Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Netsat output-Please review
Special Forums IP Networking Netsat output-Please review Post 302898272 by Vishal_dba on Monday 21st of April 2014 06:03:20 AM
Old 04-21-2014
Thanks!

The problem is that we need to report to network admin if we feel some issues so I want to understand if there are issues in this stat

like below

12519 dropped due to no socket
77670 broadcast/multicast datagrams dropped due to no socket

Best regards,
Vishal

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can some review my code would be appreicated?

I am getting an error "ftpNotes.sh: syntax error at line 8 : `<<' unmatched" #!/bin/ksh PATH=/usr/sbin/:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/local/bin:. cd $HOME if ;then if ; then echo 'DSC file already ftp to epm server' else ftp -n epmdev00 <<SCRIPT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sibghat
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I review the source code?

A very n00b question: After compiling and installing software, where does the original source code reside? I'd like to study the source code of some of the ports I've installed. Thanks! :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aaron Van
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please, review script.

Hi guys, I 've been brewing this shellscript, but I can't test it until next tuesday. In the meantime I am too curious wether it will work or not, so I'd like to hear your comments. Background: I want to watch the user quota for mailboxes in various email-domains on a IMAP-server. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: algernonz
1 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Please review this thread wrt o/p

https://www.unix.com/unix-dummies-questions-answers/117633-top-output-specific-process-file-2.html (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: methyl
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Log Review- SU

Hi, Can some please provide some hints on what to look for in unix/Linux logs such as sulog from a Information security perspective. Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tilus
2 Replies
te(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						     te(7)

NAME
te - TGEC Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
config_driver te DESCRIPTION
The te interface provides access to a 10 Mb/s Ethernet network through the TGEC controller. The host's Internet address is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl. The te interface employs the address resolution protocol described in arp(7) to map dynamically between Internet and Ethernet addresses on the local network. The SIOCSPHYSADDR ioctl can be used to change the physical address of the TGEC. The SIOCRPHYSADDR ioctl can be used to read the physical address of the TGEC. The SIOCADDMULTI and SIOCDELMULTI ioctls can be used to add or delete multicast addresses. The TGEC recognizes a maximum of 12 multicast addresses. The SIOCRDCTRS and SIOCRDZCTRS ioctls can be used to read or ``read and clear'' the Ethernet driver counters. The argument to these two ioctls is a pointer to a counter structure, ctrreq, found in <net/if.h>. The SIOCENABLBACK and SIOCDISABLBACK ioctls can be used to enable and disable the interface loopback mode respectively. EXAMPLES
To obtain the physical address of the adapter, use the SIOCRPHYSADDR ioctl as in the following program example: #include <stdio.h> /* standard I/O */ #include <errno.h> /* error numbers */ #include <sys/socket.h> /* socket definitions */ #include <sys/ioctl.h> /* ioctls */ #include <net/if.h> /* generic interface structures */ main() { int s,i; struct ifdevea devea; /* Get a socket */ s = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM,0); if (s < 0) { perror("socket"); exit(1); } strcpy(devea.ifr_name,"te0"); if (ioctl(s,SIOCRPHYSADDR,&devea) < 0) { perror(&devea.ifr_name[0]); exit(1); } printf("Address is "); for (i = 0; i < 6; i++) printf("%X ", devea.default_pa[i] & 0xff); printf(" "); close(s); } To enable external loopback, use the SIOCENABLEBACK ioctl as in the following program example: #include <stdio.h> /* standard I/O */ #include <errno.h> /* error numbers */ #include <sys/socket.h> /* socket definitions */ #include <sys/ioctl.h> /* ioctls */ #include <net/if.h> /* generic interface structures */ main() { int s; struct ifreq data; /* Get a socket */ s = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM,0); if (s < 0) { perror("socket"); exit(1); } strcpy(data.ifr,"te0"); if (ioctl(s,SIOCENABLEBACK,&data) < 0) { perror("SIOCENABLEBACK:"); exit(1); } close(s); } ERRORS
The diagnostic error messages contain relevant information provided by the TGEC. The interface was handed a message with addresses format- ted in an unsuitable address family, and the packet was dropped. The TGEC hardware failed to reset itself properly. The driver's attempt to allocate a buffer failed. The driver's attempt to allocate a buffer failed. Too many multicast requests have been made. The shared memory block for the TGEC's local RAM buffer is missing from the CMOS configuration data. RELATED INFORMATION
arp(7), inet(7), netintro(7) delim off te(7)