Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting CSv2dat file headers and columns order Post 302898473 by RudiC on Tuesday 22nd of April 2014 11:01:50 AM
Old 04-22-2014
PLease use code tags as required by forum rule!

Try
Code:
awk     'NR==1          {$7="NUMB";$8="STRING_COM";$9="STRING_STATUS"; print $0; next}
         $8 != "c"      {$9=$8; $8=""}
         NF > 9         {for (i=10; i<=NF; i++) $i=""}              
        ' OFS="\t" file
ODT    AGE    CDT    CO    SEX    TIME    NUMB    STRING_COM    STRING_STATUS
P3    Y6-8    ACT    FG    F      2011    1297        
P4    Y3-4    EMP    FG    M      2011    6940              b    
P1    Y7-9    GRT    FG    F      2011    0       c

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Question on order of headers and WEXITSTATUS

In one of the Unix Programming FAQ's they have the following headers in the program to catch SIGCHLD #include <sys/types.h> /* include this before any other sys headers */ #include <sys/wait.h> /* header for waitpid() and various macros */ #include <signal.h> /* header for signal... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frequency8
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the order of columns in a script

I have the following script: (echo -n `curl http://www.example.com/scores.txt | grep mylocation`; date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S) >> myscores.txt This script works fine, except that it places the timestamp at the end of the file myscores.txt. How do add the timestamp as the first column and then a tab and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose multipe columns to rows and adding headers

Hi, I found the following awk script to transpose multiple (3) columns to multiple rows: #=== BEGIN {FS=","} { for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) { arr=$i; if(nf<= NF) nf=NF; } nr=NR } END { for(i=1;i<=nf;i++) { (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gery
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change many columns position/order

Hi everyone, Please some help over here. (I´m using cygwing) I have files with 40 columns and 2000 lines in average. I´m trying to change the order position as follow. Original columns position:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying columns with headers' specific pattern

Hi friends, I have data in tab separated file with headers like this : *sml1 *sml3 *smln7 smfk9 smllf56... Which shell command I should use if i want to extract entire columns that have header names beginning with "*" ? i want to copy these columns into another file. Thanks, (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacks
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-order columns

I am trying to reorder columns based on a value in a field in the attached file. Thank you :). If $11 is not equal to "unknown", then in a new text file $4, $11, $7, $13 For example, row 24 $11 is not unknown A_16_P39089234, chr10:76765556-76765615, KAT6B, 0.9337 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cannot find logical file format for BSD file headers.

Hi. Unix rookie here. Been looking for a few days for reference documents on how BSD UNIX lays the logical file format onto a disk. Goal is to view/edit with hex editor for data repair. Lots of docs are available for how to use Unix commands (like xxd), but I want to learn the map of how Unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris_top_he_r
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to compare files and validate order of headers

The below awk verifies the count and order of each text file in the directory. The script does execute and produce output, however the order of the headers are not compared to key. The portion in bold is supposed to do that. If the order of the headers in each text file is the same as key, then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
ARP2ETHERS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     ARP2ETHERS(8)

NAME
arp2ethers - convert arpwatch address database to ethers file format SYNOPSIS
arp2ethers [ arp.dat file ] DESCRIPTION
arp2ethers converts the file /var/lib/arpwatch/arp.dat (or the file specified on the command line) into ethers(5) format on stdout. Usu- ally arp.dat is an ethernet/ip database file generated by arpwatch(8). The arpwatch daemon in Debian will create different arp.dat depend- ing on its configuration. All of them will be available at /var/lib/arpwatch/. FILES
/var/lib/arpwatch - default directory for arp.dat arp.dat - ethernet/ip address database SEE ALSO
arpwatch(8), ethers(5), rarp(8), arp(8), BUGS
Please send bug reports to arpwatch@ee.lbl.gov. AUTHORS
Original version by Craig Leres of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory Network Research Group, University of California, Berkeley, CA. Modified for the Debian Project by Peter Kelemen, with additions from Erik Warmelink. The current version is available via anonymous ftp: ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/arpwatch.tar.gz This manual page was contributed by Hugo Graumann. ARP2ETHERS(8)