Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Normal VG to Enhanced Concurrent VG Post 302898870 by ibmtech on Thursday 24th of April 2014 03:50:20 PM
Old 04-24-2014
1st you need to make sure that "siebelvg" is going to be shared between nodes? if its not then you don't need to enable enhance concurrent on that, and if you are sharing the VG then
Change the VG to Big VG
run
Code:
lsvg siebelvg | egrep "MAX PVs:"   --> look for PV, for normal VG it will be 32

chvg -B siebelvg     --> This will change the VG to Big VG and this is dynamic, no need to varyoff vg.

lsvg siebelvg | egrep "MAX PVs:"   --> The PV no increases to 128

Now run 
lsattr -El siebelvg  --> ( and look for below)
auto_on       y 
conc_capable  n
Run

chvg -C siebelvg   --> This command will change the VG to enhance concurrent capable, and this is dynamic, no need to varyoff vg.

lsattr -El siebelvg  --> ( and look for below)
auto_on       n     --> Auto varyon will change to no
conc_capable  y   --> Enhance concurrent capable is changed to yes.

This User Gave Thanks to ibmtech For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C2 or enhanced security

We are using c2 / enhanced security on digital unix. I do not have access to the GUI. I need to get information on login status for users. Specifically I would like to know who has not logged in within the last 6 months. I think I can query the edauth files, but I can't find information on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

No concurrent login

Hi, I notice in my Sun Solaris 8 sparc workstatin, I am able to login concurrently using a same user ID. Is there a way to disallow this? That is, at anyone time, the user can have only 1 login session. How can it be done? Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Enhanced Password Authentication

Hello; I am moving a customer from Solaris 2.6 to Solaris 2.8. The customer has requested the following two requirements also be implemented: 1. Lock a user account out for X number of days after 3 unsuccessful login attempts. 2. No reuse of the last 5-10 passwords. Also referred to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rambo15
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

enhanced tcpdump is needed

Are there any standard programs in linux/unix like tcpdump that store packets' headers in db (Berkeley DB is preffered, including secondary db's to index stored headers by IP addesses, TCP flows, etc.), provide search in db and convert found headers to tcpdump dumpfile format? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
12 Replies

5. AIX

chvg -g on Concurrent VG

Hi, on normal (non concurrent) vgs, it's possible to extend a lun on san-storage , and use chvg -g to rewrite vgda, and use disks with the new size for lvm operations is the same procedure possbile on a hacmp-cluster (2 node in our case) with concurrent vgs in active/passive mode? cheers... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

enhanced substitution

Dear I have a problem on which I turn araound since hours. Hope you could help me. I have a bash script, which activates with "nohup ./script2 params & " several subscripts. In my main script, I have set lot's of variables, which I would pass into script 2. My idea is now to create a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pramach
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concurrent execution

Hi all, I have a folder with sql files that need to be inserted in a DB with SQL*Plus. The thing is that it takes too long to insert them all one by one, so I want to insert them five at a time. Currently what I use is this: for $FILENAME in *.sql do sqlplus -s $DBUSER@$SID << EOF ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convergent Enhanced Ethernet

Hi. I guess this my dummy question is for super-gurus. I'm on Red Hat' documentation regarding their RDMA capabilities over "convergent" Ethernet network. I read everything that I could find on inet, wikipedia etc. about the technology itself. I can't figure out, how can I determine if the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newlinuxuser1
0 Replies

9. AIX

Difference between concurrent and enhanced concurrent VG

Hi, What are the differences between concurrent and enhanced concurrent VGs.? Any advantages of enhanced concurrent VG over normal concurrent vg Regards, Siva (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgnathan
2 Replies

10. Solaris

NFS - concurrent write to same file normal ?

Hi all, Sorry if I sound like a novice , I have always thought that for network file system which can be shared, there will be some access restriction in which when user A is writing/editing fileA, user B is able to view the same fileA but cannot write/edit it until user A has... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
6 Replies
LSATTR(1)						      General Commands Manual							 LSATTR(1)

NAME
lsattr - list file attributes on a Linux second extended file system SYNOPSIS
lsattr [ -RVadlpv ] [ files... ] DESCRIPTION
lsattr lists the file attributes on a second extended file system. See chattr(1) for a description of the attributes and what they mean. OPTIONS
-R Recursively list attributes of directories and their contents. -V Display the program version. -a List all files in directories, including files that start with `.'. -d List directories like other files, rather than listing their contents. -l Print the options using long names instead of single character abbreviations. -p List the file's project number. -v List the file's version/generation number. AUTHOR
lsattr was written by Remy Card <Remy.Card@linux.org>. It is currently being maintained by Theodore Ts'o <tytso@alum.mit.edu>. BUGS
There are none :-). AVAILABILITY
lsattr is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net. SEE ALSO
chattr(1) E2fsprogs version 1.44.1 March 2018 LSATTR(1)