Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Explain awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Explain awk Post 302898851 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 24th of April 2014 12:10:30 PM
Old 04-24-2014
I agree, it is hard to understand. It would be better to use $1 for both files (replace $0 with $1), otherwise if there is one single space somewhere in de first file there will be a mismatch.. . So:
Code:
awk 'FNR==NR{A[$1]; next} !($1 in A)' recevied totallist > myOutputFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain awk

Hi, I found this command in this forum, but, couldnt understand much from it. could any one help me understand that??? the commands are : awk '{sub(/ ~/,""); printf $0 ($0~/\|$/?ORS:"")}' file1 > file2 awk '{sub(/~ */,x);printf $0(/\|$/?ORS:x)}' awk '{sub(/~ */,x);sub(/\|$/, "|\n")}8'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

plese explain awk '{print \$NF}'

please explain this awk '{print \$NF}' i have a command grep -i adding /logs/eap | grep -iv equation | awk '{print \$NF}' | sort -u | sed 's/\.\$//' >> /temp/t please explain the above awk and sed as well how it works and also what is \$NF (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - HELP pls explain this ?

echo "23.54" | awk ' function round(A) { return int( A + 0.5 ) } { printf("%d\n",round($1)); }'> > > > > > awk: syntax error near line 2 awk: bailing out near line 2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain this AWK script plz

Hi frnds, one my frnds has given resolution for my problem as below. it working great , but i couldnt understand somethings in the script. Why ++ operator after the function calling. how these each block working. will each run for each input line sequencially or one block for all the lines... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please explain this simple AWK example

awk '!_++' Most importantly, I want to know what the underscore does "!_" But ideally, please breakdown the whole thing. It is supposed to remove duplicate lines when found in a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please explain what this Awk code is doing

Hi Guys, Please help me, I am new to programming and I don’t understand what some parts of this code are doing. I have comments on the parts I know, please help if my understanding of the code is not correct and also help with parts with questions. awk ' { gsub( ">",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can Any people explain this awk command

Dear all , Can any people explain this awk command? What is the purpose of if (v++){b=$i;$i=""}? awk -F, '{for (i=1;i<=NF;i++){if (v++){b=$i;$i=""}};print $0} END { print "dups are" ;for ( i in b) print i}' OFS="," input_file This script is used to replace column duplicate value ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eldonlck
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Explain this awk

found this handy one liner in another thread which is closed, it does what i need but im trying to understand it. it basically matches the field that contains the value v and prints its position awk -F, '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)if($i==v)print i}' v=yourfield inputfile my understanding is assign... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack.bauer
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please explain AWK Fibonnaci for loop

Referring to this: #!/bin/awk -f BEGIN{ for(i=0;i<=10;i++) { if (i <=1 ) { x=0; y=1; print i; } else { z=x+y; print z; x=y; y=z; } } (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: p1ne
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Please explain the use of quotes in awk command in below example-

Example: `abc.ksh | grep '^GLIS'| awk -F' ' '{print \$1}'`; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
ttk::frame(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						     ttk::frame(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::frame - Simple container widget SYNOPSIS
ttk::frame pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::frame widget is a container, used to group other widgets together. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-borderwidth borderWidth] The desired width of the widget border. Defaults to 0. [-relief relief] One of the standard Tk border styles: flat, groove, raised, ridge, solid, or sunken. Defaults to flat. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pix- els. WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). NOTES
Note that if the pack, grid, or other geometry managers are used to manage the children of the frame, by the GM's requested size will nor- mally take precedence over the frame widget's -width and -height options. pack propagate and grid propagate can be used to change this. SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::labelframe(n), frame(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container Tk 8.5 ttk::frame(n)