Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pulling Data, Then Moving to the Next File Post 302899185 by pilnet101 on Monday 28th of April 2014 02:11:52 AM
Old 04-28-2014
Can you provide some example data of the bad output when the data is shifted?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data and following lines from file

I saw a few posts close to what i want to do, but they didn't look like they would work exactly.. or I need to think out of the box on this. I have a file that I keep server stats in for my own performance analysis. this file has the output from many commands in it (uptime, vmstats, ps, swap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to server, pulling data and removing the data

Hi all, I have the following script, but are not too sure about the syntax to complete the script. In essence, the script must connect to a SFTP server at a client site with username and password located in a file on my server. Then change to the appropriate directory. Pull the data to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with pulling / filtering data from a .csv

Good day Gurus, I have a csv file that contains an inventory of active servers. This csv file contains a well over a hundred systems (IBM, SUN, HP). It also contains those systems details. See below for an example hostA,invver,1.02,20100430 hostA,date,08/30/2010,06:18 hostA,use,"Unknown... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuffyDMonkey
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data by GPS coordinates from text file

Hi there, I'm having a problem trying to extract data from within a text file. I'm trying to extract this manually for a lack of better words. I need any items that fall within latitude 36.5 to 39.5 and long -75.3 to -83.9 I have been doing this using cat neta.txt | grep '!38' and working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mikey
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving a column across a delimited data file

Hi, I am trying to move a column from one position to another position in a delimited file. The positions are dynamic in nature and are available by environmental variables. Also the file can have n number of columns. Example: Initial Column Position=1 Final Column Position=3 Delimiter='|' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayan153
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data file moving

Suppose there is a file “Text1.txt” which contains 100 lines. I need to move 1st 25 line into another file “Text2.txt” How we can do it? Suppose there is a file “Text1.txt” in which city: Bangalore is repeating N times. I need to replace Bangalore with Delhi. How we can do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh1412
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data from xml

Hi there, Please could anyone help with this. I have an xml file that contains repeating values eg <Rule name> AAAAA <Action> BBBBB </Action> <Data> CCCCC </Data> <Type> DDDDD </Type> </Rule name> <Rule name> A1A1A1A1 <Action> B1B1B1B1 </Action> <Data> C1C1C1C </Data> <Type>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssideel
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH- Need help pulling data from .emlx

Hello, fellow computer junkies. First time poster! My boss wrote an application (Mavericks 10.9, Mountain Lion 10.8) that checks a user's security settings. The user runs the application, then it spits out an email that is sent back to our inbox showing the results. On our end, we have a mail rule... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling information from a data file by date

awk -v now="$(date +%s)" -v tDiff="${USERMINUTES}" ' BEGIN { FS="=" if (!now) now=systime() if (!tDiff) tDiff=60*60 p=1 } /{/ {rec=$0;p=1;next} /}/ && rec && p {print rec ORS $0;next} $1=="entry_time" { if (now-$2>tDiff)p=0 } {rec=rec ORS $0}'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
AIRY(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 AIRY(3pm)

NAME
PDL::GSLSF::AIRY - PDL interface to GSL Special Functions DESCRIPTION
This is an interface to the Special Function package present in the GNU Scientific Library. SYNOPSIS
FUNCTIONS
gsl_sf_airy_Ai Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Airy Function Ai(x). gsl_sf_airy_Ai does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_airy_Bi Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Airy Function Bi(x). gsl_sf_airy_Bi does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_airy_Ai_scaled Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Scaled Airy Function Ai(x). Ai(x) for x < 0 and exp(+2/3 x^{3/2}) Ai(x) for x > 0. gsl_sf_airy_Ai_scaled does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_airy_Bi_scaled Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Scaled Airy Function Bi(x). Bi(x) for x < 0 and exp(+2/3 x^{3/2}) Bi(x) for x > 0. gsl_sf_airy_Bi_scaled does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_airy_Ai_deriv Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Derivative Airy Function Ai`(x). gsl_sf_airy_Ai_deriv does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_airy_Bi_deriv Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Derivative Airy Function Bi`(x). gsl_sf_airy_Bi_deriv does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_airy_Ai_deriv_scaled Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Derivative Scaled Airy Function Ai(x). Ai`(x) for x < 0 and exp(+2/3 x^{3/2}) Ai`(x) for x > 0. gsl_sf_airy_Ai_deriv_scaled does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. gsl_sf_airy_Bi_deriv_scaled Signature: (double x(); double [o]y(); double [o]e()) Derivative Scaled Airy Function Bi(x). Bi`(x) for x < 0 and exp(+2/3 x^{3/2}) Bi`(x) for x > 0. gsl_sf_airy_Bi_deriv_scaled does not process bad values. It will set the bad-value flag of all output piddles if the flag is set for any of the input piddles. AUTHOR
This file copyright (C) 1999 Christian Pellegrin <chri@infis.univ.trieste.it> All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation under certain conditions. For details, see the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. If this file is separated from the PDL distribution, the copyright notice should be included in the file. The GSL SF modules were written by G. Jungman. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-30 AIRY(3pm)