command regex: adding exclusion/negative lookahead to regex -a@MATCH

I'm trying to get some exclusions into our sendmail regular expression for the K command. The following configuration & regex works: LOCAL_CONFIG # Kcheckaddress regex -a@MATCH +<@+?\.++?\.(us|info|to|br|bid|cn|ru) LOCAL_RULESETS SLocal_check_mail # check address against various regex... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobbieTheK
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to pass strings from a list of strings from another file and create multiple files?

Hello Everyone , Iam a newbie to shell programming and iam reaching out if anyone can help in this :- I have two files 1) Insert.txt 2) partition_list.txt insert.txt looks like this :- insert into emp1 partition (partition_name) (a1, b2, c4, s6, d8) select a1, b2, c4, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nubie2linux
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Use strings from nth field from one file to match strings in entire line in another file, awk

I cannot seem to get what should be a simple awk one-liner to work correctly and cannot figure out why. I would like to use patterns from a specific field in one file as regex to search for matching strings in the entire line ($0) of another file. I would like to output the lines of File2 which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvoot
1 Replies
PLYMOUTHD(8)						       System Administration						      PLYMOUTHD(8)

NAME
plymouthd - The plymouth daemon SYNOPSIS
plymouthd [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
The plymouthd daemon is usually run out of the initrd. It does the heavy lifting of the plymouth system, logging the session and showing the splash screen. The plymouth is used to send commands to plymouthd that control its behaviour. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --help Show summary of options. --attach-to-session Redirect console messages from screen to log. --no-daemon Do not daemonize. --debug Output debugging information. --debug-file=STRING File to write debugging information to. --mode=MODE Set mode to either boot or shutdown. --pid-file=STRING Write the PID of the daemon to a file. --kernel-command-line=STRING Fake kernel commandline to use. --tty=STRING TTY to ues instead of default. SEE ALSO
grub(8), plymouth(8), plymouth(1), http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Plymouth plymouth PLYMOUTHD(8)