Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Issue with rm command in a tera byte file system Post 302898416 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 22nd of April 2014 05:09:31 AM
Old 04-22-2014
You could shorten this to a single-line find command, but can you (kppublicmail) answer the questions posed in responses. It will mean that you get more useful suggestions.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

byte count and cut command

1. Is there a way to count the number of bytes of a variable? example: abc@yahoo.com is 13 bytes 2. Cut command only allows one byte for delimiter example: cut -f1 -d'.' delimited by period. Is there a way to have two or more characters in the delimiter field? thanks in adavance. :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemangjani
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Tera Terminal Emulator

Hello Expert! :b: Question for you guys, Can anyone tell me how to use terminal emulator on Windows XP to view Solaris config? I have no idea on Solaris and the only thing I could do is to boot it up. Honestly, I have given a tasked to delete all the files and some necessary memory information... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katsloko
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if 2 files are identical byte-to-byte?

In my server migration requirement, I need to compare if one file on old server is exactly the same as the corresponding file on the new server. For diff and comm, the inputs need to be sorted. But I do not want to disturb the content of the file and need to find byte-to-byte match. Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
4 Replies

4. Solaris

File system Issue

Hi All, I am working with the Solaris 9. In df -h command / file system size is 9.6 GB , used 7.5 GB and avialble space is 2.1. OK But in du -hd command it is showing some 4.1 GB only. How to find out that remaining 3.4GB. Can you please help me ... Thanks and Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
1 Replies

5. Solaris

root file system issue

Hi, In df -h root file system showing (total size) (used) (free) /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 11G 7.6G 2.8G 73% / but du -hd command showng 5.1 gb used sapce. I am missing 3.00 gb space. Here I have to knoe where is Remaining space... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Solaris

/ file system full issue

Hi All, This is Babu working as a system administrator. Here I am getting one problem with one of my Sun server's root (/) file system. In df -h command / file system showing 7.8 GB used space.But in du -hd command it showing 5.2 gb only. Please can any one help me resolve this issue... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

7. AIX

GPFS file system corrupt issue

Hi Administrators, I have one issue related to GPFS filesystem. We have bad entries in this file system, which reflects error like ls: 0653-341 The file <filename> does not exist. when we give "ls -ltr" on this directory. So we taken the FS filesystem offline and followed the below steps. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgarg
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shared File system- lib access issue

I have a C++ binary executable installed in a file system which is shared across multiple solaris boxes. When I start this executable from one of the boxes,I am able to start only 4 parallel instances and from the 5th instance onwards I am getting the following error. fatal: libdb2.so.1:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issue with mounting the file system .

Hi gurus, Need your help , Am facing some issue with one of the ext3 file system.while rebooting it failed to mount fs after running fsck i tried manuall but still no luck.However i made the machine up but am unable to mount file system can some one please help me. root@vm258902]~# cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

Traditional Chinese Multi-Byte issue

Trying to load a specific Traditional Chinese Character on an HP UX platform for a Taiwan database. Data is converting to ?. Database has existed since 2008 and this is the first issue I've seen where a user is unable to save the multi-byte character in the database. I'm thinking this is may be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: OHcoder
0 Replies
WMCLOCKMON-CAL(1)						   User Commands						 WMCLOCKMON-CAL(1)

NAME
wmclockmon-cal - A calendar to use with wmclockmon SYNOPSIS
wmclockmon-cal [-h] [-v] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the wmclockmon-cal command. wmclockmon-cal is a program that displays a calendar and TODO list with wmclockmon. A calendar/TODO list can contain special lines that will be taken as alarms for wmclockmon. An alarm line MUST begin with an @, then con- tain the time (hours and minutes un 24h format) and, at least, the message, such as : @ 09:20 Prepare for RDV hairdresser at 9:30... OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. -h, --help show help text and exit. -v, --version show program version and exit. FILE
wmclockmon-cal uses files in ~/.wmclockmoncal/. Each file contain a day's TODO list. Calendar files are all in form of yyyy-mm-dd. Yearly files are in form of XXXX-mm-dd and monthly files are in form of XXXX-XX-dd. There are currently no weekly files since weekly alarms are in wmclockmon's configuration file. SEE ALSO
wmclockmon(1), wmclockmon-config(1) AUTHOR
WMClockMon-cal was written by Thomas Nemeth <tnemeth@free.fr>. wmclockmon-cal February 2004 WMCLOCKMON-CAL(1)