Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find keywords, and append at the end of line Post 302898586 by SriniShoo on Tuesday 22nd of April 2014 10:20:13 PM
Old 04-22-2014
Give us sample data in outfile.txt and expected output, tmp
Please provide few rows in each file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append words at the end of first line

Hi Unix gurus This is my first post here. I have a file which looks like this: string1,string2 ,string3 ,string4 ... ... I need to append all words below first line to the first line, ie string1,string2,string3,string4,... Bear in mind that it is not known how many lines follow... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmatlebyane
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to append the pattern at the end of the line

-Hi I have multiple files which contain a line with the word "exec". I need to add the following pattern " -cmode -ccheap" on the same line where "exec" is at the end. Any idea? Thanks a lot in advance to everybody... -A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search directory-find files-append at end of line

Hi, I have a command "get_data" with some parameters in few *.text files of a directory. I want to first find those files that contain this command and then append the following parameter to the end of the command. example of an entry in the file :- get_data -x -m50 /etc/web/getid this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PrasannaKS
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

append end of line with 8 spaces

child_amt=$amount prev_line="$prev_line $child_amt" i am getting the result like this 21234567890001343 000001004OLFXXX029100020091112 0000060 but i want 8 spaces between the eg: 21234567890001343 000001004OLFXXX029100020091112 0000060 how can i do this in .ksh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kshuser
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append characters to end of line

Coding in unix shell script. Hi All, Please help Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam12345
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text to end of every line

I've scoured the internet with mixed results. As an amateur I turn to the great minds here. I have a text file of 80 or so lines. I want to add ".pdf" to the end of each line. (For now that's it) Most of the internet points toward using "sed". I don't know coding but can figure things out... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacebase
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find a certain line and append text to the end of the line

After I create printer queues in AIX, I have to append a filter file location within that printers custom file. within lets say test_queue.txt I need to find the row that starts with :699 and then I need to append on the end the string /usr/local/bin/k_portrait.sh. Now I've gotten the sed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peachclift
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Find a String and append a text end of the Line

Hi, I have a File, which have multiple rows. Like below 123456 Test1 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Approver XXXXXX. YYYY 123457 Test2 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Super XXXXXX. YYYY 123458 Test3 FNAME JRW#$% PB MO Approver XXXXXX. YYYY I want to search a line which contains PB MO Approver and append... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: java2006
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append this string to end of each line

Platform: Solaris 10 I have a file like below $ cat languages.txt Spanish Norwegian English Persian German Portugese Chinese Korean Hindi Malayalam Bengali Italian Greek Arabic I want to append the string " is a great language" at end of each line in this file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Pipes at the end of each line

Hi , I have pipe delimited file containing 12 columns having below data in AIX Input : A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L^M A1|B1|C1|D1|E1^M A2|B2|C2^M So in first row i have 11 pipes which is fine. In second row I have 4 pipes, so additional 7 pipes should get append In third row I have 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu_pal
3 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Extending - the mini-guide to extending File::Find::Rule SYNOPSIS
package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } 1; DESCRIPTION
File::Find::Rule went down so well with the buying public that everyone wanted to add extra features. With the 0.07 release this became a possibility, using the following conventions. Declare your package package File::Find::Rule::Random; use strict; Inherit methods from File::Find::Rule # take useful things from File::Find::Rule use base 'File::Find::Rule'; Force your madness into the main package # and force our crack into the main namespace sub File::Find::Rule::random () { my $self = shift()->_force_object; $self->exec( sub { rand > 0.5 } ); } Yes, we're being very cavalier here and defining things into the main File::Find::Rule namespace. This is due to lack of imaginiation on my part - I simply can't find a way for the functional and oo interface to work without doing this or some kind of inheritance, and inheritance stops you using two File::Find::Rule::Foo modules together. For this reason try and pick distinct names for your extensions. If this becomes a problem then I may institute a semi-official registry of taken names. Taking no arguments. Note the null prototype on random. This is a cheat for the procedural interface to know that your sub takes no arguments, and so allows this to happen: find( random => in => '.' ); If you hadn't declared "random" with a null prototype it would have consumed "in" as a parameter to it, then got all confused as it doesn't know about a '.' rule. AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule File::Find::Rule::MMagic was the first extension module, so maybe check that out. perl v5.16.2 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Extending(3)