Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Input Email ID Validation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Input Email ID Validation Post 302898895 by pilnet101 on Thursday 24th of April 2014 07:58:39 PM
Old 04-24-2014
This below code should work for validating the email:

Code:
awk -F"@" 'BEGIN{RS=","}{gsub(/^ +| +$/,"")}{if (!($2 ~ /^app.com *$/) || ($1 ~ "[@ ]")) f++};END{rc=(f)?"1":"0";exit rc}'

It will exit reason code $? as 1 if validate fails and as 0 if it is success. So you can just use an if test after this is run and prompt user using echos accordingly.

Last edited by pilnet101; 04-24-2014 at 10:33 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input validation ?

I am trying to validate user input, at the moment what i have is as below :- echo "\n\tPlease, enter package name to import: \c" read PACKAGE So far this works perfect , But if the user does not input any thing it stalls :( What I need is, If the user does not enter the name of the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemali
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

EMail Address Validation (Shell Script)

Hi, Can anyone provide me the code snippet for EMail Address Validation. User is going to enter the email address in form window. I need to validate the format is correct. Thanks in Advance BS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajiora
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line user input validation

Hi guys, I have a piece of snippet below which asks the user to input some numbers if isDatasubEnabled && isReconEnabled; then echo "1 = CGT, 2 = Subscriber, 3 = Order Monitor, 4 = Revaluations, 5 = Reconciliation, 6 = All, 7 = Exit" elif isDatasubEnabled &&... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyscho
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to do validation the input requirement with if/else

Hello Everyone, I have the following script; ------------------------------------------------------------------ #!/bin/ksh set HSC=$1 set SEX=$2 set EXP='export ORACLE_SID=AFISDB' if ($#argv !=2); then echo Usage $0 HSC SEX else date > modify_gender_trace.txt $EXP echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input Validation of comma separated values

Hello all, I am working on a script and have the first part solved of numerical input validation. Below the code validates that the input is a numerical value between 100 and 1000. If not, it errors out. Now I need to be able to read values separated by a comma. For example, instead of my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input validation of file

Hi, I'm trying to do input validation for a file. If the user fails to enter a file name, the script should prompt for the file name or exit. I'm using this script to integrate with a bigger script which does ftp of the files which are "read". #!/bin/ksh echo "enter a file name" if then... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_bd
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: How to improve with minimal validation of its input??

The Code: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; print "Please enter numbers, separated by commas: "; my $data=<STDIN>; chomp $data; my @dataset=split(/,/, $data); my $sum = 0; foreach my $num (@dataset) { $sum += $num; } my $total_nums = scalar(@dataset); my $mean =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 300zxmuro
1 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Validation in user input in batch script

I need to insert the validation in my batch script.When user enter the value it should be numeric+minimum length should be 2 for e.g. 02,03 if he puts 1a,1A,2a3 t hen should print the message that it is wrong and print te message enter valid value. Echo RC is in format of 02 set /p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
2 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Put the numeric validation in user input when value is 5.1.2.3

Hi I need to put the validation in batch script when user will enter the build number it should be numeric.I can put the validation for numeric values but there is .(dot) in number so it would not take it as numeric. Is it possible we can store it in variable and remove the .(dot) from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Reset email validation

Guys, I'm coming back from having not visited the site for a several years. I remember my account name (see above), but forgot what I used for my password. Also, My original email address is no longer accessible so I am not able to reset it. I can send someone a private email if to grant... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AKelam_MagnusA
0 Replies
rt-email-group-admin(8) 				     Request Tracker Reference					   rt-email-group-admin(8)

NAME
rt-email-group-admin - Command line tool for administrating NotifyGroup actions SYNOPSIS
rt-email-group-admin --list rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify foo team' --group Foo rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify foo team as comment' --comment --group Foo rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify group Foo and Bar' --group Foo --group Bar rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify user foo@bar.com' --user foo@bar.com rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify VIPs' --user vip1@bar.com rt-email-group-admin --add 'Notify VIPs' --user vip2@bar.com --group vip1 --user vip3@foo.com rt-email-group-admin --rename 'Notify VIPs' --newname 'Inform VIPs' rt-email-group-admin --switch 'Notify VIPs' rt-email-group-admin --delete 'Notify user foo@bar.com' DESCRIPTION
This script list, create, modify or delete scrip actions in the RT DB. Once you've created an action you can use it in a scrip. For example you can create the following action using this script: rt-email-group-admin --create 'Notify developers' --group 'Development Team' Then you can add the followoing scrip to your Bugs queue: Condition: On Create Action: Notify developers Template: Transaction Stage: TransactionCreate Your development team will be notified on every new ticket in the queue. USAGE
rt-email-group-admin --COMMAND ARGS COMMANDS
list Lists actions and its descriptions. create NAME [--comment] [--group GNAME] [--user UNAME] Creates new action with NAME and adds users and/or groups to its recipient list. Would be notify as comment if --comment specified. add NAME [--group GNAME] [--user UNAME] Adds groups and/or users to recipients of the action NAME. delete NAME Deletes action NAME if scrips doesn't use it. switch NAME Switch action NAME from notify as correspondence to comment and back. rename NAME --newname NEWNAME Renames action NAME to NEWNAME. NOTES If command has option --group or --user then you can use it more then once, if other is not specified. AUTHOR
Ruslan U. Zakirov <ruz@bestpractical.com> SEE ALSO
RT::Action::NotifyGroup, RT::Action::NotifyGroupAsComment perl v5.14.2 2013-05-22 rt-email-group-admin(8)