Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing end of line characters Post 302898439 by Subbeh on Tuesday 22nd of April 2014 07:48:29 AM
Old 04-22-2014
Try this and make sure you have a backup of all your files:
Code:
find . -type f -iname *.ics -exec sed -i -e '/^DT\(START\|END\)/s/[0-9][0-9]$/00/' -e 's/\r//' {} \;

if the carriage return is not removed, try changing \r with ^M (ctrl+v+m)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but last Hex characters in a text line

I must remove hex characters 0A and 0D from several fields within an MS Access Table. Since I don't think it can be done in Access, I am trying here. I am exporting a Table from Access (must be fixed length fields, I think, for my idea to work here) into a text format. I then want to run a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAH
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing characters in file with line break

Hi, Apologies if this has been asked before, but I searched and was not able to find an answer. It's probably a simple question to answer for those of you with some experience, though... I have a relatively long string where tokens are separated by the colon (':') character. Let's say the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnemb
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing certain characters with new line?

i have a text file which domains something like this 123213213213/32434342 324324324/12312321321 12321321,435435435 12321312 / 12313213 / 12435435345 4353213 , 123213213213 21321321312-12334324 234324324 - 235645645645 456456456 - 45456456456 - 45645645654243 how can i replace '/' and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing end of line with " in a UNIX file

How should I replace End of line Character by ". i.e in a file - Name1,NO1 Name2,No2 Name3,No3 .... Should look like -- Name1,NO1" Name2,No2" Name3,No3" .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Observer
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting control characters at the end of each line

How to add control characters at the end of each line in a file? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks, Shobana (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shobana_s
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the 1st 99 characters and add new line feed at the end of the line

I have a file with varying record length in it. I need to reformat this file so that each line will have a length of 100 characters (99 characters + the line feed). AU * A01 EXPENSE 6990370000 CWF SUBC TRAVEL & MISC MY * A02 RESALE 6990788000 Y... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: udelalv
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append characters to end of line

Coding in unix shell script. Hi All, Please help Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam12345
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding characters end of line where line begins with..

Hi all, using VI, can anyone tell me how to add some characters onto the end of a line where the line begins with certain charactars eg a,b,c,......., r,s,t,........, a,b,c,......., all lines in the above example starting with a,b,c, I want to add an x at the end of the line so the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to specify beginning-of-line/end-of-line characters inside a regex range

How can I specify special meaning characters like ^ or $ inside a regex range. e.g Suppose I want to search for a string that either starts with '|' character or begins with start-of-line character. I tried the following but it does not work: sed 's/\(\)/<do something here>/g' file1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - Removing all characters from token to end of line

Hello. The token is any printable characters between 2 " . The token is unknown, but we know that it is between 2 " Tok 1 : "1234x567" Tok 2 : "A3b6+None" Tok 3 : "A3b6!1234=@" The ligne is : Line 1 : "9876xABCDE"Do you have any code fragments or data samples in your post Line 2 : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					       SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-subst - GNU shtool sed(1) substitution operations SYNOPSIS
shtool subst [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-n|--nop] [-w|--warning] [-q|--quiet] [-s|--stealth] [-i|--interactive] [-b|--backup ext] [-e|--exec cmd] [-f|--file cmd-file] [file] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
This command applies one or more sed(1) substitution operations to stdin or any number of files. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -n, --nop No operation mode. Actual execution of the essential shell commands which would be executed is suppressed. -w, --warning Show warning on substitution operation resulting in no content change on every file. The default is to show a warning on substitution operations resulted in no content change on all files. -q, --quiet Suppress warning on substitution operation resulting in no content change. -s, --stealth Stealth operation. Preserve timestamp on file. -i, --interactive Enter interactive mode where the user has to approve each operation. -b, --backup ext Preserve backup of original file using file name extension ext. Default is to overwrite the original file. -e, --exec cmd Specify sed(1) command directly. -f, --file cmd-file Read sed(1) command from file. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool subst -i -e 's;(c) ([0-9]*)-2000;(c) 1-2001;' *.[ch] # RPM spec-file %install shtool subst -v -n -e 's;^(prefix=).*;1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix};g' -e 's;^(sysconfdir=).*;1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix}/etc;g' `find . -name Makefile -print` make install HISTORY
The GNU shtool subst command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 2001 for GNU shtool. It was prompted by the need to have a uniform and convenient patching frontend to sed(1) operations in the OpenPKG package specifications. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), sed(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)