Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? UNIX field scope in European countries Post 302898901 by nightup2222 on Thursday 24th of April 2014 10:50:22 PM
Old 04-24-2014
UNIX field scope in European countries

Hi,
I have been working in India since past 13 years and as per Indian IT culture, there will be saturation in Salary which barely matches with rising living costs in India.
I am thinking to move/work in some other country for few years at least which help me financially plus technically. As of now, US via (H1) seems to be too tough to get, Australia doesn't have much UNIX field (what I heard and read), Singapore is already crowded where people are ready to work long hours and on lower wages.
I just want to have an idea about UNIX jobs and wages in European countries. Like how much are their monthly salaries and before that, are there opening for foreign resources ?
I know language is a one mandate thing, but I have time to learn it, since it is my long term plan. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Forgive me if this is not the right forum to post such questions, but I thought this site is visited by most Unix people around the world.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL into UNIX\Oracle - European Characters

Hi All! I'm new to Unix\Oracle but have been working with MS SQL Server for 8 years. I'm in the process of migrating data from MS to Oracle and have hit a problem. Some of the information I'm porting over has the following characters in it: ü and Ö to show a few. I'm able to export them out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PattyHernon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Cost and the scope of the system

Hi I'm recently learning about Unix. I'd like to know more about it specially what is the cost to set up a Unix system and the scope of the system. Where can I find this information? Can anyone help? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danlercar
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging two files where countries are repeated

I have gone through various posts in this forum but could not locate where the repeated columns are there .Hence posted this post. File 1(colon seperated file) =============== Abc : 1234 : London Def : 2456 : Paris Efg :1456 : Newyork Fgh : 1324 : Tokyo Hjk : 5829 : California Lmn :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vakharia Mahesh
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

scope of oracle plsql development /unix shell scripting

I am working in production support in an leading bank and more of my job is more in oracle/plsql. I am learning unix shell scripting and have started development in the same.I would like to know regarding the scope of these two in the industry.Also would like to know about other scripting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jesthomas
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintain Scope of the variable in UNIX

Hi All Is there is any way to maintain the scope of the variable in unix Example x=1 j=1 while do .. .... .... while do .. .. x=x+1 done #inner most while loop ends here done #outer loop ends here (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Parsing countries file

Hi All I would like to take contries for this file http://www.textfixer.com/resources/dropdowns/country-dropdown-iso-html.txt and save it in another file with the following structure . Afghanistan, Åland Islands , Albania, Algeria, American Samoa Can anyone help me to do this ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: molwiko
3 Replies
A5BOOKLET(1)						      General Commands Manual						      A5BOOKLET(1)

NAME
a5booklet - copy two A5 pages from a .dvi file to one A4 page in another. SYNOPSIS
a5booklet file[.dvi] DESCRIPTION
A5booklet is a little script that allows you to typeset two A5 pages next to eachother on a single A4 page (landscape), combining pages from the original file in such a way that after double sided printing and some reshuffeling of the pages you get a nice a5 booklet that is ready for a staple in the middle. The script calls a very clever program dvidvi, written by Tomas Rokicki (the author of dvips), that does the real work. The output is written to two files, file-1.dvi and file-2.dvi dvips -ta4 -tlandscape file-1 then put the stack upside doen in the printer, and print the second file using dvips -ta4 -tlandscape file-2 Make sure that the bottom of the A5-pages is on the correct side of the paper when you put the stack back for printing the back side. After the two print jobs, you must re-shuffle the paper stack before you can staple it. SEE ALSO
tex(1), dvips(1), dvidvi(1). BUGS
The script has A4 papersize hardwired into it. Admittedly, a European-centered way of thinking. Page number 1 is always the first page in the original .dvi file, not the page numbered 1 by TeX's numbering scheme. AUTHOR
A5booklet is written by David A. van Leeuwen (david@ElseWare.cistron.nl), but is is not original in any way. The main two lines that do the work are inspired from the man page of dvidvi. A5booklet is available under the conditions of the Gnu Public Licence. OCTOBER 1997 A5BOOKLET(1)