Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Trying To Write File Contents To Specfic .csv Cell Post 302898113 by Don Cragun on Friday 18th of April 2014 05:22:21 PM
Old 04-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyf
Don, the script is returning an error.
Code:
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: bailing out near line 1

Sorry. Since you're using a Solaris system change awk in my script to /usr/xpg4/bin/awk, /usr/xpg6/bin/awk, or nawk.
This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to read and write directory or file contents in c++ ?

Dear Friends, I m beginner unix programmer. I want to know, how to read and write directory or file contents in c++ ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namrata5
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to compare two csv files values and write into another csv file

Hi all, Am new to scripting. So i just need your ideas to help me out. Here goes my requirement. I have two csv files 1.csv 2.csv abc,1.24 abc,1 def,2.13 def,1 I need to compare the first column of 1.csv with 2.csv and if matches then need to compare... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnahyd
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit particular cell of csv file using shell script

I have one csv file and in that I want update particular cell. I know the row and coloumn number for that respective. Please help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepak_p86
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to add two values in the same cell of CSV file

I need help to create a csv file with Unix command. In csv file, i need to put two values in the same cell. Rite now, whts happening is, if i put 2 values in the same cell, its comming as " asd, zxc" but i want it in different line but in same cell. asd zxc Please reply me ASAP. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prashant Jain
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store table contents in csv file

I need to write a script to store the contents of a table in a csv file I'm using Toad, it's a Oracle database. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract last cell of csv file

How do I extract the last cell in a column of a csv file using linux shell scripting? Or alternatively, how do I get the number of cells of a csv file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write array contents to file

Hi, I have a bash script that currently holds some data. I am trying to write all the contents to a file called temp.txt. I am using echo ${array} > temp.txt The problem that I am experiencing is that the elements are being written horizontally in the file. I want them written... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Filter500
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a column/columns of a CSV file which has cell values with a string enclosed in " , "?

How can I delete a column from a CSV file which has comma separated value with a string enclosed in double quotes and a comma in between? I have a file 44.csv with 4 lines including the header like the below format: column1, column2, column3, column 4, column5, column6 12,455,"string with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write terminal contents into a one file in UNIX

Hi guys, How to write terminal contents into a file in Unix operating system Actually I created GUI by using Gtk2-perl. I want to display data on GUI whatever the contents writing on terminal. So which command I have to use and where that command to be run I mean in shell script or Perl... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran425
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete a columns of a CSV file which has cell values with a string enclosed in " , "?

Hi How can I delete a columns from a CSV file which has comma separated value with a string enclosed in double quotes or square bracket and a comma in between? I have a csv file with below format. Template,Target Server,Target Component,Rule Group,Rule,Rule Reference Number,Rule... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Litu19
7 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
       ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices

SYNOPSIS
       /usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir]

DESCRIPTION
       ucblinks  creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi-
       ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry.

ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand.

ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been  created,
       since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed.

In  releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a  nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses  nawk
       for the default operation, although  nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option.  The  nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS
       5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk.

OPTIONS
       -e rulebase     Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements.

-r rootdir      Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /.

FILES
       /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk        sample rule-base for compatibility links

ATTRIBUTES
       See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes:

+-----------------------------+-----------------------------+
       |      ATTRIBUTE TYPE	     |	    ATTRIBUTE VALUE	   |
       |Availability		     |SUNWscpu			   |

SEE ALSO
       devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5)

SunOS 5.10							    13 Apr 1994 						      ucblinks(1B)