Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Create LVM of 2 Hard Drives while installing Centos 6.4. Post 302899218 by rbatte1 on Monday 28th of April 2014 05:40:30 AM
Old 04-28-2014
So what have you tried and what output do you have?

I would normally use fdisk on the /dev/sdx first. What was your first step? What disk devices can you see in /dev?

Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard drives

Will some one tell me what this means. "warning: ida 0 <slot 6> : command timed out on dev 1/42 blk 4824290 logical unit=0 blocks=5512102, size 2, cmd=0x20." I'm running SCO 505 on a proliant 1600r. Thnank you in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
3 Replies

2. Linux

No Hard Drives Have Been Found

I am using an Acer Aspire 4720Z with two partitions C and D. Windows is installed on C and I decided to install Red Hat Linux 9 in partition D. The two partitions are in NTFS file system. During my installation of the the Linux, a prompt was displayed on screen with the message: "No hard drives... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamcomng
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount LVM duplication drives

Hi, I'm stuck in an awkward situation please help :) I have two identical Seagate 80GB harddrives. My objective is a bit strange. 1.I want to have a cloned disk as bootable backup 2.When booting using the master drive, I also want to mount the cloned backup disk so I can do incremental... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: onthetopo
6 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Help adding new hard drives

Folks; I just added 2 physical new hard drives to my SUSE server. My server is already running SUSE 10.3 version. Is there a command i can use to add the new space or even see if the system can sees them? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Reinstall old hard drives

I have a T2000 Sun-Fire server. I have 2 sets of drives in a raid 1. Lets call them Set A and Set B. I had Set A installed and working. I needed a new install so I so build up Set B. After some time I wanted to put Set A back in the server. Now the system will not boot off of Set A. I tried to boot... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stu1811
7 Replies

7. Hardware

Hard Drives and MBR

Hello everyone. I have a question which I may know the answer to, I'm just looking for a confirmation. When it comes to the MBR of a hard drive, i've read in multiple sources that it's always located in the first sector of the hard drive. Is the MBR there from the factory? When I buy a new blank... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to reduce the LVM Size in RHEL/Centos 7 ?

Hi All, I have one logical volume with size as 900G and it is mounted as xfs file system. Now I want to reduce this partition to 500G. So I followed the below steps. unmount the mount point /home Reduced the volume using the command Now I remounted the partition. But the problem... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 8 - Accessing Hard Drives

Hi, I have two SCSI Hard Drives in a Sun Solaris 8 server as shown below. I would like to access Disk1 and look at its contents, directory structure and files. How do I change my default directory from Disk 0 to Disk 1 and vice versa? Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssabet
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Understanding volumes and hard drives

Ok so i thought i was smart but i can tell I need some help. I am playing around with understanding lvm and adding disks to a linux box. I added a disk and then ran what i thought were commands to add this disk to the box but I think I messed up and would like some help. My question is did i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cptkirkh
5 Replies
vgrestore(1M)															     vgrestore(1M)

NAME
vgrestore - restore a VxVM disk group back to an LVM volume group SYNOPSIS
/etc/vx/bin/vgrestore vg_name DESCRIPTION
The vgrestore command restores a Logical Volume Manager (LVM) volume group that was previously converted to a VxVM disk group by the vxvm- convert utility. ARGUMENTS
vg_name Specifies the name of a volume group that was converted to a VxVM disk group by the vxvmconvert utility. EXIT CODES
vgrestore exits with one of the following values: 0 Successful completion. >0 Failure; an error occurred. WARNINGS
vgrestore functions only on VxVM disk groups that were converted from LVM volume groups by the vxvmconvert command. It is a good idea to back up user data before running vgrestore, and restore it after the vgrestore completes, as vgrestore can only restore a logical volume back to the state it was in before conversion to VxVM. If data changed on the volume while it was a VxVM volume, the changes won't be reflected on the volume after being restored to LVM. As part of the original conversion process, applications that once referenced the now-converted LVM volume's path names may have changed to reference VxVM volume special device file names. Alternatively, special device file path names originally representing the now-converted LVM volumes may have changed to symbolic links pointing to the VxVM volume path names. Be sure to undo these actions when restoring back to LVM. Do not use vgrestore unless you are certain that you want to restore LVM volume groups. After vgrestore this is run, the VxVM disks will no longer exist. EXAMPLES
To restore the LVM volume group vg03 that was converted by vxvmconvert to the VxVM disk group dg03, enter: vgcfgrestore vg03 SEE ALSO
vxvmconvert(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Migration Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vgrestore(1M)