Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exiting (caught signal 11)
Operating Systems Solaris Exiting (caught signal 11) Post 302898330 by hicksd8 on Monday 21st of April 2014 12:41:40 PM
Old 04-21-2014
Quote:
I created a new Virtual machine and was trying to install Solaris
What is the hardware? What virtualisation platform is it? VMware?

I assume the box is x86 (Intel, AMD, or similar)?

If your box has 4GB memory total it doesn't mean that all of it will be available to a virtual machine 'guest' created on it. There will be a default memory allocation for a new virtual machine which may not be enough. See your virtualisation platform documentation and try to jack it up to at least 3GB.

(RISC=Reduced Instruction Set Computer)
Don't think that's what you've got if it's x86 based.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

process caught signal 5

Hello, We are using AIX 5.2 ML 7. One of the process in its log file said the following and stopped running. Caught signal=5, exiting. What would cause the signal 5 to be generated on an AIX box. Please advise. Thx Jerardfjay (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

My error is not being caught or handled

Hi, I my ksh script I have the following: ##--Checking the spool file for errors NumberOfErrors=`cat $CurrSpoolFile | grep " ORA-" | wc -l`my logfile shows this: PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. PL/SQL procedure successfully completed. BEGIN... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramangill
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 install issue - "Caught Signal 11"

Rebuilding a server (T2000) from a flash archive I created on another server. Using a Solaris 10/08 DVD to boot from the was going to point it tot he flash archive and pull it over NFS. I've done this many times with success until now. It initially boots off the DVD, you input the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Probos
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 upgrade exiting ( caught signal 11)

Hi, I am pretty new to Solaris and am trying to upgrade from the OBP. I go through the process of booting from the cdrom, entering all necessary information and running the upgrade. The system completes analysis and then fail with the EXITING (caught signal 11) error I believe that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seanliam
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Exiting signal 6

Hello all, I have a problem when installing Solaris 10 on Enterprise 450. I booted from dvd, then the installation was started. The error appeared after determining the installation method, F2-Standard, F?-Flash...... The error was Exiting signal 6. Please, need help. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hardono
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line numbers and exception to be caught in logs

Hi Folks, I have just basic queries is that suppose I have to monitor the logs then there is a command , suppose I have to monitor the abc.log which is updating dynamically within seconds so the command will be after going to that directory is .. tail -f abc.log Now please advise what about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 "Exiting (caught signal 11)"

I get an error after the initializing screen. I am using a DVD/ROM to boot up the installation on a Dell Inspiron 1520. Segmentation fault - core dumped. I have tried to restart multiple times. Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jimasaurus
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Continue Processing after a signal is caught

Is it possible to continue after signal is caught and control goes to function specified in the trap statement? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)