Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Allign the text result of a for/next cicle Post 302898983 by drl on Friday 25th of April 2014 10:08:58 AM
Old 04-25-2014
Hi.

The utility align is more general, results for align filename:
Code:
ID:  1234 Server:    10 Client: 20
ID:   123 Server:   200 Client: 30
ID: 12345 Server:  1200 Client:  1

Note that by default numbers are right-adjusted, other strings left. See: align for details.

Best wishes ... cheers, drl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allign text html

Hi All How do I allign these lines html,thank you <span class="time"><strong> 06:00 </strong></span> <div class="cDesc" style="display: none"> TEXTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT </div> <div class="cTitle" style="display: none"> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Novice-
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

for cicle and awk

Hi, I wrote the following script: #! /bin/bash for ((i = 1600; i < 3700; i = i + 100)) do awk '{if ($16 > "'$i'"-101 && $16 < "'$i'") print $0 }' prova > prova1 done which is supposed to print, from the original file "prova" in the new file prov1 , only the data that at the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danile
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Allign the output

Hi I have an SQL which returns me the o/p as below in an unformatted manner Table Size No. ============================================= DEF 22 2 PAF 3 1 99D 12 1 USERS 6 1 04D 4 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying Result to a Text File

Hi; I am scripting in Shell and i want to write output (on screen) to a text file? ... | tee gcsw/output.txt doesnot work? :(:( (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gc_sw
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Text in Result File Name

Hi Below command is returning the list of files which having this string "MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS". find . -name "*"|xargs grep -il MTL_SYSTEM_ITEMS Ex: Above command is returing 2 files (Out of 10 files 2 files having this string). ./file1.txt and ./file2.txt Here I want to append... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output thre result to a text file?

Dear All I have a script file like the following: ..... ..... Variable_1 = 888 Variable_2 = 999 ..... MyExternalProgram Myfile ..... The line MyExternalProgram Myfile will generate some number, Say 777 Now I hope I can output the result of above codes to a text file,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to allign output data in UNIX that is separated with a pipe "|" symbol ?

Experts , In the given output of the log file, the 2nd field that is separated by "|" pipe is not aligned well due to the uneven data length, I would like it to align the 2nd column with 37 length (that is disturbed in the output) including the pipe . The two pepe "|" would be in a aligned way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save result to a text file

Currently I have a perl code to combine two different files. #! /usr/bin/perl -w use strict; open FP1,"A.txt"; open FP2,"B.txt"; my ($l1,$l2); while(1) { $l1=<FP1>; chomp $l1; $l2=<FP2>; chomp $l2; last unless(defined $l1 or defined $l2); print "$l1 $l2\n"; } close FP2;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzeronone
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse file and display result based on text

I am trying using awk to open an input file and check a column 2/field $2 and if there is a warning then that is displayed (variantchecker): G not found at position 459, found A instead. The attached Sample1.txt is that file. If in that column/field there is a black space, then the text after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Average result of text file

Hi all I have created a script to allow me to gain a number of file times and how long they take to execute. I have been asked to get the average time for the log. The log will update every 5 minutes and never be empty. 141 152 157 161 168 169 171 179 202 207 229 651 666 714... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
3 Replies
RHN_REGISTER(8) 						   Red Hat, Inc.						   RHN_REGISTER(8)

NAME
rhn_register - Connect to Spacewalk Server, Red Hat Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhn_register [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_register is a client program that registers your system with "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". After registering, your system can receive software updates, install new software, and remotely manage your system. It can run both in graphical and text modes. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --nox Run in text mode. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto "Spacewalk Server" or "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic". This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by Red Hat client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHN_REGISTER(8)