Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Saving TTY settings
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Saving TTY settings Post 302898013 by neutronscott on Thursday 17th of April 2014 04:31:07 PM
Old 04-17-2014
yeah this seems to be an Upstart issue, which I'm not totally familiar with, but i booted into a CentOS VM and poked around /etc/init.

It seems start-ttys.conf works by iterating over ACTIVE_CONSOLES and starting new jobs like you do (start tty TTY=...). So I'd probably add to ACTIVE_CONSOLES (ACTIVE_CONSOLES=/dev/tty[1-6] /dev/ttya0[0-5]), and create a tty.override which does something like:

Code:
# load saved tty config if one exists
pre-start script
  [ -f "/home/shared/IT/tty/$TTY" ] && stty -F "/dev/$TTY" < "/home/shared/IT/tty/$TTY"
end script

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

TTY programming

Hi gurus, Need help to code some tools dealing with all the tty thingies, raw mode etc .... Can you juss point me to some cool links related to tty programming, i've tried google but found none so far :confused: Thanks all. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tty problem

Dear all, when I do a remote shell command from a FUJITSU Unix to an HP-UX, I always get this: 15:36:35 + rsh -l storto obs2 sh /users/obs/storto/MESO-NH/tmp_olive_map_00CC/job_prepex_70JY_C00CC_20041103_19 Not a terminal stty: : Erreur inconnue stty: : Erreur inconnue... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stortignauz
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tty remote IP

I am fairly new to Unix Terminal outputs and I have a server that is sending print jobs to a PortServer 8 RJ45 situated in a remote location. It is working fine however we need to change the Subnet of that location and I am unable to find where the IP associated with the terminal is located. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: martin_Montreal
4 Replies

4. AIX

tty

Hi All can anyone tell me what is the meaning of tty,or give me an example of this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Saving Font Settings

I've written some tools that don't like the default font setting that come up with the Common Desktop Environment. (The text on the buttons looks like the dingbat character set.) The work around is to go into the style manager and set the font to anything other than 'medium' which is the default.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
2 Replies

6. Solaris

tty hack

hi all, what i want to do when user open terminal like tty5 and do his work i want to see his terminal how can i do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xxmasrawy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tty changes?

I am not sure if I am using the correct terminology but somehow my tty keeps changing on me. The man pages are confusing to me on what exactly the tty is. This is what I see when I run the tty command. Could anyone explain why my tty keeps changing? ~ $ tty /dev/pts/1 ~ $ tty /dev/pts/0 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

8. AIX

Is there virc or exrc for saving vi configuration settings in AIX?

There's no Vim in AIX (6 and 7), but Vi is natively available. I want to save my configuration for Vi like `set nu` to number lines in files. I couldn't find configuration related to Vi in /etc/ or /usr/etc/ folders. Please help me with that. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinggis6
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: Redirecting to tty and reading from tty

In bash, you can do something like this: #!/bin/bash echo -n "What is your name? " > /dev/tty read thename < /dev/tty How can I do the same in python? I have a python script that has the following content: #!/usr/bin/python2.7 import getpass import sys import telnetlib import... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)			  systemd-tty-ask-password-agent			 SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)

NAME
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent - List or process pending systemd password requests SYNOPSIS
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent [OPTIONS...] [VARIABLE=VALUE...] DESCRIPTION
systemd-tty-ask-password-agent is a password agent that handles password requests of the system, for example for hard disk encryption passwords or SSL certificate passwords that need to be queried at boot-time or during runtime. systemd-tty-ask-password-agent implements the Password Agents Specification[1], and is one of many possible response agents which answer to queries formulated with systemd-ask-password(1). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --list Lists all currently pending system password requests. --query Process all currently pending system password requests by querying the user on the calling TTY. --watch Continuously process password requests. --wall Forward password requests to wall(1) instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. --plymouth Ask question with plymouth(8) instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. --console Ask question on /dev/console instead of querying the user on the calling TTY. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd-ask-password-console.service(8), wall(1), plymouth(8) NOTES
1. Password Agents Specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/PasswordAgents systemd 237 SYSTEMD-TTY-ASK-PASSWORD-AGENT(1)