Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX No VGA card and I need to know server IP Post 302899125 by Mohannad on Sunday 27th of April 2014 08:21:45 AM
Old 04-27-2014
No VGA card and I need to know server IP

Dear All,

I have Power7 server, and I want to know its IP address.
The server have no VGA card, only serial port.
Kindly tell me how to know its IP using serial cable?

Thanks a lot

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X Server on AIX w/o video card

Hi there, I'm a newbie so please be patient. I wanted to know if it was possible to run X server on a box w/o a video card. The reason I want to do this is I'd like to have a CDE session from sun workstation into the AIX box. Please let me know if this is feasible. Thanks for your time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blah00000
5 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Vga Installation

what is the procedure of installing a vga on the unix desktop? i have a dell machine optiplex gx 520 and it doesnt pick the vga i tryed other vga s but graphics are so poor? pls help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linus Aloo
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Ultra1 server. installing solaris without a graphic card?

i just got a sun ultra 1 from a guy. (for free) but it has no graphic card. how do install solaris 8 ? and how do i controll it afterwards ? ssh ? thanks Mads Nielsen (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sparcstation 5 graphics card in Ultra 1 server

is it possible to swap the Turbo XGX graphics card in the SS5 to the ULTRA server 1 ? and do they use the same type of RAM ? Thx. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mads-nielsen
0 Replies

5. Solaris

How do I find what kind of NIC card the server has?

All, I see that there are 2 nic card available . How can I know all the details about these 2 nic cards. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10 Apr 16 15:00 hostname.bge0 -rw-r--r-- 1 root other 17 Apr 22 08:56 hostname.bge2 please let me know thanks -prasad (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: p4cldba
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

linux server with raid controller card

I am planning on building a fedora box with raid controller (database server). Is anybody done that ? also what kind of software do you need to backup and recover data. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amir07
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

X server on HP-UX without graphics card

Hi Gurus, I'm trying to install Oracle on HP-UX 11.23. The Oracle installer needs an X server running on the box. You then start an X client on your PC, export the DISPLAY on UNIX and the installer displays on your PC. The problem is that my HP boxes do not have graphics cards installed. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kskywr
6 Replies

8. Programming

vga assembly question

Im trying to make a vga program for linux Im wondering if anyone knows of a simple document on the subject or if someone could show me some basics. What system calls should I use what parameters should I give them. How do I draw a line of pixels green after in vga mode. I prefer nasm but I can use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Errigour
2 Replies

9. Linux

Vga passtrough with only one monitor,is possible?

I have one monitor,two vga cards,one is nvidia(host) the other ati rs450(guest),I use this script for use a vm windows with a native gpu(the ati rs450) I see this video and seems to be possible using only one monitor,but I don't understand how to do The video QEMU VGA passthrough without a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies
iscc(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   iscc(7)

NAME
iscc - serial communications interface SYNOPSIS
controller iscc0 at isa0 DESCRIPTION
An onboard Zilog 8530 DUART provides AXPvme-based Single Board Computers with console (CON) and auxiliary (AUX) serial communications ports. Both serial communications ports can operate at baud rates from B50 to B38400, excluding B134 (see tty(7)). On AXPvme Single Board Computers configured with a graphics head as the system console, the CON serial communications port (/dev/tty01) is available for use by application programs as an additional communications port. In the absence of a graphics head, the CON serial communications port (/dev/console) becomes the system console. When used as the serial system console, the CON serial communications port always operates at 9600 BPS, 8-bits, and no parity. Regardless of system console, the AUX serial communications port (/dev/tty00) is always available for use by application programs. RESTRICTIONS
Data communications equipment attached to the CON serial communications port must be set to 9600 BPS, 8-bits, no parity when configured as the serial system console. The iscc terminal driver enforces this restriction. No modem control is supported for either the CON or AUX serial communications ports. FILES
console terminal local terminal local terminal RELATED INFORMATION
console(7), devio(7), tty(7), MAKEDEV(8) delim off iscc(7)