Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO File permissions reverting back? Post 302898303 by bigbug on Monday 21st of April 2014 09:14:00 AM
Old 04-21-2014
File permissions reverting back?

After running
integrity -e
( may not have done this code thing correctly )
I got the following

.io/bootdisk/boot group root should be backup
mode 0600 should be 0440
.io/bootdisk/swap group root should be mem
mode 0600 should be 0440
.io/bootdisk/root group root should be backup
mode 0600 should be 0440
/stand/unix owner root should be bin
group root should be mem
mode 0744 should be 0440
/etc/resolv.conf owner root should be bin
group sys should be bin

I corrected all these manually and again ran integrity -e - all was good
I did a shutdown and again ran integrity -e all the same errors were back.

I then discovered fixmog and used it . Ran integrity -e again and all was corrected. Again i did a shutdown and restarted and then ran integrity -e.
All the same errors were back .

Question. Are they really errors, or good old SCO at work again ?
Enlightenment appreciated

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files in work directory reverting to root ownership

Hi, I have a problem with a Unix server we do not adminster but have an application running on. The problem is that overnight, files in the /user4/work directory revert to root ownership. This causes problems as we cannot process the files. 1) What would be causing files to revert to root... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: canman
1 Replies

2. Programming

File to Array and Back.

Hi, how can i write a C program in Red Hat 9. I can't find a compiler. Also would you mind looking at this code and telling me if you think its ok. I need to put a file which has many columns of data (of which i only need the first two) into an array, so that i can add it to another such file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boucho
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

4. AIX

back to back printing in UNIX

Hi , Can you suggest me how to back to back printing in UNIX? Is there any way? Kindly advise. Regards Vijaya Amirtha Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amirthraj_12
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

Back-to-Back Connection using HBAs

Hi every body, Is it possible to connect two servers Back-to-Back (Point-to-Point) using HBA adapters & using Fiber. Note it is direct connection & there is no switches between the servers. I'm concern about using HBA adapters, it is possible or not. Thanks in advance. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a string pattern in a file and write back to the same file

I have a control file which looks like this LOAD DATA INFILE '/array/data/data_Finished_T5_col_change/home/oracle/emp.dat' PRESERVE BLANKS INTO TABLE SCOTT.EMP FIELDS TERMINATED BY '|' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' TRAILING NULLCOLS (................. ..................) How can i edit the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mwrg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverting to system Perl - downgrading

Not how I expected my weekend to go. My redhat server previously had perl 5.8.0 installed on it. Downloading a mysql utility, it asked for that and I blindly installed it. Broke a whole bunch of things. Now I'm hearing that I should revert back to my "system perl" because there may be further... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheian
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

9. Solaris

LU - Reverting to original Boot Enviroment

Last week, I created a new BE using lucreate which I was able to successfully boot from and has been working fine sinxe. I now want to revert to the original BE but luactivate gives me these errors: # luactivate current_be ERROR: boot environment <current_be> already mounted on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonic72
9 Replies

10. Web Development

Removing VBSEO for vbulletin – Reverting back to vbulletin URLs

Please note, this information was copied from vbseo.com, now showing a database error. This is posted for reference since vbSEO seems to be going out of business: If you ever need to uninstall vBSEO , you can use the following instructions. Make sure you carefully follow each step. Login... (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
37 Replies
CHROOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 CHROOT(8)

NAME
chroot -- change root directory SYNOPSIS
chroot [-u -user] [-g -group] [-G -group,group,...] newroot [command] DESCRIPTION
The chroot command changes its root directory to the supplied directory newroot and exec's command, if supplied, or an interactive copy of your shell. If the -u, -g or -G options are given, the user, group and group list of the process are set to these values after the chroot has taken place. See setgid(2), setgroups(2), setuid(2), getgrnam(3) and getpwnam(3). Note, command or the shell are run as your real-user-id. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is referenced by chroot: SHELL If set, the string specified by SHELL is interpreted as the name of the shell to exec. If the variable SHELL is not set, /bin/sh is used. SEE ALSO
chdir(2), chroot(2), environ(7) HISTORY
The chroot utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
chroot should never be installed setuid root, as it would then be possible to exploit the program to gain root privileges. 4.3 Berkeley Distribution October 6, 1998 4.3 Berkeley Distribution