Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help to understand this small script Post 302898658 by Makarand Dodmis on Wednesday 23rd of April 2014 08:27:26 AM
Old 04-23-2014
ok Smilie will avoid henceforth
This User Gave Thanks to Makarand Dodmis For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help wanted to understand MQ script

hi , i am writing a script to copy the MQ messages from onw queue to another. The following i got from one site, but i di not understand , can anyone explain. /root/scripts/sap/q -m$Q_MANAGER -i$Q_NAME_SRC_1 -F/logs/mq/MQ_COPYdump_$Q_NAME_SRC_1.$$ /root/scripts/sap/q -m$Q_MANAGER... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't understand the script

I am relatively new to Shell Scripting. I can't understand the following two scripts. Can someone please spare a minute to explain? 1) content s of file a are (021) 654-1234 sed 's/(//g;s/)//g;s/ /-/g' a 021-654-1234 2)cut -d: -f1,3,7 /etc/passwd |sort -t: +1n gives error (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahdharmit
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to understand the script

Hi All; Is there anybody can explain this script please? trap 'C_logmsg "F" "CNTL/c OS signal trapped, Script ${G_SCRIPTNAME] terminated"; exit 1' 2 trap 'C_logmsg "F" "Kill Job Event sent from the Console, Script ${G_SCRIPTNAME] terminated"; exit 1' 15 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thankbe
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me understand the Perl script..

#!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; print "Demo of array slicing \n"; my @abc="a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z"; my @a=@abc; my @random=@abc; my @comp=@abc; my @comp1=(@abc,"Hello",@abc); print "abc is @abc \n"; print "a is @a \n"; print "random is @random \n";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need small help to understand algorithm

Hi! all I am reading one research paper in that I found one peak detection algorithm, I am just trying to understand how it works please anyone help me to convert algorithm to awk as I am not able to understand, here I am attaching that paper also, please help me to understand this logic (Page... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to understand a script

Hello world! Can someone please explain me how this code works? I'ts supposed to find words in a dictionary and show the anagrams of the words. { part = word2key($1) data = $1 } function word2key(word, a, i, x, result) { x = split(word, a, "") asort(a) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jose2802
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't understand script output

New to korn shel1 and having an issue. The following is suppose to read the parameter values from files in a source directory and then pass them on to a log file in a different directory, The ArchiveTracker scripts is suppose to call the parameterreader script to exact the parameter values and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bayouprophet
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to understand the below shell script

Please help me to understand the below 3 lines of code.execute shell in jenkins 1)APP_IP=$( docker inspect --format '{{ .NetworkSettings.Networks.'"$DOCKER_NETWORK_NAME"'.IPAddress }}' ${PROJECT_NAME_KEY}"-CI" ) 2)HOST_WORKSPACE=$(echo ${WORKSPACE} | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naresh85
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help me understand this script

#!/bin/awk -f BEGIN {i=1;file="modified.txt"} { if ($0 !~ /^DS:/) {print $0 >> file} else { if ($0 ~ /^DS:/) {print "DS: ",i >> file;if (i==8) {i=1} else {i++}}; } } END {gzip file} Can someone explain to me how this above script works, I got it from a friend but not able... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamesh G
3 Replies
XSetClipRectangles()													      XSetClipRectangles()

Name
  XSetClipRectangles - change clip_mask in a graphics context to a list of rectangles.

Synopsis
  XSetClipRectangles(display, gc, clip_x_origin,
	    clip_y_origin, rectangles, n, ordering)
	Display *display;
	GC gc;
	int clip_x_origin, clip_y_origin;
	XRectangle rectangles[];
	int n;
	int ordering;

Arguments
  display     Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

gc	      Specifies the graphics context.

clip_x_origiSpecify the x and y coordinates of the clip origin (interpreted later relative to the window drawn into with this GC).
  clip_y_origin
  rectangles  Specifies an array of rectangles.  These are the rectangles you want drawing clipped to.

n	      Specifies the number of rectangles.

ordering    Specifies the ordering relations of the rectangles.  Possible values are Unsorted, YSorted, YXSorted, or YXBanded.

Description
  XSetClipRectangles()	changes  the  clip_mask component in the specified GC to the specified list of rectangles and sets the clip origin to
  clip_x_origin and clip_y_origin.  The rectangle coordinates are interpreted relative to the clip origin.  The output from drawing  requests
  using  that GC are henceforth clipped to remain contained within the rectangles.  The rectangles should be nonintersecting, or the graphics
  results will be undefined.  If the list of rectangles is empty, output is effectively disabled as all space is clipped in that GC.  This is
  the opposite of a clip_mask of None in XCreateGC(), XChangeGC(), or XSetClipMask().

If  known  by the client, ordering relations on the rectangles can be specified with the ordering argument.  This may provide faster opera-
  tion by the server.  If an incorrect ordering is specified, the X server may generate a BadMatch error, but it is not required  to  do  so.
  If  no  error  is generated, the graphics results are undefined.  Unsorted means the rectangles are in arbitrary order.  YSorted means that
  the rectangles are nondecreasing in their y origin.  YXSorted additionally constrains YSorted order in that all rectangles with an equal  y
  origin  are  nondecreasing in their x origin.  YXBanded additionally constrains YXSorted by requiring that, for every possible horizontal y
  scan line, all rectangles that include that scan line have identical y origins and y extents.

To cancel the effect of this command, so that there is no clipping, pass None as the clip_mask in XChangeGC() or XSetClipMask().

For more information, see Volume One, Chapter 5, The Graphics Context.

Structures
     typedef struct {
	 short x,y;
	 unsigned short width, height;
     } XRectangle;

Errors
  BadAlloc

BadGC

BadMatch  Incorrect ordering (error message server-dependent).

BadValue

See Also
  XDefaultGC(), XChangeGC(), XCopyGC(), XCreateGC(), XFreeGC(), XGContextFromGC(), XSetArcMode(), XSetBackground(), XSetClipMask(),  XSetCli-
  pOrigin(),  XSetDashes(), XSetFillRule(), XSetFillStyle(), XSetForeground(), XSetFunction(), XSetGraphicsExposures(), XSetLineAttributes(),
  XSetPlaneMask(), XSetState(), XSetStipple(), XSetSubwindowMode(), XSetTSOrigin().

Xlib - Graphics Context 												      XSetClipRectangles()