Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux UNIX - FTP changing the mode while transfering the files Post 302898676 by Scrutinizer on Wednesday 23rd of April 2014 09:39:25 AM
Old 04-23-2014
In ftp the commands are binary and ascii respectively, so issue these commands before you do your mgets.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfering files unix to pc

Hi, I'm an intern at a business that just acquired a company that ran off the unix system. They have files on this workstation that they would like to move to a windows XP pro system, but no one (myself included) has enough unix knowledge to know how to do this. It's my understanding that this can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: intern
8 Replies

2. IP Networking

Transfering file through FTP through Binary Mode

Hi, I'm uploading files using internet explorer. 1.Open internet explorer 6.0 2.Open site like ftp://172.45.15.1 3.Copy files The files which I'm copying are basically zip files. What is the default transfer mode, I mean ASCII/BINARY ???. The problem I'm facing, while extracting these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronald_brayan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfering files from windows to unix box through sftp

Hello All, we have scenarion where we need to pull the Files from Windows to Unix Box through SFTP protocol. as per our analysis we did install the cygwin package on the Windows Box to have the openSSH package functionality. 1.Will openSSH help us to achieve the functionality what we are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get files using https mode in unix scripts

Hello Friends, I have a requirement to connect and get files from a server using https protocol. 1) COuld you please advise on how to establish connection between my server and remote server to get files using https mode. any special procedure apart from FTP ? 2) also give me some code... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP is not transfering pdf files correctly

HI Experts, I have following code to FTP all pdf files from remote (win sever) to Linux box. function LsFiles(){ ftp -n -i -v $HT <<end_ftp user $USR $PASSWD cd $DIRNAME ls "-lrt *.pdf" bye end_ftp } LsFiles > list_of_files.txt function getFiles(){ ftp -n -i -v $HT <<end_ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipeshvshah
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing mode of files in subdirectories

Hi I actually need to change the mode to 777 in the current directory as well as subdirectories how to achieve that. I have /usr/sol/home/workfold as the main directory there are many directies and files in the workfold directory . I need to chmod 777 to all the directories and files under... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script for transfering files

Hi, I am new to shell scripting,and i was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. All configuration should be done through a properties files.I was planning that All configuration should be done through a properties files. and finally the output should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script . When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it . My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to send files using Binary mode

I am using below code to send files into ascii mode.what changes will I have to do to send files into Binary mode ? ftp -in <<FIN open $SAP_UP_SERVER user $SAP_UP_USER $SAP_UP_PASSWORD asc put $PM00_OUTPUTS_DIRECTORY/$SAP_UP_FILE_CSV /SAP_UP_FILE_CSV quit FIN (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nitin Varshneya
1 Replies
tftp(1c)																  tftp(1c)

Name
       tftp - trivial file transfer program

Syntax
       tftp [host] [port]

Description
       The  command  provides  the  user interface to the Internet standard Trivial File Transfer Protocol.  The program allows a user to transfer
       files to and from a remote network site.  The remote host can be specified on the command line.	If you specify the remote host on the com-
       mand line uses host as the default host for future transfers.

If  a  port is specified, uses that port number instead of the standard service port.  When the user invokes the program enters its command
       interpreter and awaits instructions.  The prompt tftp> is displayed on the screen.

The following commands are recognized by

?		   Displays a help message that gives a brief summary of the commands.

ascii		   Specifies mode ascii.

binary		   Specifies mode binary.

connect host-name [ port ]
			   Sets the host and, optionally, sets port for transfers.  Note that the TFTP	protocol  does	not  maintain  connections
			   between transfers.  Because merely remembers what host should be used for transfers instead of actually creating a con-
			   nection, it is not necessary to use the command.  The remote host can be specified as part of the or commands.

get remote-file... [ local-file ]
			   Gets a file or set of files from the specified sources.  If the host has already been specified, the source can  be	in
			   the	form of a filename on the remote host.	If the host has not been specified, the source can be a string of the form
			   host:file, specifying both a host and filename at the same time.  If the latter form is used, the last hostname entered
			   becomes the default for future transfers.

mode		   Sets the file transfer type to network ASCII or binary.  The default type is network ASCII.

put local-file... [ remote-file/directory ]
			   Puts  a file or set of files to the specified remote file or directory.  If the remote host has already been specified,
			   the destination can be a filename on it.  If the remote host has not been specified, the destination can be a string of
			   the	form  host:filename,  specifying  both a host and filename at the same time.  If the latter form is used, the last
			   hostname entered becomes the default for future transfers.  If the remote-directory form is used, the  remote  host	is
			   assumed to be a UNIX machine.

quit		   Exits the program.

rexmt		   Sets the retransmit timer.

status		   Shows what believes to be the current connection status.

timeout		   Set the transaction timeout.

trace		   Sets the packet trace flag.

verbose		   Sets the verbose mode flag.

Restrictions
       Since the TFTP protocol does not support any authentication, files must be world read (writable) on the remote system.

Because	there  is  no user-login validation within the TFTP protocol, the remote site should have some sort of file access restrictions in
       place.  The exact methods are specific to each site.

tftp(1c)