Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to call a stored procedure inside a loop? Post 302899153 by spacebar on Sunday 27th of April 2014 05:27:30 PM
Old 04-27-2014
See if this change to your sql is what you want, Changes are in red:
Code:
set serveroutput on 
set feedback on
declare 
  l_err_msg varchar2(1000);
  v_counter simple_integer  := 0;
begin
  sp_control_customer_insert('E');
  sp_update_customer();
  dbms_output.put_line('customer update');
  loop
    v_counter  :=  v_counter + 1;
    exit when v_counter > 8;
    sp_insert_customer_parent();
  end loop;
  dbms_output.put_line('inserted missing parent');
  sp_cust_hier_dnorm_2();
  dbms_output.put_line('table denormalised');
  sp_control_customer_insert('D');
exception
  when others then 
    l_err_msg:=sqlerrm;
    dbms_output.put_line('Sql error '|| l_err_msg);
end;
/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stored Procedure on NT/SQLServer

Hi: How will I execute a Stored Procedure that sits on NT/SQLServer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayohan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to call stored procedure from unix script

Hi Guys, I have a stored procedure which has 5 out parameters. I need to call the stored procedure from the script. When i use the following in my script, db2 "CALL FCFM.PART_MASTER_TMP($Return_code,$Message,$Message1,$SQL,$Load_count)" >> $LOG_FILE I am getting an error.. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to call 3 stored procedure at the same time

Hi GUYS, I need to trigger 3 stored procedure at the same time.. I know how to trigger the stored procedure. If anybody can tell me how to trigger 3 different process at the same time parallelly.. that would be helpful.. Thanks for your help in advance, Magesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to call sqlloader from stored procedure!!! Advise

Hi , I have a dellimited .dat file and a sqlloader. I want to call the sqlloader from a oracle stored procedure. The procedure should return the result of sqlloader's execution. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to call oracle stored procedure from unix shell

Hi i want to call a oracle stored procedure from unix (using bash shell). consider this is my oracle stored procedure with parameter create procedure testproc(name IN varchar, age IN Number, id OUT Number ) AS begin id=1; dbms_output.put.line('successfull validation') end;... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call and redirect output of Oracle stored procedure from unix script

Hi, Can you assist me in how to redirect the output of oracle stored procedure from unix script? Something similar to what i did for sybase isql -U$MYDBLOG -D$MYDBNAME -S$MYDBSVR -P$MYDBPWD -o$MYFILE<< %% proc_my_test 8 go %% Thanks in advance - jak (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create and call mysql stored procedure in perl?

Hi, I want to create MySQL stored procedure and call the stored procedure using perl. I tried like this: use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect ("DBI:mysql:test", "root", "ibab", { RaiseError => 1, PrintError => 0}); $create_procedure =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a stored procedure from shell program?

How to call a stored procedure from shell program (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noorm
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call stored procedure with CLOB out parameter from shell script?

I have written a stored procedure in oracle database, which is having a CLOB OUT parameter. How can i call this stored procedure from shell script and get the CLOB object in shell script variable? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stored Procedure not executing

below code is not executing the stored procedure,not sure what the issue.Even sqllog is blank.please help me its very urgent. sqlplus -s $connect_str@$DB_ORACLE_SID >> ${SQL_LOG_FILE} << EOF set serverout on set feed off set head off set pages 0 set colsep , set tab off set lin 150... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies
return(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							 return(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
return - Return from a procedure SYNOPSIS
return ?-code code? ?-errorinfo info? ?-errorcode code? ?string? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Return immediately from the current procedure (or top-level command or source command), with string as the return value. If string is not specified then an empty string will be returned as result. EXCEPTIONAL RETURNS
In the usual case where the -code option isn't specified the procedure will return normally (its completion code will be TCL_OK). However, the -code option may be used to generate an exceptional return from the procedure. Code may have any of the following values: ok Normal return: same as if the option is omitted. error Error return: same as if the error command were used to terminate the procedure, except for handling of errorInfo and errorCode variables (see below). return The current procedure will return with a completion code of TCL_RETURN, so that the procedure that invoked it will return also. break The current procedure will return with a completion code of TCL_BREAK, which will terminate the innermost nested loop in the code that invoked the current procedure. continue The current procedure will return with a completion code of TCL_CONTINUE, which will terminate the current iteration of the innermost nested loop in the code that invoked the current procedure. value Value must be an integer; it will be returned as the completion code for the current procedure. The -code option is rarely used. It is provided so that procedures that implement new control structures can reflect exceptional condi- tions back to their callers. Two additional options, -errorinfo and -errorcode, may be used to provide additional information during error returns. These options are ignored unless code is error. The -errorinfo option specifies an initial stack trace for the errorInfo variable; if it is not specified then the stack trace left in errorInfo will include the call to the procedure and higher levels on the stack but it will not include any information about the context of the error within the procedure. Typically the info value is supplied from the value left in errorInfo after a catch command trapped an error within the procedure. If the -errorcode option is specified then code provides a value for the errorCode variable. If the option is not specified then errorCode will default to NONE. SEE ALSO
break(n), continue(n), error(n), proc(n) KEYWORDS
break, continue, error, procedure, return Tcl 7.0 return(n)