Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Foreach .gz file in a directory -- Not working Post 302898987 by IB_88 on Friday 25th of April 2014 10:18:13 AM
Old 04-25-2014
that is typing mistake. I am using .gz

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Getting present working directory

How can I get the present working directory in unix system using c programming and stored it in a string ?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: winsonlee
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

working directory shown

Hi, How do I get my working directory always shown in the unix editor? i.e if I am now at /Home/abc/xyz/, I want to see this absolute path displayed ( and now only display when I type pwd). thanks for the kind help. Regrads (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swchee
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

how could I get process working directory

how could I use c program to get HP UX process working directory (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alert0919
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script: foreach file -> targzip

Hi there, I need some help with a shell script (I'm no sh script expert, but I hope this will explain how I want my script):dir = /home/user/files/ foreach(*.jpg file in $dir) { tar -cf $file(-.jpg).tar $file;gzip $file(-.jpg).tar } mv -f $dir*tar.gz /home/user/pictures/ Thanks for any... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: JKMlol
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

put working directory in file

how to put pwd in my file my working directory is /usr/my_dir below my file aaaaaa bbbbbb so output file become /usr/my_dir aaaaaa bbbbbb (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulabc
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop working in terminal but not in the script

Hi, I am new here I have used the forums a long time to search for things they are very helpful. I have unfortunately used up all my resources (professors, grad students) and need some help. I have this very simple piece of code (using to isolate the problem) in a csh script: #!/bin/csh... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bflinchum
12 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop that skips the header line of a file (csh)

Hello all, I'm working on a foreach loop to compare a couple sets of data. However, each datafile includes a header row. I'm wondering if it is possible to tell the foreach loop to skip the first line of data. I've been using the basic code as follows: foreach line ("`file.csv`") set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meteorologistks
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL foreach & open not working together

My script is as below: my $tile_list = `egrep "FCFP_TILE_LIST.*=" ${BudgetDir}/tile.params | sed -e 's/FCFP_TILE_LIST//' | sed -e 's/=//'`; print "Tile List = ".$tile_list."\n"; my @tiles = split(/\s+/, $tile_list); $unconst_out = "${DestDir}/Unconstrained_ports.rpt"; $check_tim_out =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuchi7
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading foreach variable from a text file

Hello, I have a text file named "foreach.txt" which reads like --- foreach cal ( 1 2 3 4 5 ) I am using a simple script which looks like --- #!/bin/tcsh foreach cal (1 2 3 4 5) echo "$cal" end Is it possible to modify the script in such a way that instead of writing foreach cal (1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
6 Replies
addbib(1)						      General Commands Manual							 addbib(1)

Name
       addbib - create or extend bibliographic database

Syntax
       addbib [-p promptfile] [-a] database

Description
       When  this program starts up, answering ``y'' to the initial ``Instructions?'' prompt yields directions; typing ``n'' or RETURN skips them.
       The command then prompts for various bibliographic fields, reads responses from the terminal, and sends output records to  a  database.	 A
       null  response (just RETURN) means to leave out that field.  A minus sign (-) means to go back to the previous field.  A trailing backslash
       allows a field to be continued on the next line.  The repeating ``Continue?'' prompt allows the user either to resume by  typing  ``y''	or
       RETURN, to quit the current session by typing ``n'' or ``q'', or to edit the database with any system editor ( ).

Options
       -a   Suppresses prompting for an abstract.  Asking for an abstract is the default.  Abstracts are ended with a CTRL/D.

-p   Causes use of a new prompting skeleton, defined in promptfile.  This file should contain prompt strings, a tab, and the key-letters to
	    be written to the database.

The most common key-letters and their meanings are given below.	The insulates you from these key-letters, since it gives  you  prompts	in
       English.  However, if you edit the bibliography file later, you need this information.

%A	 Author's name
	    %B	 Book containing article referenced
	    %C	 City (place of publication)
	    %D	 Date of publication
	    %E	 Editor of book containing article referenced
	    %F	 Footnote number or label (supplied by refer)
	    %G	 Government order number
	    %H	 Header commentary, printed before reference
	    %I	 Issuer (publisher)
	    %J	 Journal containing article
	    %K	 Keywords to use in locating reference
	    %L	 Label field used by -k option of refer
	    %M	 Bell Labs Memorandum (undefined)
	    %N	 Number within volume
	    %O	 Other commentary, printed at end of reference
	    %P	 Page number(s)
	    %Q	 Corporate or Foreign Author (unreversed)
	    %R	 Report, paper, or thesis (unpublished)
	    %S	 Series title
	    %T	 Title of article or book
	    %V	 Volume number
	    %X	 Abstract - used by roffbib, not by refer
	    %Y,Z ignored by refer

Except for `A', each field should be given once.  Only relevant fields should be supplied.  An example is:

%A	 Bill Tuthill
	    %T	 Refer - A Bibliography System
	    %I	 Computing Services
	    %C	 Berkeley
	    %D	 1982
	    %O	 UNX 4.3.5.

Files
       promptfile     Optional file to define prompting

See Also
       indxbib(1), lookbib(1), refer(1), roffbib(1), sortbib(1)

addbib(1)