Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to loop script for multiple file? Post 302898345 by bartus11 on Monday 21st of April 2014 03:06:05 PM
Old 04-21-2014
Try:
Code:
for i in /path/*.rnk; do java -jar commands -res $i -out ${i%.*} -gui false; done

These 3 Users Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop to run a perl script on multiple files

Hi, I have thousands of files in a directory that have the following 2 formats: 289620178.aln 289620179.aln 289620180.aln 289620183.aln 289620184.aln 289620185.aln 289620186.aln 289620187.aln 289620188.aln 289620189.aln 289620190.aln 289620192.aln.... and: alnCDS_1.fasta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greptastic
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to manipulate a script and store it in multiple output files

I have a script where the the 9th line looks like this: $filename=sprintf("250.1chr%d.ped", $N); I want to modify this script 1000 times, changing 250.1chr%d.ped to 250.2chr%d.ped, 250.3chr%.ped.......and so on all the way to 250.1000chr%d.ped and store each output in files called ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to process multiple input files by a shell script

I have multiple input files that I want to manipulate using a shell script. The files are called 250.1 through 250.1000 but I only want the script to manipulate 250.300 through 250.1000. Before I was using the following script to manipulate the text files: for i in 250.*; do || awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using Shell Script To Loop Program Through Multiple Text Files

Hello, So I have approximately 300 files of raw data (.txt) files that I am using to perform statistical analysis. I have been able to construct a Fortran program that is able to perform my statistical analysis on a file by file basis. However, I now want to be able to loop program through... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmyd24
19 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop reading file with multiple conditions

Hi Am trying to print the PIDs of process in a file and trying to grep any PID from that file I set the if condition as $value != "PID" and $value != "-" Assign that number to a variable Am confused since am using while loop to read the line from file and again if condition to check those... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reset while loop to loop same file multiple times

Hi, I want to read file multiple times. Right now i am using while loop but that is not working. ex. While read line do while read line2 do echo stmt1 #processing some data based on data., done < file2.txt done < file1.txt # This will have 10... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove first few characters from multiple file names without do loop?

Hi Fellows, I was wondering how I can remove first few characters from multiple file names without do loop in unix? e.g. water123.xyz water456.xyz to 123.xyz 456.xyz Thanks Paul Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Moghadam
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of loop :Splitting a single file into multiple .dat file

hdr=$(cut -c1 $path$file|head -1)#extract header”H” trl=$(cut -c|path$file|tail -1)#extract trailer “T” SplitFile=$(cut -c 50-250 $path 1$newfile |sed'$/ *$//' head -1')# to trim white space and extract table name If; then # start loop if it is a header While read I #read file Do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SwagatikaP1
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop multiple directory, find a file and send email

Hello ALL, need a BASH script who find file and send email with attachment. I have 50 folders without sub directories in each generated files of different sizes but with a similar name Rp01.txt Rp02.txt Rp03.txt ...etc. Each directors bound by mail group, I need a script that goes as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penchev
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through multiple files in bash script

Hi Everybody, I'm a newbie to shell scripting, and I'd appreciate some help. I have a bunch of .txt files that have some unwanted content. I want to remove lines 1-3 and 1028-1098. #!/bin/bash for '*.txt' in <path to folder> do sed '1,3 d' "$f"; sed '1028,1098 d' "$f"; done I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BabyNuke
2 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEB(1)						     Debhelper							  DH_INSTALLDEB(1)

NAME
dh_installdeb - install files into the DEBIAN directory SYNOPSIS
dh_installdeb [debhelperoptions] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdeb is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files into the DEBIAN directories in package build directories with the correct permissions. FILES
package.postinst package.preinst package.postrm package.prerm These maintainer scripts are installed into the DEBIAN directory. Inside the scripts, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. package.triggers package.shlibs These control files are installed into the DEBIAN directory. package.conffiles This control file will be installed into the DEBIAN directory. In v3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/ directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by this program, so there is no need to list them manually here. package.maintscript Lines in this file correspond to dpkg-maintscript-helper(1) commands and parameters. Any shell metacharacters will be escaped, so arbitrary shell code cannot be inserted here. For example, a line such as "mv_conffile /etc/oldconffile /etc/newconffile" will insert maintainer script snippets into all maintainer scripts sufficient to move that conffile. A versioned Pre-Dependency on dpkg is needed to use dpkg-maintscript-helper(1). An appropriate Pre-Dependency is set in ${misc:Pre-Depends} ; you should make sure to put that token into an appropriate place in your debian/control file. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 8.9.0ubuntu2.1 2012-06-12 DH_INSTALLDEB(1)