Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tcsh to sh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tcsh to sh Post 302898700 by emily on Wednesday 23rd of April 2014 11:14:04 AM
Old 04-23-2014
Hello,
Thanks for reply.
A naive question what does '-e' implies?
I assumed it implies if that file ~/forum/dir/code.sh exist than source it. Am I right?

thanks again
emily

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcsh and redirect

Hello, maybe it is a silly question, but can somebody tell me how to do a redirect of errors in the t shell? Unix Newbie :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Micky
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh

I'm working on OpenOffice Localization; In that I need to work most of in 'tcsh' Since I have almost work till now in 'bash', I want to explore 'tcsh' much more .. An body suggest me a way ? books ? Thanks, :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartik
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with this tcsh script.!!!!

I need to write a tcsh script which would compare files in the two folders and then send me a mail saying which of the files are missing.For eg 1) I have this folder1 containing all the files which must land on folder2 on a daily basis. 2) If a file is present in folder1 but not in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help in tcsh

am working in tcsh while writing a script, what is diff between foll two starting line #!/bin/csh #!/bin/csh -f Also can I use the same line for script in tcsh or I have to necessarily use #!/bin/tcsh I guess even #!/bin/sh will also do. Kindly clarify (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahendrakamath
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

About tcsh shell

Hello, Why tcsh shell is not recommended ? then which one is better ? Also can you please let me know how to change own shell and config file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darshakraut
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimals in TCSH

Hello, I want to run a loop with non-integer values (which I know I can't) so I've created a loop of integers and divided it by 10. However, these values are always rounded down to 1 significant figure. How do I get the script to keep and use the decimal value? My script is as follows #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DFr0st
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh problem

Hi, I'm having a problem getting my terminal history working, I have the following set in my .cshrc file: set history=40 set savehist=40 set histfile=~/.tcsh_history but NO information is being wrote to tcsh_history??? Info: OS - FC14 -rw------- tcsh_history Shell:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bic121
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh help

Does anyone no way my .tcsh_history file is filling up with a bunch of crap?? It is filled with lines like: ! ls eccracrascratcd ! ls mecd /hchoo "cratch2/mecd /sch2/mecd /sh2/mecd /scratchcd /scratch2/mecd /scratcraecd /ls mo "ls" > ! ls eccratch2/mecd /sc/ls"d /scratch2/mecd histecho "ls" o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bic121
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in tcsh script

Hi All, I wrote a tcsh script, but being a beginner it took me lots of efforts and on top of that I am still struggling with little modifications here and there. kindly have a loop. Line1 : I want it to run maximum of "Max" Which I am providing outside loop. So how the "for" should be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrjrasaxena
10 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)