Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To Replace a line in a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To Replace a line in a file Post 302898146 by RudiC on Saturday 19th of April 2014 05:36:27 AM
Old 04-19-2014
Does your find command give any output (-name *.properties while the file extension seems to be property)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a line in file with blank line

Hi I nned cmd to which will help me to replace a line in file with blank line e.g. file1 a b c d e after running cmd I shud get file1 b c d e (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and for each line replace two variables, add strings and save output in another file

Hi All, I have a file, let's call it "info.tmp" that contains data like this .. ABC123456 PCX333445 BCD789833 I need to read "info.tmp" and for each line add strings in a way that the final output is put /logs/ua/dummy.trigger 'AAA00001.FTP.XXX.BLA03A01.xxxxxx(+1)' where XXX... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Andy_ARG
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Optimised way for search & replace a value on one line in a very huge file (File Size is 24 GB).

Hi Experts, I had to edit (a particular value) in header line of a very huge file so for that i wanted to search & replace a particular value on a file which was of 24 GB in Size. I managed to do it but it took long time to complete. Can anyone please tell me how can we do it in a optimised... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishkomar007
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a line with modified line in same file

i have few lines in a file... i am reading them in a while loop so a particular line is held is $line1.. consider a modified line is held in $line2.... i want to replace $line1 with $line2 in the same file... how to do it..? i have come up till the below code sed "s/$line1/$line2/g" tmpfile.sql... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi I am not the best scripter in the world and have run into a issue which you might be able to guide me on... I have two files. File1 : A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB File2: C345,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckycharm
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Each Line Of A File

Hi All, I want to repalce each line of a file by a constant value using awk. I do not need to match the pattern and replace and I also do not need to perform replace for selected lines of file. Every line in the file will be replace by the constant value. I searched every where and did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace and add line in file with line in another file based on matching string

Hi, I want to achieve something similar to what described in another post: The difference is I want to add the line if the pattern is not found. File 1: A123, valueA, valueB B234, valueA, valueB C345, valueA, valueB D456, valueA, valueB E567, valueA, valueB F678, valueA, valueB ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyu3
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line in file with line in another file based on matching string

HI Can any one guide me how to achieve this task. I have 2 files env.txt #Configuration.Properties values identity_server_url = http://identity.test-hit.com:9783/identity/service/user/register randon_password_length = 6 attachment_file_path = /pass/temp/attachments/... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikilbr86
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe.

Sed command to replace a line in a file using line number from the output of a pipe. Is it possible to replace a whole line piped from someother command into a file at paritcular line... here is some basic execution flow.. the line number is 412 lineNo=412 Now i have a line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace line for another line in file

Hey, i have been struggeling to find the answer myself so this is the best forum has alwyas help me :) i have an API that get data from a provider via curl. the data comes like this : AccountCode1234 CompneyNameA Credit: 200 AccountCode5678 CompneyNameB Credit: 200 AccountCode999... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
3 Replies
HAL-FIND-BY-PROPERTY(1)                                       General Commands Manual                                      HAL-FIND-BY-PROPERTY(1)

NAME
hal-find-by-property - find device objects by property matching SYNOPSIS
hal-find-by-property [options] DESCRIPTION
hal-get-property finds device object in the HAL device database by looking at device properties. For more information about both the big picture and specific HAL properties, refer to the HAL spec which can be found in /usr/share/doc/hal-doc/spec/hal-spec.html depending on the distribution. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --key The name of the property. --string String value of the property --verbose Verbose output. --help Print out usage. --version Print the version. RETURN VALUE
If devices matching the given property are found each UDI (Unique Device Identifier) is printed on stdout and the program exits with exit code 0. If no devices are found or an error occured, the program exits with a non-zero exit code. BUGS
Please send bug reports to either the distribution or the HAL mailing list, see http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/hal on how to subscribe. SEE ALSO
hald(8), lshal(1), hal-set-property(1), hal-get-property(1), hal-find-by-capability(1), dbus-send(1) AUTHOR
Written by David Zeuthen <david@fubar.dk> with a lot of help from many others. HAL-FIND-BY-PROPERTY(1)